PDA

View Full Version : Where are you and do you want a quilting buddy?

Judy~Ann
April 30th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Hi everyone...

I was just reading a post from Lilmouse and SewMuch..... and I thought, "how great to really meet people you've only known online so far."

So here are my questions:

1. Where do you live?

2. Would you be interested in meeting M* forum people for lunch or just to visit and share quilting experiences.

Please leave a response and let's see who wants to come say hello.

I live in Central California, near Modesto. Anyone close by?

CrazyMtnLady
April 30th, 2013, 03:46 PM
I live near Ava, Missouri and hope to take a trip up to northern Missouri soon to meet Sandy Navas. It would be nice to meet others too.

kelliedi
April 30th, 2013, 04:00 PM
I live in central missouri and yes i'm planning on meeting some folks from here.

Tanya D
April 30th, 2013, 04:28 PM
I live in Airdrie, Alberta. GrammaKim (Kim) lives right up the street from me and we've gotten together twice to talk quilts.

kml1764
April 30th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Anyone in the Bradenton/Sarasota area of Florida? Would love to have a local quilt pal!

Kris

Judy~Ann
April 30th, 2013, 05:35 PM
Yayyyy..... love the responses...

Bubby
April 30th, 2013, 05:40 PM
I live in south central Missouri, 35 miles south of Rolla on Highway 63. There's a great little fabric shop here and a darling tea room for lunch!!

Jean Sewing Machine
April 30th, 2013, 05:41 PM
I live in south central Missouri, 35 miles south of Rolla on Highway 63. There's a great little fabric shop here and a darling tea room for lunch!!
And we NEED TO MEET FOR LUNCH! Hopefully soon!

K. McEuen
April 30th, 2013, 05:52 PM
I'm in Albuquerque. About the only person I'm sort of close to is Bubby's daughter!

Sandy Navas
April 30th, 2013, 06:00 PM
I am close enough to many of the Missouri peeps that I could easily meet up with many of them, given some planning and . . . time. One of the members here lives within a mile of me and we do go to our local quilt guild together. There is a | - - - MILE - - - | of distance between us age wise but we have a whole lot in common and I think (read KNOW) she is truly S P E C I A L . . .

Lonna
April 30th, 2013, 06:25 PM
I am just north of New Orleans across Lake Ponchatrain. Would love to someday meet some quilting sisters.

Eileen83flowers
April 30th, 2013, 06:36 PM
What a lovely idea to meet up with others who have the same interests in common.
I live in Lincolnshire in England and would love to know if there is anyone nearby who would like to meet for lunch/coffee and swapping knowledge

WVGranny
April 30th, 2013, 07:23 PM
And who would even guess that I would meet someone on the forum that lives about 30 miles from me , we have met and become good friends with a lot in common.

Amber
April 30th, 2013, 07:30 PM
I live in Northwest Florida. Would love to meet a fellow quilter.

Suesquilts
April 30th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Hi Judy, I live near Sacramento -- close to you -- but have a full time job and wouldn't be able to get away for lunch. I spend most of my weekends with grandkids in the Bay area, but I would suggest getting involved with the Sacramento quilt guild. They are a wonderful group. I joined a couple years ago but had to give it up because I don't have the time to devote to it. It's not that far -- they meet once a month and have all kinds of stuff going on. It's called River City Quilters Guild and you can find them online.

dizzyLiz
April 30th, 2013, 08:08 PM
I live in Upstate South Carolina ( near Anderson) and would love to meet fellow quilters. Anyone near by??

gloria
April 30th, 2013, 08:25 PM
I live in Flint, Michigan. I planning on meeting Klasien (from the Netherlands) when she visits Michigan this summer. Anyone else interested?

auntiemern
April 30th, 2013, 08:31 PM
I live near St. Louis, and not that far from Bubby. Yes jean, we need to make a trip to Licking. Looking forward to meeting several forum friends in Oct, at the fall get together. Am dying to meet up with Sandy. That will be in the near future too :)

Sew Perfect
April 30th, 2013, 08:34 PM
In live in Olathe, KS...which is the Kansas City Metro area. I know that a couple of the ladies live near by, but have yet to meet up with any of them.

Shadowirish
April 30th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Anybody up here in the PNW? I am in Bellingham WA.

SallyO'Sews
April 30th, 2013, 08:52 PM
1. I live just outside Hartford, CT.
2. I would love to meet other M* forum friends! Alas, I work full-time, and my calendar is very full on the weekends as well. Hit me up anyway, fellow nutmeggers! Where there's a will...

HdWench
April 30th, 2013, 09:00 PM
For now I'm in Tucson Arizona and would love to meet and chat over coffee!

Been to Rolla, MO (actually was stationed at Ft. Leonardwood for too long lol)... and often stop in Olathe as we drive across country in our Motor home!

Guess the October meeting is the one I'm the most excited about :-) But anyone in Tucson?? I'm about Grant and I-10

:-Debbie

ilive2craft2
April 30th, 2013, 09:05 PM
I know there are several of us from Illinois on here. I am willing to make a road trip to meet some of my M* friends. :) Lisa

slg0522
April 30th, 2013, 09:21 PM
I live in North Central MO about 30 miles north of columbia mo.

mommadeb
April 30th, 2013, 10:15 PM
Anyone want to come to Iceland?

Mpyles
April 30th, 2013, 10:44 PM

Barb,

I had no idea I was there was a little fabric store there. It's been a while since I have been down to see my MIL. Seems like the kids always had something going on when DH would go. I am planning a trip down while on vacation to spring clean a day for her I will have to check it out. Where is it at?

Mpyles
April 30th, 2013, 10:50 PM
I live in Strafford, MO, just east of Springfield on I44. We have a couple of quilt shops here. Merrily's being my fav. There is a tea room there as well.

Cat n bull
April 30th, 2013, 10:53 PM
I am in Wingate, NC. I would LOVE to meet up with other quilters!

Musical_Starling
April 30th, 2013, 11:08 PM
I think the closest member to me is probably Deb over in Iceland lol We did have another Newfie, but I think we may have scared her off :icon_scared:

ConnieNana
May 1st, 2013, 12:20 AM
I live in the Dallas, TX metroplex. There are a few people that live in the area and we are in contact. Love it.

Meli
May 1st, 2013, 12:27 AM
I'm in Salt Lake City, Utah. Met up with bkthomas a couple of times. Wouldn't mind meeting up with anyone else "in the neighborhood"

Mchelem
May 1st, 2013, 12:32 AM
I'm in Mesquite, which is on the outskirts of Dallas.

ConnieNana and I are close to each other.

SandyWhite
May 1st, 2013, 12:50 AM
I live in Toledo Ohio. Anyone near.

nanaleslie
May 1st, 2013, 12:51 AM
I'm about an hour east of Toronto, Canada. I'm in a rural area so I have to travel a bit to get to LQS. I would love to meet other quilters.:icon_bigsmile:

Granny Judy
May 1st, 2013, 01:34 AM
I'm just East of Peoria,, address is East Peoria, but closer to Washington (a small town east of east). I don't drive because of vision problems.. but could take the bus (or have DD#2 drive me) after 5 in the evening. I know there is a couple members that live within a hour of me.. Wanna Meet UP???

mamapajama
May 1st, 2013, 01:42 AM
Love this thread. Thanks for starting it.

I live in Santa Rosa, CA. Would love to get together with a fellow quilter and talk quilts or even just have a coffee or a sandwich.

Judy~Ann
May 1st, 2013, 02:05 AM
Love this thread. Thanks for starting it.

I live in Santa Rosa, CA. Would love to get together with a fellow quilter and talk quilts or even just have a coffee or a sandwich.

Hi Mamapajama,
Isn't it surprising that thus far we are the only Californians? Hope we get lots more responses

K. McEuen
May 1st, 2013, 02:21 AM
Hi Mamapajama,
Isn't it surprising that thus far we are the only Californians? Hope we get lots more responses

Hi Judy, I live near Sacramento <--- from Suesquilts

brook
May 1st, 2013, 02:24 AM
I'm in Southern Ca, but too far away (approx. 6 hours)

shannonsaulter
May 1st, 2013, 02:39 AM
I'm in San Diego county ca...

Sew Perfect
May 1st, 2013, 05:43 AM
For now I'm in Tucson Arizona and would love to meet and chat over coffee!

Been to Rolla, MO (actually was stationed at Ft. Leonardwood for too long lol)... and often stop in Olathe as we drive across country in our Motor home!

Guess the October meeting is the one I'm the most excited about :-) But anyone in Tucson?? I'm about Grant and I-10

Debbie, you should look several of us up the next you're passing through.

Klasien
May 1st, 2013, 06:29 AM
Well.......you all know where I'm from........you know what most people around here don't even know what a quilt is.....they ask me sometimes if I am still sewing all those little pieces of fabric together and if I still like doing that, but why do I do that?

So yes I would love to have a quilting friend near by, but I think that will remain a dream............ :(

What I could do is post our travelplans and see who lives along the way :) Like I will meet Gloria in Flint coming up august, looking forward to that very much!!!!!

Monique
May 1st, 2013, 07:32 AM
I live near Ottawa, Ontario. I have met Denis at his new shop and I think there are one or two close by as well.

pixiedust0830
May 1st, 2013, 07:56 AM
Hello ya'll!!

I am from Los Angeles, California...I can see the HOLLYWOOD sign from my house (weather permitting)...I do have a car...so I can meet up with a whomever is nearby...I live about 7 minutes from Downtown LA and its TEXTILE DISTRICT...imagine the possibilities...we could meet or have lunch...how fun...:icon_wave:

shermur
May 1st, 2013, 08:50 AM
Hey, ya'll! Would so love to meet up with quilting friends from the forums! I actually live in the Lee's summit area (southeast of Kansas city about 1/2 hour)....contact for me is in my notes on the profile!!!! Fabric shopping, meet for coffee and dessert, just so long as there is sisterhood and sharing the quilting passions!

Quiltlover
May 1st, 2013, 09:04 AM
What a good idea. Only problem is that I don't think anyone is very close to me. I am in Greenville, Alabama, just off I65 below Montgomery. I have noticed a couple of fellow Alabamians and someone from Milton, FL...that is not too far, but seems we are pretty wide spread.
If anyone is passing through or living close enough, give me a holler and we can meet for a cup of coffee and a chat...would love it.
Brenda

GinnyKNC
May 1st, 2013, 09:28 AM
I am in Wingate, NC. I would LOVE to meet up with other quilters!

I'm just North of Charlotte in Huntersville. Maybe we can meet up some weekend :) Anyone else around the Charlotte area?

asta
May 1st, 2013, 09:30 AM
Hello all, this is sweet, nice to see where everyone is from. I would love to meet some fellow forum members, I live in WI, just south of Green Bay. Trying to work out the logistics of attending the Quilt Expo in Madison, WI the first week in Sept. Maybe I can catch a few members there.
Beth

Jo Jo
May 1st, 2013, 09:36 AM
Beth,
I live in Neenah, Wi. How far south of Green Bay are you?
Joann

buckeyequilter
May 1st, 2013, 10:08 AM
I live in Toledo Ohio. Anyone near.

Not quite close enough. I'm near Marion.

buckeyequilter
May 1st, 2013, 10:13 AM
I met up with Deloris from the forum but we are too far apart to be "sewing buddies". I live in Ohio in the Marion, Wyandot, Hardin county area. I live right on the edge of all 3 counties.

asta
May 1st, 2013, 10:41 AM
Beth,
I live in Neenah, Wi. How far south of Green Bay are you?
Joann
JoAnn, I live in Little Chute, my husband works in Neenah. We will have to plan a get together.

Judy~Ann
May 1st, 2013, 03:16 PM
Bumping this up because it's sew much fun. Thank you all for replying ... and let's keep it going please

Netter
May 1st, 2013, 05:09 PM
I live in Flint, Michigan. I planning on meeting Klasien (from the Netherlands) when she visits Michigan this summer. Anyone else interested?

I am in Saginaw, Michigan.

sally
May 1st, 2013, 05:21 PM
What a lovely idea to meet up with others who have the same interests in common.
I live in Lincolnshire in England and would love to know if there is anyone nearby who would like to meet for lunch/coffee and swapping knowledge

My hubby and I will be in England this August. Maybe we can meet for a cuppa tea and a scone. We are travelling all around Ireland, Scotland and England ending our journey near Brighton. PM me if you like. That goes for any other Irish, Scottish and English gals.

Staceyh
May 1st, 2013, 05:34 PM
Hi Mamapajama,

Hey!!!!!!!!! I'm in California toooooooo. I live in Bakersfield, Kern County. Is that close I have no clue.

Tanya D
May 1st, 2013, 05:43 PM
Since I am such a Google Earth junkie, when I have time I'm going to enter some of these cities some of you have mentioned and check out the area. I love seeing other parts of our beautiful planet. I just wish I had the means to see them in person but Google Earth is so clear, it's almost like being there.

Judy~Ann
May 1st, 2013, 08:24 PM
Hey!!!!!!!!! I'm in California toooooooo. I live in Bakersfield, Kern County. Is that close I have no clue.

You're probably about 150 miles from me, Stacey ;)

Judy~Ann
May 1st, 2013, 08:25 PM
Since I am such a Google Earth junkie, when I have time I'm going to enter some of these cities some of you have mentioned and check out the area. I love seeing other parts of our beautiful planet. I just wish I had the means to see them in person but Google Earth is so clear, it's almost like being there.

I love Google Earth too. Have you 'traveled' to Hawaii? It's great

ilive2craft2
May 1st, 2013, 08:32 PM
Granny Judy, I would be happy to come your way. Any LQS that you recommend?

I'm just East of Peoria,, address is East Peoria, but closer to Washington (a small town east of east). I don't drive because of vision problems.. but could take the bus (or have DD#2 drive me) after 5 in the evening. I know there is a couple members that live within a hour of me.. Wanna Meet UP???

shermur
May 1st, 2013, 08:58 PM
What is up with the quilter's in my area? Come on...sound off and be known!

kml1764
May 1st, 2013, 10:14 PM
Anyone want to come to Iceland?

That would be cool! I saw a House Hunters International set in Reykjavik, it enjoyed watching it very much!

Kris

toggpine
May 1st, 2013, 10:29 PM

I'm west of Tacoma, Libby is in Enumclaw, Bubba is in Tacoma, Jingleme is in Vancouver, and Sally is probably closer to you in BC! I'm sorry if I have missed someone else here on the west side of the Cascades. I'd be happy to meet with any of you. Sometimes my travels take me far and wide, so I'll be sure to check before I go.

mom4him
May 2nd, 2013, 12:19 AM
I think I am the only one from western South Dakota. Great place to live though.
If any of you decide to come to the Black Hills of SD for vacation let me know by a pm. I would love to meet up.

CountryHut
May 2nd, 2013, 12:45 AM
NE Florida here -- just outside of Jacksonville . .

Jen7
May 2nd, 2013, 01:38 AM
I am in Las Vegas, anyone here???

KathieB
May 2nd, 2013, 01:51 AM
I live in Southern Maine, not too far from the New Hampshire border. I met Cindi and her husband, Jonas, at a quilt show last month and enjoyed viewing the show with them and sharing lunch. Fannie lives just one town away and we talk about getting together but so far we haven't made a date. I love having quilting buddies and making road trips to the many LQS in our area.

happygram
May 2nd, 2013, 03:05 AM
Hello Everyone!
I live in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area and would love to be /find a buddy!

ukmaryanne
May 2nd, 2013, 03:38 AM
Well, I live in Hampshire, in the UK, in the middle of fields, so it seems unlikely I would find someone close enough to meet up for a chat and a cuppa :) BUT, if you are a Downton Abbey fan, the house they use is not too far away from me. So If you cross the pond and a visit to Highclere Castle is on your list, that might work LOL! You laugh, but I've already had one person do just that (a friend of my sisters from NC) so it's not a unlikely as it sounds.

Just for a laugh, as Google earth was mentioned......

Shame the shot is old - I don't think we actually still own any of the cars in the drive, and today all the fields are lush and green and dewy, rather than brown dirt :)

I have to link this image as well - a quilt I saw that I thought was just fab, based on a Google Earth image:

Isn't that outstanding?

Renate
May 2nd, 2013, 04:21 AM
What a wonderful tread. I like to read where all are you from and who ist next to whom. Unfortunately I never met any other quilter from Switzerland here at this forum, but maybe here is somebody from the very south/west of Germany?

Based in: Winterthur (next to Zurich), Switzerland

I would be happy, if you would pass by for a coffee/tea/lunch/dinner/barbecue ...

mamapajama
May 2nd, 2013, 04:25 AM
Hi Mamapajama,

Wow! Look how all the Californians wrote in after your comment. Glad to see y'all from the left coast. Wish y'all were a little closer. Would love to sit and share.

mamapajama
May 2nd, 2013, 04:28 AM

Too far South for me. I'm about 1 to 1 1/2 hours (depending on traffic) North of San Francisco.

MillieS
May 2nd, 2013, 07:50 AM
I live in Wisconsin. I'm about 10 miles SW of "The Dells."

MRoy
May 2nd, 2013, 08:18 AM
I'm out in the country in south-central Kentucky.

Iris Girl
May 2nd, 2013, 08:39 AM
southern NY here tri state area

Tippysmom
May 2nd, 2013, 08:39 AM
Anyone in the Charleston SC area??? Would love to meet up with someone.

Renate

twnkeyes
May 2nd, 2013, 09:18 AM
My location is Stephenville, TX. If anyone is in the area I'd love to meet you! There's a lovely quilt shop here and several others close by (40 miles). We live in the country so 40 miles is "close by". LOL

buckeyequilter
May 2nd, 2013, 09:37 AM
I just checked out google earth :) and found my house:

CrazyMtnLady
May 2nd, 2013, 09:48 AM
This is great. for some reason I can't get our Google Earth to work. We need to have our computer looked at. Java won't work either. We have tried deleting and reinstalling and it still does nothing.

sally
May 2nd, 2013, 01:06 PM

I am in Vernon BC...not too far and we do head up your way antiquing.

WendyI
May 2nd, 2013, 03:32 PM
I'm an hour west of Toronto! An hour and a half from Niagara Falls.

Jo Jo
May 2nd, 2013, 05:58 PM
Beth,
That sounds great....I would enjoy that.
J

radquilter
May 2nd, 2013, 11:14 PM
I am in Southern California, a bit south of San Diego in Chula Vista. My favorite LQS's are Rosie's Calico Cupboard and Cozy Quilt shop. I'd love to meet another quilting buddy from my part of the world.
I'd like to work on a mystery quilt together. So drop me a line.

Pam in KY
May 3rd, 2013, 01:53 AM
Hi Myrna - So far you are the closest to me. I'm 50 miles north of Lexington in Pendleton Co. - also out in the country. Not that it's going to do us a whole lotta good as I can't see to drive anymore. lol

I'm out in the country in south-central Kentucky.

dwil23
May 3rd, 2013, 02:01 AM

I Love playing with google maps, it is unbelievable how much you can see.

I am in Tampa, I know there is at least one other quilter on here - Katie - turns out she and my daughter know each other!

Sew Perfect
May 3rd, 2013, 02:06 AM
Hey, ya'll! Would so love to meet up with quilting friends from the forums! I actually live in the Lee's summit area (southeast of Kansas city about 1/2 hour)....contact for me is in my notes on the profile!!!! Fabric shopping, meet for coffee and dessert, just so long as there is sisterhood and sharing the quilting passions!

Okay, Sherri...how far are you from Quilter's Station? You lucky gal you! DH and I will make it a day when we drive over to Lees Summit from Olathe because I can spend hours in that shop. He usually brings a book to read...you know, the corner with the table and chairs. He just lets me play all I want with all of the fabrics and books. When we are finished, we usually will go to Cracker Barrel for an early dinner. Then back home we go so I can play with my new fabric.

MayinJerset
May 3rd, 2013, 02:16 AM

Too bad my granddaughter Christine just moved from Bakersfield or we could have met when we visited her.

I live in Monmouth County New Jersey, Parkway exit 117. Anyone from Jersey would know where that is. Would love to meet any members who live near by or are passing through. Over the years I have met members of other quilting message boards and have become good friends with a few, in fact about 12 of us meet annualy at the Lancaster PA show. Also met my best quilting pal online, turned out she lives a few miles from me. Who knows how many new quilting friendships will blossom from this posting. May in Jersey

MayinJerset
May 3rd, 2013, 02:19 AM
I am in Southern California, a bit south of San Diego in Chula Vista. My favorite LQS's are Rosie's Calico Cupboard and Cozy Quilt shop. I'd love to meet another quilting buddy from my part of the world.

Oh Rosie's is the best. Met 2 online quilt pals there a few years ago. May in Jersey

mimi9411
May 3rd, 2013, 08:27 AM
I live in southern Illinois, 6 miles north of Marion ,Il. I have met with JimsQueenie(Vicki) and her husband Jim. They stopped and visited with me a couple days before they went to the Paducah Quilt show. Had a nice time they are lovely people. Would love meeting more quilting buddies.

shermur
May 3rd, 2013, 08:31 AM
Okay, Sherri...how far are you from Quilter's Station? You lucky gal you! DH and I will make it a day when we drive over to Lees Summit from Olathe because I can spend hours in that shop. He usually brings a book to read...you know, the corner with the table and chairs. He just lets me play all I want with all of the fabrics and books. When we are finished, we usually will go to Cracker Barrel for an early dinner. Then back home we go so I can play with my new fabric.

Distance to the Quilters station? About 10 minutes, if that! Let me know the next time you're headed this way and I'll see if there's a great chance to meet you there!

cahanes
May 3rd, 2013, 08:33 AM
Hi Everyone - - I live in Oklahoma and would love to meet any Forum peeps that live in or passing through the area. I live just on the edge of Tulsa in the suburb of Broken Arrow. We have few nice quilt shops in the area too. Let me know if you want to meet up.

Bailey65
May 3rd, 2013, 08:38 AM
I live in Southern Maine. I have met Cyndiofthevortex, Meemeecyn, Quiltermartha and the middle of this month I will be having lunch with Kathieb. Kathieb lives the next town over from me maybe 15 minutes away. The other forum members that I have had the pleasure to meet are all from New Hampshire (I am on the border). Sweet, sweet women with hearts of gold!!! I am so glad I joined this forum :D

Bailey65
May 3rd, 2013, 08:43 AM
[QUOTE=Musical_Starling;308291]I think the closest member to me is probably Deb over in Iceland lol We did have another Newfie, but I think we may have scared her off :icon_scared:[/QUOTE

Dee,

If you ever come to Southern Maine I would love to meet you! I hope that my husband and I someday make it to New Foundland :)]

Rosie59
May 3rd, 2013, 09:23 AM
I am thousands of miles away in central Scotland!

Quiltlover
May 3rd, 2013, 09:52 AM
I have just been reading some of the latest posts and it seems that Alabama and Mississippi have fewer members on here than other states. Wonder why that is..Also, after the Montgomery, AL quilt store closed a month ago (one hour away from me) the closest quilt store now is at least 2 hours away from me. BooHoo
I don't need any fabric really and can always order online but I really enjoyed stopping by and visiting with them and checking out the new fabs. Also, they had great classes that were reasonable and fun to do.

Roxanne
May 3rd, 2013, 10:18 AM
Just read every post here and not one person from my area. I am in western Maryland, close to northern W. Va. and southwestern Pa.

SandyWhite
May 3rd, 2013, 10:22 AM
:icon_wave: Shirley, what a great idea. Love Google earth.

sewelegant
May 3rd, 2013, 01:27 PM
MRoy, I'm east of Louisville, KY. But where are you in south central KY? My dad is outside of Somerset.

shannonsaulter
May 3rd, 2013, 02:23 PM

Those are the two shops I go to..

Sew Perfect
May 3rd, 2013, 02:29 PM
Distance to the Quilters station? About 10 minutes, if that! Let me know the next time you're headed this way and I'll see if there's a great chance to meet you there!

I sure will! Wow, only 10 minutes...nice. I at least have Quilter's Haven and Prairie Points Quilt Shops over here. Quilter's Station has over 10,000 bolts!

mamaquilt
May 3rd, 2013, 03:10 PM
well the Grand Duchy is in between Belgium, France and Germany. So that makes me halfway in between The Netherlands, (Lenie and Klasien) and Switzerland, Winterthur (Renate).

But I'll be quilting and sewing nevertheless.

Have a great quilting week

Tanya D
May 3rd, 2013, 03:21 PM
This is great to see how a few members are realizing they are closer than they thought to quilty friend...how awesome. I hope you can find a way to get together, those that are close enough.

Sew Perfect
May 3rd, 2013, 03:21 PM
well the Grand Duchy is in between Belgium, France and Germany. So that makes me halfway in between The Netherlands, (Lenie and Klasien) and Switzerland, Winterthur (Renate).

But I'll be quilting and sewing nevertheless.

Have a great quilting week

But you all have such a wondrrful train system over there. You all should meet in the middle somewhefe for a 3 - 4 day quilting retreat once a year.

SallyO'Sews
May 3rd, 2013, 04:39 PM
I live in southern Illinois, 6 miles north of Marion ,Il. I have met with JimsQueenie(Vicki) and her husband Jim. They stopped and visited with me a couple days before they went to the Paducah Quilt show. Had a nice time they are lovely people. Would love meeting more quilting buddies.

Hey, Mimi! My DIL is from West Frankfort! She and DS went out there a couple of weeks ago, and she brought home one of her (great-?) grandmother's quilts. Unfortunately, it's been loved so much that it's got several places where it's either torn or the fabric has worn right through. I'm going to try to help her fix it, if that's possible.

bhaggerty
May 3rd, 2013, 05:14 PM
Not quite close enough. I'm near Marion.

I currently live in The Woodlands, TX, but grew up in Upper Sandusky, OH.
We visit home 1-2 times per year, so we will need to get together some time!

Lorelei
May 3rd, 2013, 05:57 PM
Hi, Rosie59, I am in Scotland too. At least we are in the same country! I am in Skelmorlie, N Ayrshire. I am still quite a novice quilter. I don't think there are many Brits on this site. I just wish we could partake of the Daily Deal like our American friends!

MartinaG
May 3rd, 2013, 10:36 PM
Hi Judy, I live near Sacramento -- close to you -- but have a full time job and wouldn't be able to get away for lunch. I spend most of my weekends with grandkids in the Bay area, but I would suggest getting involved with the Sacramento quilt guild. They are a wonderful group. I joined a couple years ago but had to give it up because I don't have the time to devote to it. It's not that far -- they meet once a month and have all kinds of stuff going on. It's called River City Quilters Guild and you can find them online.

I live just outside Sacramento and am a member of the River City guild.

@mamapajama,

maybe we could meet up. DH and I could easily take a trip to your neck of the woods. We are getting ready to go to Germany for a family visit but when we get back, a day in Santa Rosa should be doable. Do you go to the Petaluma quilt show? I'm not sure if it is every year or biannually.

baslp
May 3rd, 2013, 10:37 PM
Anyone near the Philadelphia area?

tdwoverton
May 3rd, 2013, 11:10 PM
I'm in San Tan Valley, Arizona. It's a little south of Mesa. I don't know very many people here and would love to meet up for lunch!

WendyI
May 3rd, 2013, 11:55 PM
Too bad my granddaughter Christine just moved from Bakersfield or we could have met when we visited her.

I live in Monmouth County New Jersey, Parkway exit 117. Anyone from Jersey would know where that is. Would love to meet any members who live near by or are passing through. Over the years I have met members of other quilting message boards and have become good friends with a few, in fact about 12 of us meet annualy at the Lancaster PA show. Also met my best quilting pal online, turned out she lives a few miles from me. Who knows how many new quilting friendships will blossom from this posting. May in Jersey

Hey May in Jersey!!...David Goldman lives on Monmouth! I was very involved in helping him online to get his son back when he was abducted to Brazil by his mother. I even travelled down to Washington for a rally they had and spoke to the crowd right there in front of the White House! LOL! So many wonderful people I met in Jersey!

Lisapc
May 4th, 2013, 12:10 AM
I am in Northern, MA. I have plans to meet with Meemeecyn fairly soon. I will hopefully meet the rest of our New England members before long. I am usually up for anything!

Ginny B
May 4th, 2013, 12:45 AM
I am on Long Island, NY. I know of at least one other Long Islander here on the forum; there may be others.

Ginny B

Mimi2boys
May 4th, 2013, 01:16 AM
I am in Sacramento, CA. Mather to be exact. I attend Golden Valley Quilt Guild.

turena65
May 4th, 2013, 02:04 AM

I'm south of you about 5 hours... on the central Oregon Coast...Tillamook to be exact....

Shadowirish
May 4th, 2013, 02:20 AM
I'm south of you about 5 hours... on the central Oregon Coast...Tillamook to be exact....

Will wave at you...we are headed for Lincoln City next week! Anniversary get away.

Mpyles
May 4th, 2013, 03:15 AM

I have heard of this shop...someday I plan to visit it!

JLynn
May 4th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Hello Everyone!
I live in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area and would love to be /find a buddy!

Happygram I live just outside of the Glendale area and I know momgramm lives in Glendale maybe we can get together somtime

KarenJean1956
May 4th, 2013, 11:01 AM
I live just south of Columbus, Ohio in Circleville! I'd love to have a quilting buddy!! If anyone is going to the quilt show in June at the Convention Center, please let me know and I can meet up with you. I work downtown.

MayinJerset
May 4th, 2013, 11:36 AM
[QUOTE=WendyI;310116]Hey May in Jersey!!...David Goldman lives on Monmouth! I was very involved in helping him online to get his son back when he was abducted to Brazil by his mother. I even travelled down to Washington for a rally they had and spoke to the crowd right there in front of the White House! LOL! So many wonderful people I met in Jersey![/Q

Small world! Do you know how David and his son are making out?

JudyNewToQuilting
May 4th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Oh wow....I'm a few days late seeing this but I am just north of Lexington. This is such an interesting post:) It's very nice to hear where everyone is from.

Judy

MartinaG
May 4th, 2013, 01:05 PM
I am in Sacramento, CA. Mather to be exact. I attend Golden Valley Quilt Guild.

Waving from Elverta. When and where does your guild meet?

HdWench
May 4th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Only about 1 1/2 hours away! How Cool another Arizonan - I'm in Tucson but maybe we could meet in Casa Grande? Or Marina? Let me know even for an hour of Quilt talk!

Karen - Albuquerque is only 3 left turns and 7 hours away ;-) yeah been back and forth just a few times

Fabriclovr
May 4th, 2013, 02:13 PM
I'm in San Tan Valley, Arizona. It's a little south of Mesa. I don't know very many people here and would love to meet up for lunch!

How funny! I am in San Tan Valley at Poston Butte H/S for a field trip today. I am sitting at the Starbucks, wish I had seen this post yesterday!

I live in the City of Maricopa, about an hour away.

Fabriclovr
May 4th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Happygram I live just outside of the Glendale area and I know momgramm lives in Glendale maybe we can get together somtime

I used to live in Glendale and Peoria. I now live in the City of Maricopa, just south of Phoenix about an hour and a half away, or as my son says, pack a lunch and a sleeping bag away! LOL

HdWench
May 4th, 2013, 02:23 PM
I used to live in Glendale and Peoria. I now live in the City of Maricopa, just south of Phoenix about an hour and a half away, or as my son says, pack a lunch and a sleeping bag away! LOL

I'd be happy for a StarBucks meeting over coffee and tons of Quilt Chat!!! Will drive up if you all make plans :-)
Tucson north west side.

Marmar
May 4th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Anyone near Syracuse NY ?? Next Saturday 5/11 Mission Rose Quiltery in N Syr is having Patricia Knoechel (E. Burns' sister) at their shop. Anyone interested in going there with me? Have also heard about a quilt show in July 14-26 at Onondaga Comm College, maybe we could meet up there.

Marlene
Central Square NY

K. McEuen
May 4th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Karen - Albuquerque is only 3 left turns and 7 hours away ;-) yeah been back and forth just a few times

Ha, I don't do Arizona. My Monster-in-law lives in Apache Junction so I avoid the state completely.

turena65
May 5th, 2013, 01:27 AM
Will wave at you...we are headed for Lincoln City next week! Anniversary get away.

Yayyy! Love Lincoln City...it's got the closest JoAnn's in our area. I go there all the time for supplies. If you have the time either coming ot going, you should stop at the cute little quilt shop we have on main street at the end of town heading towards L.C. called Jane's Fabric Patch... the building is pink and the ladies there are so fun.. they know me pretty well. I love it there! Btw... Happy Anniversary!

Cellomom
May 5th, 2013, 02:29 AM
Hi Staceyh,
But you're not too south for me! I live in Bakersfield too! What a small world. PM me if you'd like to get together. I know some other local quilters who get together when schedules permit. We like to visit quilt shops, help each other with fabric selections and quilting problems. Best of all, we all scream for ice cream!

Cellomom

Pam in KY
May 5th, 2013, 02:38 AM
Hi Judy! I'm new to quilting too (still working on my 1st). I live halfway between Lexington & Cincinnati near the Pendleton/Harrison County lines.

Oh wow....I'm a few days late seeing this but I am just north of Lexington. This is such an interesting post:) It's very nice to hear where everyone is from.

Judy

pixiedust0830
May 5th, 2013, 03:07 AM

Hello,

i live in Southern California too...In Los Angeles to be exact...I would love to swap piecesdoing a mystery quilt..I have never done one but I researched it a bit and it looks like fun..drop me a line and let me know.. :)

still learning
May 5th, 2013, 07:32 AM
I'm in Lycoming County, PA. Doesn't look like anybody is close by.

shermur
May 5th, 2013, 07:51 AM
I sure will! Wow, only 10 minutes...nice. I at least have Quilter's Haven and Prairie Points Quilt Shops over here. Quilter's Station has over 10,000 bolts!

I was at the Quilter's Station yesterday; I had to control myself. Although, there were two items I was looking for and they had
neither one. I was looking for the hanger for my rulers and solid color jelly rolls.....so I settled for my favorite thread and a block instruction book.
You have two quilt shops available? Nice! I don't get over into Kansas much, unless our family is attending softball tournaments at Blue Valley complex or Olathe softball park; I also have a son that lives in Olathe, but he works all of time and I rarely get to see him.

Shadowirish
May 5th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Yayyy! Love Lincoln City...it's got the closest JoAnn's in our area. I go there all the time for supplies. If you have the time either coming ot going, you should stop at the cute little quilt shop we have on main street at the end of town heading towards L.C. called Jane's Fabric Patch... the building is pink and the ladies there are so fun.. they know me pretty well. I love it there! Btw... Happy Anniversary!

Jane's Fabric Patch...I'll remeber that, thanks! Isn't there a quilt museum in Tillamook? And is the fabric shop just north of the bridge in Newport still there.....a girlfriend got some eqyptiam themed fabric there years ago, she never did anything with it and I ended up with it....I still haven't figured out how to use it either! But I love it! We usually take a day to do Newport and one for Tillamook; I love the Blue Heron. And ice cream, can't forget the ice cream!.....we leave here Tues AM....getting excited!

Amber
May 5th, 2013, 06:06 PM
If you ever find yourself in Pensacola, they have a great fabric/quilt store. It is A&E Pharmacy. Tons of great fabric.

sewbizzy
May 5th, 2013, 06:24 PM
I live in the eastern suburbs of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania---Plum Borough...
we have a few quilt shops about a half an hour away from us...
My favorite quilt shops are in the Amish country of Ohio---near Berlin and Charm, Ohio...we visit several times a year...except we have not gone yet this year since I had my hip replacement in February, but we are planning on going sometime this summer or fall...

Grama Debbie
May 5th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Love the quilt shops in Charm! I am from NE Ohio and only get to go once a year, but always so look forward to it.

Doloris
May 5th, 2013, 08:21 PM
grama debbie, are you anywhere near Canton?

2AsMommy
May 9th, 2013, 12:56 PM
Hello, I am Stacey. I live in Cypress, Ca. (southern Cal, near Disneyland) I would love to have a quilt buddy....

I just realized, this sounds like an AA meeting..LOL

Tapestry
May 9th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Hi, there. I'm in Reno, NV ... anyone from near here?

Pam

buckeyequilter
May 9th, 2013, 03:30 PM
I currently live in The Woodlands, TX, but grew up in Upper Sandusky, OH.
We visit home 1-2 times per year, so we will need to get together some time!

PM me when you're headed this way :)

Kgrammiecaz
May 9th, 2013, 03:54 PM
I am in Orlando - land of vacationers. Unless I missed the post, I did not see anyone near here. I did see Sarasota - I have a daughter there. I did see Jacksonville. I have a daughter in Pasadena - but I am not there very much.

Hope to see some Orlando folks join. This is a great idea. It was good to read through where folks are from.

Rosie59
May 9th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Yay Lorelie, someone close(ish). I too am a novice quilter - only started last year when I got a new sewing machine and saw Jenny's tutorials after clicking on a Pintrest link one of my friends put on facebook. Now I am hooked. Visiting Jenny's shop is on my bucket list :icon_wave:

turena65
May 10th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Jane's Fabric Patch...I'll remeber that, thanks! Isn't there a quilt museum in Tillamook? And is the fabric shop just north of the bridge in Newport still there.....a girlfriend got some eqyptiam themed fabric there years ago, she never did anything with it and I ended up with it....I still haven't figured out how to use it either! But I love it! We usually take a day to do Newport and one for Tillamook; I love the Blue Heron. And ice cream, can't forget the ice cream!.....we leave here Tues AM....getting excited!

I'm sorry I'm just now seeing this shadowirish... Yes, there is a lovely quilting museum here, I don't know about the fabric shop in Newport, I don't go there very often, just L.C... btw... my hubby is a food scientist and he develops all of the Tillamook Ice Cream Flavors as well as the new cheese and yogurt flavors.... too bad I missed you, he could have given you a VIP tour! Have a fun vacation! Turena

mcwade
May 10th, 2013, 09:21 PM
Hi Shannon - I'm in San Diego County too. I live in Vista.

Lilly
May 11th, 2013, 10:01 PM
Wow - am I the only one from Minnesota? I'm from Eagan. Anyone want a day trip to the Mall of America? Or how about meeting at the Mn Quilter's show in Duluth on Friday, June 14? There's gotta be someone else from Mn???

KathieB
May 11th, 2013, 10:26 PM
Anyone near the Philadelphia area?

I'm thinking I'll be in the Philly area in October for my Mother's 90th birthday. I was raised in northern NJ but, a brother and sister moved to the Trenton area years ago. Mom was just relocated to Chandler Hall in Newtown, Pa. Perhaps we could get together then.

Lil bits of thread
May 13th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Hi Shannon!
I'm from Temecula, just north of San Diego county. I would love to work on a mystery quilt with you. I shop at pieced with love quilt shop in murrieta, cozy quilt shop, and fat quarter quilt shop.

BarbaraN
May 17th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Hi everyone...

I was just reading a post from Lilmouse and SewMuch..... and I thought, "how great to really meet people you've only known online so far."

So here are my questions:

1. Where do you live?

2. Would you be interested in meeting M* forum people for lunch or just to visit and share quilting experiences.

Please leave a response and let's see who wants to come say hello.

I live in Central California, near Modesto. Anyone close by?

Hi Judy Ann,

I live in Davis, but moving to Stockton. I would love to meet sometime! I get so much more one when I have a buddy!
PM me sometime and we'll arrange something! How exciting!
Barbara

HdWench
May 18th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Wow - am I the only one from Minnesota? I'm from Eagan. Anyone want a day trip to the Mall of America? Or how about meeting at the Mn Quilter's show in Duluth on Friday, June 14? There's gotta be someone else from Mn???

My husband and I'll be there part of August and all of September! We used to camp in Prior Lake just south of Eagan (duh of course you know that haha).. This year we'll try the KOA in Jordon instead.

I know several folks on PatternReview.com forum from Minnesota - some do quilting but more are involved in clothing sewing.

Anyway, let's keep in touch and the end of August we'll be settled in Jordon and I'm up for a coffee and/or Quilt shopping meet.

Carol336
May 18th, 2013, 08:30 AM
I'm in MD....near Annapolis.

Just read every post here and not one person from my area. I am in western Maryland, close to northern W. Va. and southwestern Pa.

lauratreky@comcast.net
May 19th, 2013, 01:00 AM
Im in Portland Oregon. Lots of fabric choices up here-I have to be very careful!!

Lilly
May 19th, 2013, 04:00 PM
My husband and I'll be there part of August and all of September! We used to camp in Prior Lake just south of Eagan (duh of course you know that haha).. This year we'll try the KOA in Jordon instead.

I know several folks on PatternReview.com forum from Minnesota - some do quilting but more are involved in clothing sewing.

Anyway, let's keep in touch and the end of August we'll be settled in Jordon and I'm up for a coffee and/or Quilt shopping meet.

Sounds great - let me know when you get settled in in August.

Fabriclovr
May 27th, 2013, 05:07 PM
So far, including myself, there are 5 that live in Arizona. Hppygram / Scottsdale, tdwoverton / San Tan Valley, Jlyn / Glendale, HdWench / Tucson and me Fabriclovr / City of Maricopa. So is there anyone else in Arizona? Ladies, what do you think about a get together in the near future?

kathyd61
May 27th, 2013, 11:48 PM
Hi everyone. I live in Illinois, across the river and north of St. Louis, MO
Anyone close?

csarina
May 28th, 2013, 05:33 AM
Hi everyone. I used to live just south of Edinburgh, but we moved recently to be closer to our family after eldest DD had a cancer scare. We are now in Leicestershire about 3 miles from Melton Mowbray, home of the pork pie. I know there are quilters locally, but doubt if any of them frequent MSQC although I do my best to spread the word.

If there is anyone local PM me I would love to meet someone else who shares my passion.

patchiereggie
May 28th, 2013, 06:14 AM
I would LOVE to meet y'all! But I live in Northern Germany, Hamburg to be exact, so if anyone is in the area, speak up! ;)

Staceyh
May 28th, 2013, 10:35 PM

That would have been cool. I hope some one is close. It would be fun to meet someone on here.

jennyann
May 29th, 2013, 12:54 AM
Anyone out there in Idaho? I live in Boise, but have family in Utah so I travel there several times a year for anyone in Utah.

icul8rg8r
May 29th, 2013, 02:56 AM
Hi! I'm near Seattle/Tacoma area - fairly new quilter/sewer and am all alone on my quilting journey (well, except for my 9-year-old daughter!). My friends think quilting is for little old ladies and have no desire. I'm 50-ish, but far from old - just loving my new hobby and would love to meet others in this area who enjoy quilting, too.

icul8rg8r
May 29th, 2013, 03:01 AM

Hi Shadowirish! I'm south of you in Bonney Lake, WA (Puyallup/Sumner/Orting area south of Seattle & east of Tacoma)!

icul8rg8r
May 29th, 2013, 03:03 AM
I'm west of Tacoma, Libby is in Enumclaw, Bubba is in Tacoma, Jingleme is in Vancouver, and Sally is probably closer to you in BC! I'm sorry if I have missed someone else here on the west side of the Cascades. I'd be happy to meet with any of you. Sometimes my travels take me far and wide, so I'll be sure to check before I go.

And Cindy (me) is in Bonney Lake, WA (near Puyallup/Sumner/Orting - south of Seattle & east of Tacoma). Would love to meet up with any of us Pacific Northwesterners!

Jsttizn
May 29th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Not sure if this thread is dead or not, but I'm in San Diego - Rancho Bernardo would love to arrange something with anyone in the area.

tdwoverton
June 2nd, 2013, 12:23 AM
I live in San Tan Valley, AZ. It's south of Queen Creek. I would love yo meet IRL.

mdenzine
June 2nd, 2013, 01:17 AM
Fabricclovr I am also in Tucson and would love to meet up with you all

MayinJerset
June 2nd, 2013, 09:49 AM
Been keeping a look see here since the thread began but haven't seen anyone else from New Jersey. Would love to meet another Jersey girl quilter. May in Jersey

HdWench
June 2nd, 2013, 11:41 AM
Fabricclovr I am also in Tucson and would love to meet up with you all

Me too!! Tucson until June 16th - then back in October after it get under 100 hahaha

Not a snowbird, we live here just can't stand it's already 105!!! Let me know if you all meet somewhere for coffee or shopping! :-) both I love

:-Debbie (near I-10/Grant)

snippet
June 16th, 2013, 03:39 AM
wow, not too many from Texas have spoken up yet. I'm in San Antonio. Would love to chat and meet any forum members.