PDA

View Full Version : Hello Friends - I am back - sort of - It's Tuesday, I think

Blondie
April 30th, 2013, 07:49 AM

Hello Quilty Friends

Do you remember me? It has been a long, long week, which has felt more like a month. Mom's surgery went through very well but as Sis and I knew, nothing is ever easy for the poor gal. She aspirated bacteria in her lungs and developed pneumonia. It has been a long rough week. We were hopeful that she would be released and home by yesterday. The doc's were hopeful as well. That has not happened yet but she is looking much better. Her white blood cell count has been high, but is coming back down. Hoping that the Dr will say today is the day she will come home? Mom is such a trooper. I have sat with her and done some hand quilting on COC's. When I am home, I try to catch some sleep and do some housework; isn't it funny how I never notice just what really needs cleaning until I do not really have time or energy to do it?

For those of you who have sent prayers up, thank you, it is working and keep them coming on.

I am hoping to get her house all ready for when she comes home. I need to order a hospital bed and get some oxygen delivered.

For all the lovely pm's and emails which I need to respond to, thank you. Even Honey Camp dropped around for a visit. She got to meet my Mom under not the best of circumstances - and trust me, seeing me at not my bestest. LOL. I am thankful for good medical care and medicine. Hospital food stinks and she is not on any dietary restrictions, so Sis and I have been bringing her some homemade goodness. Of course, we are sharing some cookies with the nurses. Mom has a real thing for chicken and so she is getting some good homemade fried chicken. She lost 6 pounds this week and that is not a good thing, so, we shall keep stuffing her like a little piggy.

Beloved friends, I will be back in rare form before you know it. You shall all tire of my smiles all over again, but, just in case you have forgotten - I have NOT forgotten how to smile and get a good giggle out of each day. My prayers continue for those here and their loved ones who are needing an extra hug and smile. Steffi, keep on keeping on. Marilyn, hoping you are getting back to yourself. Sandy - ah, my Sandy. Here's a stick to chase those grands with.

Blessings to all. Smile because it is almost May. Smile because yesterday was my little Sis's birthday and she is catching up to me but I shall always be the big sissy. Heckfire shoot, just SMILE because I count it as exercise for my face.

Will be back when I can. When Mom is released to come home, I will be more available.

Love y'all

Bubby
April 30th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Good hearing from you this morning, Blondie! I'm glad Mom is doing better and will be home soon. My prayers for you continue.

HUGS, Barb

MRoy
April 30th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Welcome back Blondie! Prayers continuing for your mom and for you. I'm glad to hear she is better. Take care!

Granny Judy
April 30th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Prayers continuing from here, also.. Take care of YOURSELF so you can take care of MoM.. Hugs.

Winniesfriend
April 30th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Good morning, well my evening to you, nice to have you around again, continued hugs and prayers for you and your family, I so hope you mother is out of hospital soon.

Lisapc
April 30th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Blondie: Welcome back and I am thrilled your Mom is doing better. Monique, Bubby and a couple other took good care of us while you have been gone. I love good news!

Today is my GD, Lil' Miss Kora Mae's 5th birthday. My son has a 1/2 day of school so I am picking him up early and we are headed down to see the birthday girl and my DD and 2 month old Lillyana. A day of celebration because they are not going back to NY. I am so grateful and can't wait to get my hands on that baby. Kora loves red so I got her a big red pot, her own bag of dirt and some little blue flower seeds and green bean seeds to plant in the pot. She loves to grow things and it is a little something for her real birthday.

My busy days will be continuing until next Monday and I miss the forum. I will be back when I can.

Prayers to all and I hope everyone has a great day!

bec
April 30th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Glad to hear your mom is improving. Take care of business and be sure to take care of yourself. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

buckeyequilter
April 30th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Good morning.....

Blondie...glad to hear that your mom is doing better. Prayers continuing for your mom, you and your sister. Take care :)

Well today is a busy day at work so better get to it.

Have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs.

Ginny B
April 30th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Welcome back Blondie! So glad to hear your mom is doing better. I hope she gets to come home today. I bet she was very happy that you and your sis brought her some good food. Thanks for popping in and letting us know how you all are doing. Good luck with getting the arrangements made for mom's homecoming.

See you soon.

Ginny B

Evilynn
April 30th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Hey Blondie!!

Good to see you again! I hope that your mum will be home soon. I will send some positive thoughts :) I hope you're not too stressed out and find some, even if small, islands of peace for yourself.

Many hugs,

Steffie

CountryHut
April 30th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Good morning all :)

*holding up my \_/>*~ . . . Thoughts Prayers and Teddy Bear (((HUGzzz)))*~ to all in need

"Make It" a good day

Iris Girl
April 30th, 2013, 08:27 AM
welcome back Blondie!! Glad to hear Mom is doing better, More prayers for you both coming your way along with (((((HUGS))))) for all.
Take care of yourself also and smile

Cathy F
April 30th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Welcome back Blondie!I have been out of the loop for a few days so I'm sorry to hear about your mom. Hope she'll be back home very soon and feeling right as rain again.

Lonna
April 30th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Good Morning Blondie and all my quilty friends. Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers wishing you all a wonderful day. Need to get ready for work this morning but will try to get on later.

Wwena
April 30th, 2013, 08:44 AM
So good to hear from you. I hope your mum gets well enough to go home soon!

shermur
April 30th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Good to hear from you, Blondie! high hopes that your Mom is on the mend and continued prayer to you and yours! Keep the faith, babes!

Mpyles
April 30th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Good morning all!

Blondie, so good to hear from you! Glad to know your mom is doing better!nshe is a luckily mom to have two daughters so devoted! I am sure you are both a reflection of her.

Lisa...enjoy your trip and grand kids! Time goes so quickly and that baby won't be one for long!!

Me....off to work, 18 new menu items to go teach today, as well as 2 other GM's from other locations milling around myrestaurant...trying to figure out what I do to run good food costs...I can tell them...I hold my help accountable...that is all. But let's let them waste a day...corporate guru in town ...to make sure we are doing it right....ya right....I would say.....never mind...not the forum...lol

Ok...everyone have a great Tuesday!! Off to conquer day 4 in the count down to vacation!!

slave2myjob
April 30th, 2013, 08:58 AM
I am so glad to hear that your mom is getting better and stronger. I hope you are both able to get some rest once she comes home and relax.

ilive2craft2
April 30th, 2013, 09:08 AM
So glad to hear mom is improving! Been there, done that with the one step forward and two steps back. Keeping you all in my prayers. Keep feeding her the good stuff and she will start gaining the weight back. Take care of yourself too, so that you can continue to take such good care of your mom.

Lisapc, such great news that they are moving back! Hold that little one for me!

I better get ready for work....that thing I do to pay for my addiction of quilting (as well as food, mortgage payment, etc, etc) :)

Sew Perfect
April 30th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Good moorning Blondie. I'm happy to hear you mother is nearly ready to go home. Bless you and your family.

GinnyKNC
April 30th, 2013, 09:52 AM
It's so nice to hear from you :) I'm glad your mom is starting to feel better. Please take care of yourself while you take care of her. You have been missed. Hugs and prayers

Sandy Navas
April 30th, 2013, 09:59 AM
See, those prayers do work. Still saying them.

About that stick, Blondie - you wouldn't believe but we have a total of six plus Mom down sick today - horrible coughs. She's thinking pertussis - sure hope not. I'd venture to say it is more pollen allergies since they all have been exploring everything outdoors now that the sun is shining . . .

To everyone here I send all kinds of good thoughts, prayers where needed, and another private prayer for myself that life will slow down a bit and let me get some much needed rest and gain the feeling of accomplishing something totally productive and useful.

Lisa - tell your little Kora Mae HAPPY BIRTHDAY and hug the whole family.

Off to work and wondering why I ever agreed to this job. May will probably be my last month though. I have things to do at home!!!!

CrazyMtnLady
April 30th, 2013, 10:00 AM
So glad to see you back with us. You have been missed. It is wonderful news to know your mom is getting stronger and should be home soon.
I will keep her and your family in my prayers.

And we never get tired of your "smiles".

Divine Daisy
April 30th, 2013, 10:03 AM
good to see that smiling face!

EsGrandma
April 30th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Thanks for your update - still holding you and your family up in prayer.

aliaslaceygreen
April 30th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Aw, Blondie! So good to see your smiling face around.... you do what you NEED to do (not the housework parts!!!)...we will be here, waiting, and pulling for your mom....
(((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))

MayinJerset
April 30th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Good News this morning, our Blondie's back and her Mom is doing Good.

shannonsaulter
April 30th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Ty for the update..continued prayers!

Jean Sewing Machine
April 30th, 2013, 11:04 AM
We're thinking of you and praying for mom's recovery and return home.

WendyI
April 30th, 2013, 11:22 AM
So glad to see an update and that you and your sister are taking such good care of your mom. Hoping she gets to come home today!

As usual, I'm at work...bored to tears yesterday and now I'm run off my feet! Have a wonderful day all!! xoxo

rebeccas-sewing
April 30th, 2013, 12:04 PM
So glad she's on the mend, Blondie. I hope you can manage to take some time for yourself. You'll be no good for helping out with Mom if you get sick. Hope she'll be home from the hospital soon. Your mom is definitely a super trooper.

bakermom
April 30th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Glad to see you back! Hope your mom continues to improve and comes home soon.
It's so stressful to deal with this kind of stuff, i know. my mom is 90 and has given us some scares in the last few years.

alliek
April 30th, 2013, 12:15 PM
I take care of my mom also. At 97 it ties you down and limits your freedom, BUT isn't it wonderful to have your MOM around. I surely do not mind at all as i know you don't either Blondie. Your mom is in my prayers for healing and comfort as you are. Get your rest. Very important. God's Blessings to you all.

Madeforyouinma11
April 30th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Welcome back Blondie! We could never get tired of your smile...it's what keeps most of us going. Glad to hear mom is doing better. Still sending prayers for her and also for you and your sis. Hope she can come home today.

Today is cleaning day. Still trying to catch up from the shower on Saturday. I also need to get in touch with a friend that wants me to make 8 pillows from her dads shirts for her and her siblings and my (ex) mother-in-law needs me to hem some of her blouses for her. I will be keeping busy in the next few weeks. Hoping to finish the "read with me" book quilt soon. I'll post pics when I do.

Everyone have a great day...do what makes you happy! :) Prayers and hugs to all who need them.

auntiemern
April 30th, 2013, 01:28 PM
GF, you have no idea how badly you are missed when you aren't here. You ARE the sunshine that starts our days. So very happy to hear mom is on the road to recovery. I know how that goes. Keep feeding her all that good home cooking and she will put the weight back on. So sweet that Honey came to visit. Take care of yourself too. Prayers will continue for all of you. ((((Blondie)))) ((((Ruth)))) ((((sis)))).

Tanya D
April 30th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Nice to "see" you Blondie and I'm happy to hear your mom is recovering. I hope she is back home before you know it.

Happy Birthday to Kora...enjoy your trip Lisa!

SallyO'Sews
April 30th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Glad to have you back!

(((Blondie)))

And, for the record, we will NEVER be tired of your smiles!

Blessings, ~ Sally \0/

K. McEuen
April 30th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Hopefully they send your mom home soon. I think you heal better in your own house than the hospital. I know everyone else is more comfortable.

lilmouse
April 30th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Thank you for the update Blondie; and I can imagine just how tired you and Sis must be...no fun when family is in the hospital...been there and done that! You are missed very much although the other gals tried to fill your shoes while you were gone...hope Mom can come home today and you will be busy trying to put the weight back on her again. Keeping all of you in prayer and hugs and in my heart.....
(((((((((((((((((((((((((Hugs for all)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

cindyinohio
April 30th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Prayers and happy thoughts to you!!

HdWench
April 30th, 2013, 09:18 PM
oh Blondie *ditto* what Marilyn said -- your smiles ARE the sunshine in here and you are missed.

Very happy to hear the surgery went well, wish they didn't have so many germs in the hospital and hope she does get to go home soon!!! Continued prayers and forget the dang house work!! It will still be dusty and waiting the next time you are too tired ((((Blondie)))

And Sandy (((((BIG Hug))))) don't think I was kidding when I said you sound like you REALLY could use a short break from the apes at the house hehehe Allergies ohh spring allergies I bet so -- Well I still have a spare bedroom and my offer is open until the beginning of June :-)

Finally have some good news to share - After all the testing, I am very thankful to not have lung cancer! I am going to ask medicare if I can get a second opinion on some blood testing done cuz it makes no sense, but I am slowly regaining some energy and a little bit more time awake Yahooo So I'll be on the boards more to haunt ya'll and see what everyone is up to

Stay safe everyone, prayers to those in need and we all need them!

:-Debbie

HandsOffItsMine
April 30th, 2013, 09:42 PM
(((Blondie, Mom, and the family on the Hill)

Glad that Mom will be coming home soon. Know it hard on her to not be in her own home. Prayers and love from all of here. I sure you're spreading your love and laughter all through the hospital. :)

Huggers, prayers, healing light and smiles from The Schmers and Stegers!

Sharyn J
April 30th, 2013, 09:58 PM
Glad to see you back Blondie and that mom is doing better. Please take care of yourself too. These times are very trying on everyone. Continued prayers sent to you and your family.