PDA

View Full Version : Diaper cloth batting

yeeehawterri
April 30th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Finally got around to making a small quilt with the diaper cloth for batting. Perfect, I think, for small children, crib size, drag alongs and very light weight. Not sure I'd make anything large with it, the fabric is stretchy and I wouldn't want to have to piece the batting as the width is only 36" (I don't think it comes any wider). I'd post a pic, but am getting errors today.

Mchelem
May 1st, 2013, 03:26 AM
By diaper cloth, do you mean PUL...???

yeeehawterri
May 1st, 2013, 09:25 AM
Don't know what PUL is, but its just Birdseye diaper cloth. Perfect summer weight. I played with it a bit more last night and made a couple of kitchen rags, might seam up okay to make a larger backing.

Cat n bull
May 1st, 2013, 09:43 AM
I am VERY interested in this! Where did you get it? Did you pre wash it to shrink it?

PUL is polyurethane laminate, it is the waterproof outer layer in cloth diapers.

Sandy Navas
May 1st, 2013, 11:12 AM
NOT PUL.

JoAnns carries diaper cloth - I find it back in their 'utility' fabric section. I would think that it should be prewashed, but haven't used it myself.

yeeehawterri
May 1st, 2013, 12:28 PM
I got mine for 3.98/yd from fabric.com. i think i saw it on joann website for 5.99/yd, but that could have been another brand. Its a nice soft cloth, guess it would have to be for those baby bottoms. yes, you'll need to wash to shrink, it does shrink. There will be no loft to it, just like flannel, but perfect for summer weight.