PDA

View Full Version : Home From Retreat

Mom23
May 1st, 2013, 06:38 PM
I'm home from my three day quilt retreat and came home with more than I left with. I thought about buying a sewing machine but decided twice not to buy one. I thought I should purchase one locally so I would have better support. Well, that was before I saw a bargain on a used machine. I am the proud owner of a two year old Janome Memory Craft 6600 Professional sewing machine. It was too good of a deal to pass up!!!

Yesterday, GrannyAnn stopped in for a surprise visit. It was so good to see her. I recognized her right away. It's so fun to actually see my forum friends in person!

I also finished two quilts and got all the pieces cut out for a third. I will post pictures some day. I have some catching up to do at home first. Yesterday we were in the sewing room for 15 hours. The only time we took a break was when we ate breakfast, lunch and dinner. The sewing room had a nice little kitchen so we didn't even have to go out for meals. This morning when I got up I went into the store and tried out the machine first thing. I had thought about it long enough, I took it for a test run and bought it.

Can't wait to get started sewing but I will mow first!! AND, I have to sit down tonight and read what's been happening on the forum. I missed you all!!

If you are close enough to Danville, Illinois and need a place for a retreat I highly recommend Threads of Time. As I said before, the retreat center is "Threads and Beds"!

auntiemern
May 1st, 2013, 06:53 PM
Sounds like a great time. Congrats on the new to you machine.

Jean Sewing Machine
May 1st, 2013, 07:00 PM
You will not be sorry you bought that model, I had one and traded up, but really loved that machine, sometimes I wish I had it back. Happy sewing!

grannyann
May 1st, 2013, 07:31 PM
Hi there, Glad you are home safe. I was wondering all day if you had left. I am also glad you enjoyed your retreat and got your self a sewing machine. I hope the ladies in your group had a good time also.
It was great to meet you and I am glad I decided to pop in on you. As I told you I am not an out going person and wish I was but I am very glad I decided to step out of my comfort zone and get in there and meet you.
I have started sewing my Falling Charms or what I had to work with and put them all together today. Next is the quilting and binding. I will go back to Threads of Time tomorrow and see what I can get for the backing.
Once again it was nice meeting you and I am glad your back home safe and sound.