PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday April 30th and the last day of the month. OYE!!

Monique
April 30th, 2013, 07:14 AM
What can I say today? I do so hope that Blondie and Ruth are okay. I know that Blondie is very missed here.

Hubby is home from his vacation. He did have a wonderful trip. I slept really well the whole time he was away and last night I had a terrible sleep. What is with that?

It is cloud covered here today. The temperature is surely climbing every day. There may be showers today. As long as the snow is over I can handle the rain.

I have been trying to play catch-up with you all. You are all so busy little beavers.

Have a wonderful day friends because you deserve it. SMILE while you are at it.

Jean Sewing Machine
April 30th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Hi, yes, I echo your thoughts about Blondie and Ruth, we miss our Blondie so, but Monique you and Trish have helped us get out days started. Prayers for Ruth to recover and get back home so they can all relax a bit.

I must say, last night's sleep was not very restful. I made some videos yesterday of how to make the serger quilt that I learned how to make at the Paducah Quilt Show. I edited them and then downloaded them to YouTube. For some reason, it took over 3 hours to upload each of them to YouTube. So I would upload, then fall asleep for a while, wake up to check on the upload progress, and finally, I just got up for good! Got them both uploaded, hopefully with correct links. I do enjoy making the videos, but the uploading process is really L-O-O-O-O-O-N-G! Know I'll be sleepy today, but I have things to do today, so sleep may have to be put off til tonight!

Yesterday, a friend and fellow costumer asked me if she could revisit our theatre group's costume storage area for a few more items she thought we might have for her production which is starting Friday. She and I had just gone over there on Saturday night, so I had my keys to the place then. I looked and looked for the keys so we could get in, and couldn't find them. I remember them being in my jeans pocket, so I looked in the washer and the dryer thinking the jeans may have gotten washed with the keys still in the pocket. No keys. So I had to travel many miles to my other colleague who has keys to borrow hers so we could get in. When I got home, I remembered that my washer (front loader) has a big rubber flange that catches stuff, like coins, buttons, etc. Looked in there, and sure enough, there was the set of keys! Thank heavens they didn't get flushed down the drain, or get caught inside the mechanism of the washer, don't think that would have done the washer much good! And now the keys are good and clean!

Everyone, have a great blessed day! Awesome weather here in St. Louis for today, but icky stuff is coming our way from the west, spring may not be here to stay after all!

Bubby
April 30th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Good Morning,

I have a busy day planned. I have errands to run and our grass at home to mow. Later I will be off to mow our old house in town...it's looking like it needs some TLC outdoors. One of our mowers is broke and we haven't been able to locate the part we need to repair it so we are taking turns with theold mower. I think I see a new mower in our near future.

Jean, thanks for the videos on the serger quilts! I want to take time to watch all of them later today.

Yes, Blondie is definitely missed when she is away...I miss her encouraging words every morning. Monique and Trish, you've done a great job filling in!!

I need to get Jeff out the door to work....have a great day everyone.

Hugs, Barb

shermur
April 30th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Wow, April went really fast, huh? Since we are now in the hectic schedule of comp softball season...quilting passion will suffer! Although, I do have an idea for the next one and will need to buy additional fabric (it kind of blew my mind all supplies wqas not in the fabric hoard...lol)! In fact, when I told my husband last night that I didn't quite have all the material I needed for my next project, he stated" And it begins..."....ha ha! The comp team helped host a special needs softball game last night called Exceptionals. Such a worthy cause and you tear up when you see the encouragement and the fun these austic/handicapped kids have! Very endearing to the soul!

GinnyKNC
April 30th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Good Morning Everyone. Time sure seems to fly doesn't it. I actually got some quilting done last night finally. Half completed and half to go. Then to bind, label, wash and send on it's way. Then to start on the backlog.
Job hunting isn't going well and I'm getting nervous. What was I thinking when I decided to be a working wife and mother? My salary pays the mortgage and and bills so it's not like I can just not work now. I think it's time to consider down sizing the house though and making life a little less stressful :)
Blondie and Ruth are in my prayers along with anyone else who needs them. Blessings to all and happy quilting.

Lisapc
April 30th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Monique: I can't sleep if hubby isn't in the bed. I can sleep on the couch for hours by myself though. I am glad he had a good trip. I got great news yesterday so I slept horribly like a lot of us apparetnly. I will sleep tonight, I hope. Have a wonderful day to all!

Sandy Navas
April 30th, 2013, 09:42 AM
http://stillisstillmoving.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/bw14.gif (http://stillisstillmoving.com/willienelson/willie-nelson-arrested-in-texas-for-6-ounces-of-cannabis-god-who-produces-it-naturally-across-the-globe-still-at-large-john-fugelsang/)
http://img2-3.timeinc.net/people/i/2013/news/130211/queen-beatrix-300.jpg (http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20395222_20668771,00.html)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Granny Judy
April 30th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Pot and Abdication, Sandy?? Are you trying to tell us something?? Free Willie, Free Willie, Free Willie!!!!
Can anyone retire from being a Queen??

CrazyMtnLady
April 30th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Good Morning everyone. Slept like a log last night and just woke up a few minutes ago. Long enough to feed the cats and put the coffee pot on. Beautiful sunny morning, the bedroom window is open and the birds are singing. It is a great morning.

DH called me last night and he is having a good time at his rendezvous. They were busy getting the camp set up. I am glad he is relaxing and having a good time.

Another day of cleaning for me. I love having this time by myself to get the house cleaned and in order. It is suppose to rain possibly beginning tomorrow night for a few days so maybe those days will be my indoor days and I can get back to my lonely sewing machine.

Have a great day everyone... Hugs and prayers to all.

buckeyequilter
April 30th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Happy Birthday to Willie & the Queen :)

Ginny B
April 30th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Hello everyone. It is a beautiful day here on Long Island and I am enjoying not having to be at work today. DH and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary on Friday so we went away to our favorite B & B in CT for a long weekend. Left on Saturday (after our grandson Max' 3rd birthday party) and got back yesterday afternoon. We had a wonderfully relaxing time - and some good shopping at antiques stores too. I picked up a table that reminded me of one my aunt used to have (flat on the back and sort of scalloped the front with a shelf on the bottom) and a mantal clock like my grandparents used to have. I have been wanting one for ever so long (since I was only 10 when my grandmother died, I didn't know I would want it when I grew up so I don't know where it went). I am so excited. And I also went and spoke to a woman who runs a craft vendor business (where you lease space and sell your crafts). I am going to give it a try starting in June. She was so nice. We got to pick out the spot I would like, got my vendor # and now all I have to do is build up some more inventory to get going. I have always wanted to try something like this and when I had the opportunity before, I didn't have the time or the money to do it. DH is very supportive and has been encouraging me to try this since we wandered around this shop the last time we were up in the area. So I thought, what am I waiting for? Not planning on making millions from this but I just want to be able to say I tried something I have wanted to do for a long time. If it doesn't work out, I will be ok with that. I took a small space so I don't feel too overwhelmed about having to do so much to keep it filled. If I think a larger space would be worth it, then I'll go for that. I am just happy with the little spot I have now. :)

Other than that, my life has been sort of stressful (I guess whose isn't nowadays). :{ #1 son still hasn't found work and on top of that, he and his gf broke up a few weeks ago. He already is dealing with depression so that certainly didn't help. He has been accepted into an FDA study for depression and he is happy about that because he feels that what he has been on is not helping much anymore. And since he doesn't have medical coverage right now, at least his meds will be covered and they will do bloodwork, etc. for the next few months to be sure he is doing ok. I am not so sure how I feel about it but it is his decision and it seemed to make him feel like he was able to take control of part of his life so I will support him. He promised me that he will withdraw if he feels it is doing him more harm than good. He did text me yesterday and said he has 2 job interviews set up and that he would fill me in about them. Work is extremely stressful to the point where some mornings I really am very stressed about going in. You just don't know what's going to happen. There is talk about downsizing and possible layoffs and I am at the point of hoping that I do get laid off so that I don't have to deal with the stress and stay home and sew, get my house in order, get the garden going do more sewing. :) Of course, then I tell myself that there are so many people out there that don't have a job (like my ds) that I should just be grateful that I have one. I argue with myself a lot. DH has been putting up with a very tense wife lately between work and worrying about my son so I am very happy that we were able to get away and spend some time with each other and just relax. And I actually did relax. DS said he was feeling pretty good even with coming off the current depression meds (he needs to be off them for 2 weeks before they will start the new ones). It was good weather so he and his dog spent a lot of time taking long walks in the park (partly because they were doing construction right outside their house and it was freaking the dog out).

I am so glad to see that Blondie posted today. Marilyn, I hope you are feeling better. Some meds can really mess us up can't they? Even though I haven't been posting too much, I do check in and try to catch up with what everyone is up to. {{{{{Hugs}}}}} to all of us who are dealing with medical issues and family issues too. Welcome to all the newbies here. This is really a great forum. You will love it here. And congratulations to all of you who are trying fmq'ing. I haven't yet but I sure do want to. I will post my efforts when I actually try it. (after I get my Pfaff back from the repair shop. Yes, I know it is new but it won't hold a needle. I am upset that it is in the shop already and is only 4 months old. Waiting to hear what's up. Two other people at the shop tried to get the needle in and couldn't so I know it wasn't me. And my little featherweight, born in 1949, keeps humming long)

I love being home on a Tuesday. :) Ok, off to spend some fun time in my sewing room.

Ginny B

WendyI
April 30th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Ginny, sounds like you had such a lovely weekend!

As for depression...I have struggled with it on and off most of my life. I have been drug free now for 6 months and am starting to feel much, much better. I went through a 6 month therapy program, full-time every day...and it totally saved my life. Taking medication is not enough to cope with depression. There is other work that has to be done. Sadly, your country and mine, do a TERRIBLE job of treating depression. Everyone is prescribed medication and sent on their way with the idea that it's supposed to "fix everything". When it doesn't the depression worsens, more drugs are prescribed in heavier doses, and the cycle goes on.

Taking control of your thoughts and re-programming your brain is the ONLY cure for depression. If you want more info please let me know. I'm drug free and FINALLY starting to feel like I am living a normal life. I have my days to be sure...but drug free is SO much better! ((((HUGS))))