PDA

View Full Version : And here is our new king and his queen!

Klasien
April 30th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Today was a wonderful day!!!
The sun was out all day, and the whole day was filled with lots of beautiful and emotional moments when we watcht the whole ceremony on tv, this afternoon we had a nice glass of wine down town with my parents, it was a great day!!!!!

And here is a picture of our new king Willem Alexander and our new queen Maxima, their 3 daughters and ofcourse princess Beatrix his mother and our former queen!!
Their oldest daugher is of today crownprincess, she will be our queen in many years from now.

Hope you like it........

Bubby
April 30th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Klasien, What a beautiful Royal Family! The daughters all look so much alike. Thanks for the picture!!

Jean Sewing Machine
April 30th, 2013, 05:50 PM
How special that is! Beautiful family of royalty!

auntiemern
April 30th, 2013, 07:38 PM
What a great day for you. Your new royal family looks wonderful.

Amber
April 30th, 2013, 07:39 PM
What a beautiful family. I know you are proud.

buckeyequilter
April 30th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Thanks for sharing. That is a great picture of the royal family...they are beautiful.

K. McEuen
April 30th, 2013, 07:49 PM
The smallest girl, the one on the right ... she has an evil little twinkle in her eyes. I bet she is a handful. I wonder what it's like growing up knowing that one day you'll be in charge of a country.

New York Sue
April 30th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Beautiful family!
Can you imagine, though, growing up knowing that someday it will be your reponsibility to rule the country?!

HdWench
April 30th, 2013, 08:56 PM
What a great day for you Klasien and your country. All very royal and nice looking family. hehehe I noticed that too Karen - that twinkle in the youngest girls eye, she's a handful I bet but how pretty they are.

Congratulations to your new King

debbie

toggpine
April 30th, 2013, 10:03 PM
What a lovely family! This is very happy news indeed. I think the world could use more happy!

Ginny B
April 30th, 2013, 10:24 PM
Beautiful picture Klasien. Congratulations on your new King and Queen. Sounds like you had a beautiful day.

Karen, I noticed that little one right away too. LOL

Ginny B

janluna
April 30th, 2013, 10:57 PM
Congratulations Klasien! They look like a great family! I wish England's Queen would give her Son a chance. 60 years is long enough. Poor Prince Charles will be too old to be King if Queen Elizabeth won't leave. Maybe she doesn't trust him. And I know the country doesn't want Camilla for queen. Oh well.
Queen Beatrice has a nice family, and I hope she enjoys her retirement.

Musical_Starling
April 30th, 2013, 11:10 PM
What a beautiful family! They had a clip on our local news station about it, I was VERY surprised! They barely report on happenings within our little province, let alone something from another country lol But the video clips they aired were beautiful, made me wish I was there :)

Carolyn23
April 30th, 2013, 11:19 PM
What a beautiful family!

kensington
April 30th, 2013, 11:31 PM
So happy for you! Congrats! What a lovely family. Ya gotta love Royals!

WendyI
April 30th, 2013, 11:40 PM
I find this so very fascinating! Monarchies have ruled the world for years...and to me, it seems like such an ancient tradition. And yet here you are posting a picture of a current royal family that seems incredibly loved. It's amazing to me. I love learning and reading about royalty. Thanks for sharing!! and Congratulations!

ConnieNana
April 30th, 2013, 11:57 PM
What a wonderful family and a glorious day for your country. They all look so happy.

shannonsaulter
April 30th, 2013, 11:59 PM
My daughter read an article today about your new king and said Mom your quilt friend lives there...yep I talk about you all a lot and with the packages coming and going..
That's a good looking royal family glad it was a great day!!!

mom4him
May 1st, 2013, 12:12 AM
I love history and to be a part of such grand history in the making is wonderful.

phoots
May 1st, 2013, 02:12 AM
I heard about this on the news today! I'm very excited for you and the rest of the people in your country! Your royal family is beautiful! I have a friend who was born somewhere in that region whose first name is Willem. He now goes by Wim.

Pam in Vegas

bakermom
May 1st, 2013, 03:20 AM
I've been watching this on the news. what an amazing time for your country! a lovely family all around.

lilmouse
May 1st, 2013, 04:36 AM
What a beautiful family....and that is definitely a twinkle in the eye!

Iris Girl
May 1st, 2013, 06:35 AM
A beautiful Royal Family thank you for sharing

MayinJerset
May 1st, 2013, 09:19 AM
What a great day in the history of our country. Long Live the New King!

Ellimay
May 1st, 2013, 09:24 AM
Hello Klasien:
I watched quite a bit yesterday and some from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, as they also were in celebration for the new King.
Wonderful looking family. All Hail the King.