PDA

View Full Version : My poor sweetie!

WendyI
April 30th, 2013, 11:47 PM
DH has to have a colonscopy tomorrow. So, if you have ever had one...you know that today is the day of evacuation and starvation....and of course, never in the HISTORY of mankind has ANYONE suffered as much as a man when it comes to these kinds of things!! :icon_rolleyes:

I am trying to hard to be sympathetic and I do feel bad for him. He has quite a headache and the laxatives he is taking are making him feel nauseated poor guy. I finally made him drink some Gatoraid so I hope that will help bring his electrolytes back up. He has to drink 250 mls every hour until 4 am....what a ridiculous thing to have to do...he's going to be exhausted tomorrow. However, when I had to have the same procedure I wasn't permitted to eat for three solid days! He's only had to fast as of 10 p.m. last night. LOL! I laugh, but I feel SO helpless when someone feels poorly and I can't help them.

ConnieNana
April 30th, 2013, 11:54 PM
Be glad he is having the procedure. My son, Michael, who is 41, had one and a cancerous polyp was discovered. He has now had the surgery to remove part of his intestine where it joins the colon. He is doing fine but has to have the colonoscopy once a year for the next five years. Glad they have the tests to find any problems. Good luck to your sweetie. Will pray for a good outcome.

Musical_Starling
May 1st, 2013, 12:44 AM
I've never had one, and I am NOT looking forward to the time when I will have to! lol Starving myself and drinking yucky preparation gunk? Doesn't sound fun to me, sounds more like a ridiculous diet, and I'm allergic to diets :icon_giggle: Best of luck to your hubby!

auntiemern
May 1st, 2013, 01:05 AM
I completely feel for him. The prep is absolutely miserable. They need to come up with a better way to do it for dang sure. I have discovered that all docs are different though. I had to drink almost a gallon of that gawd awful stuff, and SIL just had to do a bottle citrate of magnesia in a qt of gatorade. They do have pills to take also, but won't give to anyone over 50. I shoulda lied about my age.

WendyI
May 1st, 2013, 10:50 AM
I completely feel for him. The prep is absolutely miserable. They need to come up with a better way to do it for dang sure. I have discovered that all docs are different though. I had to drink almost a gallon of that gawd awful stuff, and SIL just had to do a bottle citrate of magnesia in a qt of gatorade. They do have pills to take also, but won't give to anyone over 50. I shoulda lied about my age.

LOL! I'm SOOOO with you! DH had to drink two wee glasses of yucky stuff and when I had it done it was like a three gallon jug! it was HORRIFYING! Honestly that was the worst part...well, that and the constant trips to the loo!! NOT fun! He is feeling a bit better this morning and very much looking forward to a triple cheeseburger when he's done. LOL! YUK!!

SallyO'Sews
May 1st, 2013, 10:59 AM
As a colorectal cancer survivor, I've had to have several of these lovely procedures. Happily, at my last one 18 months ago, everything looked great. As my father-in-law would have said, hope everything comes out all right! :icon_giggle: