PDA

View Full Version : Gingher rotary butter.....

shermur
May 1st, 2013, 07:33 PM
Needing new blade desperately; but not really wanting to order on line....has anyone seen a replacement blades for this rotary cutter in retail stores? HELP!:icon_rolleyes:

Good grief! Can you believe I wrote "butter"? And it's only Wednesday....I am in trouble....

SandyWhite
May 1st, 2013, 08:01 PM
Joanne's has them. Do you have a local Joanne's.

shermur
May 1st, 2013, 08:02 PM
Yes, Sandy...I was thinking of going there by Friday...Thank you so much!

buckeyequilter
May 1st, 2013, 08:30 PM
*rotary butter....no I am not sitting here laughing*

How do you like that rotary cutter? I've been looking at them but haven't bought one.

shermur
May 1st, 2013, 08:42 PM
Shirley...I love my Gingher (my stepdaughter got it for me for Christmas about 5 years ago); it is all steel and this would be my first replacement blade in 5 years. I love my Ginger Cutter!

buckeyequilter
May 1st, 2013, 09:57 PM
Shirley...I love my Gingher (my stepdaughter got it for me for Christmas about 5 years ago); it is all steel and this would be my first replacement blade in 5 years. I love my Ginger Cutter!

I think JoAnn's has the cutter. I think I'll see if I can get one with a coupon. My luck they'll have a 50% off coupon and then have the cutter on sale for 25% off, so I won't be able to use the coupon.

Mpyles
May 1st, 2013, 10:08 PM
Lol, they are 30% off right now!

KatiesQuiltingCorner
May 2nd, 2013, 01:57 PM

OMG waiting 5 years to replace the blade! :icon_eek: I have the purple designer Gingher and had to replace the blades quite regularly. I prefer my 60mm Fiskars now since it cuts through more layers though.

sassyquilter
May 2nd, 2013, 02:17 PM
I haven't heard of this rotary butter........but, I'll try anything once:)

Jean Sewing Machine
May 2nd, 2013, 03:56 PM
Sounds yummy!

quiltsRfun
May 2nd, 2013, 04:03 PM
Good grief! Can you believe I wrote "butter"? And it's only Wednesday....I am in trouble....
I thought maybe it was something new I needed to know about. :lol:

EnumclawGramma
May 2nd, 2013, 04:41 PM
I have used a Gingher for about a year now, and only replaced my blade twice. My JoAnn's doesn't carry the blades. I order online. I LOVE it like no other! My DH had to TALK ME INTO buying it because it was pricey, but I've never regretted it!

Bubby
May 2nd, 2013, 04:43 PM
You think you made a mistake...I thought your post said Gingerbread Rotary Butter!! Sorry, I don't know anything about blades for a Gingher cutter.

shermur
May 2nd, 2013, 06:13 PM
You think you made a mistake...I thought your post said Gingerbread Rotary Butter!! Sorry, I don't know anything about blades for a Gingher cutter.

Sorry for the confusion!

bubba
May 2nd, 2013, 06:16 PM
I looked at this cutter seriously, but the price stopped me. But only replacing the blade every five years??? How often do you use it? I am cutting fabric several times a week and probably change my blades every other week. I got the Martelli rotary cutter last year and I absolutely love love love it!!

shannonsaulter
May 3rd, 2013, 12:17 AM
I just got an email from Joanns 15% off total purchase..do you want me to forward it.

shermur
May 3rd, 2013, 08:37 AM
I looked at this cutter seriously, but the price stopped me. But only replacing the blade every five years??? How often do you use it? I am cutting fabric several times a week and probably change my blades every other week. I got the Martelli rotary cutter last year and I absolutely love love love it!!

Shameful to tell you, bubba; but I don't get to use my rotary cutter as often as I would like to. My rotary cutter has probably only cut pieces to three quilts. I should have stated that in the initial post....and I am thrifty. I'll use something until it can't go anymore and this blade needs to retire.

Genny
May 3rd, 2013, 08:55 AM

Anything with butter has got to be good:D

shermur
May 4th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Well...the new blade makes a beautiful cut! Should have changed it out a long while ago...my bad!