PDA

View Full Version : Hello, got a question (miss me? HA)

shorte85
May 1st, 2013, 05:11 PM
Hey there everyone!

Still alive and kicking, kind of been taking a break from sewing for a little bit. :) I've kind of taken up another hobby, been making pins and stuff. :)

Although I have to say that I came across a video, about making ribbon roses and was wondering if anyone has ever seen this type of ribbon??? It looks as if the ribbon is sparkly (glittery) on both sides. Kind of double faced satin ribbon.

Here's the video of what I'm talking about.

http://youtu.be/QGTqn_pA6fU

Anyone have any idea what ribbon brand she is using? Any help with this would be absolutely appreciated!! :)

I hope everyone is doing great!! :)

Tanya D
May 1st, 2013, 05:12 PM
Hi CJ!

Nice to see you. I can't access the video from work so I can't give you any advice. Just wanted to say hello :)

shorte85
May 1st, 2013, 05:28 PM
Thanks Tanya! Hope your having a wonderful day at work.

It's beautiful here at home!! Windows WIDE open, and fresh air pouring into the house! LOVING IT!! :)

Tanya D
May 1st, 2013, 05:34 PM
MMmm, sounds divine. I'm a wee bit envious.

The sun is shining here but it's not that warm. I would still rather be outside then stuck in an office.

Enjoy the fresh air!

shorte85
May 1st, 2013, 05:38 PM
Thanks, will do! Sorry it's not warm there yet. Trust me, it wasn't warm far from now because in April it was still snowing on some days (which normally that does not happen - or hasn't happen in a really really really (keep going) really long time. ;)

I have to agree with you, I'd rather be in a outside than in a office!!

Jean Sewing Machine
May 1st, 2013, 05:57 PM
Hey CJ, I made a new video for you! Check out the link in my user notes.

Thanks for the rose video, it is very cool. I have never seen that kind of ribbon.

shorte85
May 1st, 2013, 06:17 PM
Thanks Jean, I actually checked out the new ones you have!! Very nice!! :) Thanks for adding the new ones. :)

Sandy Navas
May 1st, 2013, 08:30 PM
CJ check this site: http://www.theribboncurl.com/Style.asp?NStyle=990&NGroup=18&NName=St.%20Patrick
Also do a search for 'glitter ribbon' and 'sparkle ribbon' There is some on etsy that I found also.

WendyI
May 1st, 2013, 08:55 PM
CJ...what a coinkydink! I was just thinking tonight about the line in your signature that pins and boobs don't mix as I had just drove one into one of my own! I couldn't recall in whose signature I'd read that and here you are! LOL!

Sorry, no help with the fabrics tho!

shorte85
May 2nd, 2013, 02:03 AM
CJ check this site: http://www.theribboncurl.com/Style.asp?NStyle=990&NGroup=18&NName=St.%20Patrick
Also do a search for 'glitter ribbon' and 'sparkle ribbon' There is some on etsy that I found also.

Thanks, checking it out!! :)

CJ...what a coinkydink! I was just thinking tonight about the line in your signature that pins and boobs don't mix as I had just drove one into one of my own! I couldn't recall in whose signature I'd read that and here you are! LOL!

Sorry, no help with the fabrics tho!

Ha ha, yeah pins hurt in the boob area!! Ha

SallyO'Sews
May 2nd, 2013, 10:36 AM
Hi, CJ, welcome back! Cool project, but I've never seen that ribbon before. My question is, why are her fingernails not painted like her thumbnails? Is that a "thing," now? I am very old and pretty much clueless on style, even with my four DD's age 16 - 31 lecturing me. :0

Hulamoon
May 2nd, 2013, 12:31 PM
I was wondering were you went :) Don't know about the ribbon but I did some pins and backed them with felt. I think I have one somewhere to take a pic later. How are you backing them? Did you do anything with the froggies? Glad to see you back:)

shorte85
May 2nd, 2013, 03:21 PM
Hi, CJ, welcome back! Cool project, but I've never seen that ribbon before. My question is, why are her fingernails not painted like her thumbnails? Is that a "thing," now? I am very old and pretty much clueless on style, even with my four DD's age 16 - 31 lecturing me. :0

I have no clue about the nails, ha! I'm as clueless as you are about that, ha! Also, I've never seen ribbon like this as well. But I may have found it, and may be getting a sample card of it see if it's what I'm looking for. :)

I was wondering were you went :) Don't know about the ribbon but I did some pins and backed them with felt. I think I have one somewhere to take a pic later. How are you backing them? Did you do anything with the froggies? Glad to see you back:)

Yeah, I back them with a piece of round felt and then attach a pin part to it. :) Nothing too complicating. :)

I haven't thought of anything to do with the frog material just yet. :) I'm sure I will come to think of something when I do I will be sure to post it on the forum. :) I don't know if I can justify cutting it up, ha ha!! Not til I am 100% sure I want to use it for a project (when it comes up) ha ha!!! :)