PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated!

Lonna
April 30th, 2013, 05:21 PM
I just need to vent for a few minutes I sure hope you all donít mind. Saturday I was in the ER at North Oaks which is a private hospital (the closes) with my heart beating rapidly and chest pains. I was told that I have SVT. Heart rate was 228 when I got there, they had to give me a shot which stopped my heart and restarted it. When I was sent home I was told to follow up with a visit to a Cardio Dr. They sent my paperwork to a private Dr who I cannot afford to see as I have no insurance. Asked them to forward my paperwork to our local Charity hospital to see the Cardio Dr there. Called the Charity hospital to see about an appointment they have not received the referral paper. I have called North Oaks they had the Drís office I cannot afford call me to set up an appointment asked them once again to please forward the paper work to the Charity hospital. This was yesterday today I call Charity no they have not received paperwork. Call Drís office now yesterday they acted like they knew what they were suppose to be doing. Today they have no idea what I am talking about. Charity hospital will not set up an appointment with a Cardio Dr without a referral. Canít even get an appointment with a General Dr at Charity hospital until the middle of July. What part of these instructions that I was sent home with by the ER to see a Cardio Dr within 3 dayís do these people not understand. I have been put on medication which I have filled and started taking which I will run out of in 30 days. The info on it states do not stop taking without a Drís as you have to be winged off it. And people want to know why I do not go and see a Dr. This is causing me more stress then having my heart beating at 228. Sorry about all of this I just needed to get this off my chest.
:icon_angry:

Bubby
April 30th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Lonna, This is a serious situation for you. I think you should see if the cardio doctor's office will fax your paperwork to the charity hospital and then send the original order to the hospital by mail. This is ridiculous making you wait like this!!! I find that one of the biggest shortfalls in getting good medical care is poor communication. I hope this works out for you, Hon...please don't wait to make a few more calls. Hugs, Barb

HandsOffItsMine
April 30th, 2013, 05:34 PM
(((Lonna))), I truly understand where you are coming from! I too have no insurance, I've been going to a sliding scale medical care clinic for my prescription and basic care.

You have to be sooo stressed out about this situation, the front office and doctor's nurses really are pitiful. Surely the ER Hospital has a copy of your file. I would contact them and ask them to forward it to the Charity hospital. Their ER doctor is the one who wrote the prescription for your meds, if nothing else, go back to the ER. No ER can turn you down. Tell them your heart is raising due to the running around you're getting and hold both of your hands on your chest!!!

I mean it! Huggers, Ruby

Doloris
April 30th, 2013, 05:35 PM
would your paper work from the hosp they gave you work as a referral. It says you need to see a cardio dr within 3 days, doesn't say what dr. You might try going to the private drs office and ask for your paperwork yourself.

Sandy Navas
April 30th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Having worked in the medical field for years (I have a degree as a Hospital Administrator) - I am appalled at the lack of training and lack of care/empathy/understanding/ability/decency of so many non professional employees. If it takes any effort on their part and requires them to 'think' (Heaven forbid anyone has to do that any more) they can't be bothered, therefore 'It can't be done.'

I hope and pray you can get this resolved soon. Hugs!!

Lonna
April 30th, 2013, 06:19 PM
I am going by the Dr's office who has my reports in the morning and pick them up. I will then come to my office and fax them myself. I don't know what is so fringging hard about pushing a phone number on a fax machine and sending them. When I spoke with the Lady at the Lallie Kemp our Charity hospital she said if I can get them into her this week they should be able to at least get me a refill on the medic in time. If not then it will be mid July before anyone can see me as they are getting booked up that quickly. Which does not suprise me as this wonderful state and government has cut the funding for the charity hospitals in this state. They have closed up the Mental Hospital and have cut the staff and service in half at Lallie Kemp. I just really do not know what the working poor are suppost to do any more.

Sorry stepping off my soap box now. Thank you all for letting me vent a little bit. I do thank each and everyone of you.

Lonna
April 30th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Now I have been told I can not pick them up from the Dr's office I have to go and pick them up at the hospital. I am getting so sick and tired of all this. About ready to say to h*** with all this and stop the pills before I get to much in my system and go along my merry way until the next attack and run up another hospital bill I can not afford to pay.

HandsOffItsMine
April 30th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Now I have been told I can not pick them up from the Dr's office I have to go and pick them up at the hospital. I am getting so sick and tired of all this. About ready to say to h*** with all this and stop the pills before I get to much in my system and go along my merry way until the next attack and run up another hospital bill I can not afford to pay.

Please don't do that Lonna, you sound like Don when he got frustrated with Loma Linda VA. This is your Heart we're talking about and you ONLY HAVE ONE! Go to the hospital and get your records/fax them yourself to the charity hospital. That way you know it's done right.

We had to move to Hawaii to get Don into the VA system, we fought Calif for 2.5 years! Our United Healthcare Cobra payment was $1800/month for both of us, I was only able to pay it 'cause my business was doing well. Then the Recession it, we dipped into the savings, 401K while we fought VA. Lost it all. In Hawaii, it took me two months at Trippler VA to get Don into the system. He received better care than what we were paying $600 while employed then $1800 unemployed for!

Last year while moving Kat and the family, Don checked with Georgia VA to make sure that he would be covered if we moved, as he still needs his meds. He would still be covered with our current financial situations (no longer middle class lol), just register upon arriving. He did that after we came - he's set.

You need to make sure you get your (_|_) to that Charity Hospital and have them do a full EKG and whatever else they need to do. That way you can probably also use their ER or Cath Lab if there are any other problems versus going back to the other hospital and racking up more bills.

Prayers being said by all of us in the family for you!

Huggers, Ruby and the Schmer/Steger Clan

auntiemern
April 30th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Do whatever you have to do to get the care you need. The hospital, by law has to treat you in an emergency whether you can pay or not. And as my mom always said 'you can't get blood from a turnip. Send the paperwork yourself. Like Ruby said, you only have one heart, and you need to take care of it.

ilive2craft2
April 30th, 2013, 08:33 PM
So frustrating! You will have less stress if you do it yourself and aren't left to the mercy of someone else. Please make sure to follow up on this - your health is important. Hugs and prayers, Lisa

pcbatiks
April 30th, 2013, 10:11 PM
Hi Lonna.........so sorry to hear you are having this problem with your heart and the extra stress of dealing with this situation. I agree with Ruby.........fax the paperwork yourself. Can you call them 1st and tell them it is on the way and then fax it.........get the names of everyone you talk to and write it down. Do you think it would help to also bring the paperwork to them in person and get them to schedule the appointment while you are standing there? You will be in my prayers and thoughts.

WendyI
April 30th, 2013, 11:56 PM
I'm so sorry you are going through this...I can't even comprehend that! Sure makes me appreciate our healthcare here. A lot of waiting but that kind of incompetence is not tolerated for very long. Hope you can get taken care of soon!! (((HUGS)))

Mchelem
May 1st, 2013, 12:35 AM
Get a copy of your records and a copy of the referral. The hospital has to give them to you. Then you can take the referaal to whatever Dr you choose.

SandyWhite
May 1st, 2013, 12:40 AM
What terrible uncaring people. I do hope you continue to push to get this resolved.

Musical_Starling
May 1st, 2013, 12:48 AM
Oh Lonna, I hope you can get it all cleared up soon! I do get sick of our "hurry up and wait" system up here, but at least there's no private vs. public nonsense.

SallyO'Sews
May 1st, 2013, 10:54 AM
Lonna, I am praying for your health and for the removal of the hindrances to your getting the help you need. Please be good to yourself, and come here any time to vent, if it helps! Blessings, ~ Sally \0/