PDA

View Full Version : I can't win

Hulamoon
April 30th, 2013, 10:30 PM
Against wild animals. First it was the toads this morning, Now it's the chickens. I put a bag of trash to take it out later at the top of the stairs. You know when you clean out the fridge. Wed is trash day. I layed down for a short nap and they dragged it down the stairs. So I had all these chickens, chicks and roosters tearing the bag apart at the bottom of the stairs. Geesh.

calicokat
April 30th, 2013, 10:38 PM
Ah yes, my chickens are a little aggressive too! I have to close the van door between trips to the house unloading groceries because Ruby will jump into the van and start picking through the remaining groceries looking for goodies to pilfer!

I love the crazy little things though! They are a delight (most days!)

WendyI
April 30th, 2013, 11:42 PM
LOL!! What the heck are your chickens doin in your house?!? BAD chickens!!!

shannonsaulter
April 30th, 2013, 11:53 PM
Omg my bassetts would love it

mom4him
May 1st, 2013, 12:06 AM
Against wild animals. First it was the toads this morning, Now it's the chickens. I put a bag of trash to take it out later at the top of the stairs. You know when you clean out the fridge. Wed is trash day. I layed down for a short nap and they dragged it down the stairs. So I had all these chickens, chicks and roosters tearing the bag apart at the bottom of the stairs. Geesh.
UGH! What a mess that had to be. The next time you need to just go ahead and give it to them. Chickens love fridge cleanings. I am sorry. Hope it is all cleaned up and over with.

Musical_Starling
May 1st, 2013, 12:42 AM
You could open a petting zoo with all of the wildlife you have on your property lol We don't have chickens that pick apart garbage, but the darn gulls and the crows take care of that instead! And the town asks that people cover their garbage with nets but I think they forgot that birds have beaks not big bear snouts! lol

auntiemern
May 1st, 2013, 01:09 AM
I don't know how you do it with all those wild animals practically living in your yard. Rabbits, squirrel, birds, and chipmunks here. With the occasional deer. The squirrels did destroy are garden last year because of the drought though. Didn't get a single tomato out of 36 plants.

K. McEuen
May 1st, 2013, 01:29 AM
Man, the only thing we've ever had out here is the roadrunner that was going to come in when hubby let the dogs in. He was freaked out because this bird was about 3 feet behind the dogs and hopped right up on the step and was going to come right in until he gott he door slammed in his face. Of course I was laughing because hubby is terrified of birds.

Hulamoon
May 1st, 2013, 01:30 AM
lol it was a really weird day. Cleaned it up then threw some old rice way out in the yard to get them away from the house. Funny about the petting zoo. I was thinking about getting a goat for the grass. A guy sells them around the corner. Someone else has sheep.
Okay that's too much. lol Then a few miles away someone has a llama. How do you get a llama to Hawaii?

Musical_Starling
May 1st, 2013, 01:38 AM
lol it was a really weird day. Cleaned it up then threw some old rice way out in the yard to get them away from the house. Funny about the petting zoo. I was thinking about getting a goat for the grass. A guy sells them around the corner. Someone else has sheep.
Okay that's too much. lol Then a few miles away someone has a llama. How do you get a llama to Hawaii?

The same way someone started an alpaca farm here in Newfoundland I reckon lol My uncle has a pygmy goat named Mario, not sure if he's really helping him out with the grass though because there's more rocks than grass down his way :icon_giggle:

Hulamoon
May 1st, 2013, 01:52 AM
The same way someone started an alpaca farm here in Newfoundland I reckon lol My uncle has a pygmy goat named Mario, not sure if he's really helping him out with the grass though because there's more rocks than grass down his way :icon_giggle:

Ahh it might be an alpaca. I looked up pictures and the size looks more like it. We had a neighbor around the corner and he used to let us come in with the two girls to his farm. Really sweet man. He had pygmy goats and miniature horses. and something else miniature but it was awhile back to remember. lol fun day's

Musical_Starling
May 1st, 2013, 02:01 AM
Ahh it might be an alpaca. I looked up pictures and the size looks more like it. We had a neighbor around the corner and he used to let us come in with the two girls to his farm. Really sweet man. He had pygmy goats and miniature horses. and something else miniature but it was awhile back to remember. lol fun day's

How awesome! They opened up the alpaca farm here a few years back so people could go in and see them and they knit a bunch of things from their wool and sell them in the craft shop. It's pretty cool actually, and yet so very strange to see something like an alpaca in Newfoundland lol