PDA

View Full Version : Granddaughter due soon....

MayinJerset
May 1st, 2013, 01:37 PM
This is my granddaughter Laura who is expecting this month. Doesn't she look great? Laura will be 29 on the 15th of the month and wouldn't it be something if the new baby is born on Mom's Bday. Second photo is Laura with son Jack, our frist great grandchild, who will be 2 end of July. May

asta
May 1st, 2013, 01:56 PM
She is beautiful and her son is so cute. Best wishes for a safe and healthy delivery.

lilmouse
May 1st, 2013, 02:06 PM
Adorable pictures...you must be so excited; I know I would be!

Jean Sewing Machine
May 1st, 2013, 03:33 PM
How darling they both are! Isn't it interesting that moms of today show off their baby bumps so proudly? Back in our day, we draped ourselves with yards of fabric to cover up the bump!

Bubby
May 1st, 2013, 03:43 PM
She looks wonderful...a beautiful mom-to-be. Jack is a real cutie!!

Karena1984
May 1st, 2013, 03:58 PM
I wish I looked that good pregnant! That little boy is adorable!

Tanya D
May 1st, 2013, 05:18 PM
She's so pretty and absolutely glowing.

I agree with you Jean...I love how pregnant woman show off their tummy more so now than they used to. It's something to be excited about and proud of.

My baby is almost 13 and I wore the "loads of fabric". I wish I had worn something more like this but it wasn't in style just yet.

How exciting for you May...I hope she has a happy and safe delivery whenever the little one is ready to appear.

Mchelem
May 1st, 2013, 06:40 PM
I just wish that people weren't so touchy feely about pregnant women nowadays. I don't want perfect strangers putting their hands on my stomach.....

I had a lady come up to me in Lowes and just start rubbing her hands all over my belly and telling me she just loved pregnant women.... I reached out and touched her left breast and she got offended! I thought we were touching each other inappropriately and it was my turn????

WendyI
May 1st, 2013, 08:58 PM
I just wish that people weren't so touchy feely about pregnant women nowadays. I don't want perfect strangers putting their hands on my stomach.....

I had a lady come up to me in Lowes and just start rubbing her hands all over my belly and telling me she just loved pregnant women.... I reached out and touched her left breast and she got offended! I thought we were touching each other inappropriately and it was my turn????

BWAHAHAHA!!! OMG!! THAT is AWESOME!!! I think I just peed my pants!!

WendyI
May 1st, 2013, 08:59 PM
LOL...omigosh..still laughing.

May...your GD is GORGEOUS!! She looks so happy and healthy. Congratulations!! And your GS is adorable as well. sigh. I love my 10 year old...every day he teaches me something about myself...but I sure miss that wee two year old.

auntiemern
May 2nd, 2013, 12:39 AM
Beautiful GD and GGS. She looks stunning with her baby bump. Wish I would have looked like that. I looked like I was having a baby elephant. Congrats on the upcoming great grand.

Evilynn
May 2nd, 2013, 05:49 AM
Your granddaughter is beautiful! And her babybump is beautiful too! And what a cutie of great grandson you have :) Congratulations!

This!!! I have a friend pregnant in Germany who is experiencing THIS right now! She says she hates it. When I was pregnant with Janna I had people coming over too but they never touched me. And if they wanted, they at least asked if they could or may. That happend rarely anyway but that's proper behaviour! People in Finland are much more aware of personal boundaries. That is because they hate it themselves when someone does something which invades their personal "space". That's what foreigners often misinterpret as being "cold". You need to have chatted with a Fin at least many times before there's a hug.

On the other hand I am happy pregnant women don't have to hide their bump anymore like in the 70ies or earlier. I found the idea very hypocrititcal anyway, since everybody knew where babies come from! Imagine, around 1900 women were even expected to stay at home completely once their baby bump showed. Ugh! I am so happy to be one of the women who may show off their baby bump proudly if they have one...

aliaslaceygreen
May 2nd, 2013, 09:00 AM
Lovely!!! Congrats and good luck!

aliaslaceygreen
May 2nd, 2013, 09:02 AM

OMG!!!!!

Did she GET it??? That is too funny!!!!

Tanya D
May 3rd, 2013, 03:24 PM

Good thing I wasn't drinking anything when I read this!!! LOL That is an awesome response!

Iris Girl
May 3rd, 2013, 04:00 PM
beautiful and they can wear such comfy clothing now wish it were that way 25 to 30 years ago. not that I would have looked that good , I looked like I was carrying an elephant or a new house.

Lisapc
May 4th, 2013, 01:21 AM
She is as beautiful as her son. I have no doubt the baby will be a stunner as well.

I bloated up with both of my babies and stayed that way for 6 months after. She is a lucky girl!

Sew Perfect
May 4th, 2013, 01:25 AM
Yes, she looks fantastic! Sweet baby boy too! I'm sure you have a baby girl's quilt in mind.