PDA

View Full Version : Feline Free-for-all and Other Good News?

phoots
April 30th, 2013, 03:50 AM
Well, to start with, my BF and I woke up at 5am this morning to the sounds of two cats about to fight outside. That's weird because we brought Dusty in earlier that afternoon. We both jump out of bed and realize that 4 of our 5 cats were outside. Rebel was at the door wanting to come in, Coal was having a great time running back and forth, and Dusty had a look of panic on his face. We got Rebel and Dusty in quickly. Coal was a little trickier, but his weakness is string. I got the string and he followed me to the door. Finally, the only one left outside was little Missy. Missy is still a bit feral, probably always will be. BF and I spent a good 2 1/2 hrs trying to get our little one inside. Finally, BF went in the bedroom with no other cats and closed the door. He opened the screen door that all the cats had gotten out, and laid down. Within 20 minutes, Missy was inside. She just didn't want anyone pushing her or telling her what to do!

That brings me back to Dusty. Dusty was taken to a Snip Clinic to get fixed Sunday morning. The four months that she had been on our patio, we had always assumed she was a girl. So I get a call that Dusty is ready to be picked up. I get there and they inform me that SHE is actually a HE and that he had already been fixed. Along with that he had been declawed...all four paws, and dumped on the street for whatever reason. You NEVER let a cat who has been declawed outside. The poor thing would have no way to defend his/herself. That's probably why Dusty almost never left our patio. So anyway, HE is living the good life indoors! And hopefully no one will escape again!

Now about my other news. Last week in school we had an unexpected quiz that I was sure I had failed. Well, praise God, I only missed 3 question! And I'd been really nervous because we had to show that we know how to take vital signs tonight; pulse, respiration, and blood pressure. We've practiced blood pressure twice now and I could never hear anything. Tonight, when it came time for me to do it for the instructor...I DID IT!!! I actually heard the noises I was supposed to hear! Heave sigh of relief!

Now I'm gonna play a couple games and then go to bed. I was up way to early today!

My love to all!

Pam in Vegas

rebeccas-sewing
April 30th, 2013, 04:40 AM
Wow! Glad all your kitties are safe and sound! Good news on the testing! Keep up the good work!

dwil23
April 30th, 2013, 06:15 AM
Glad kitties are safe and sound, an you passed your test!

When I was a teenager we had a cat named Fat Albert. Because he was. My Mom decided that he was actually a she, but I didn't agree. We changed the name to "Pat Albert" for convenience. Mom took her in to the vet to be spayed only to get a call later that they couldn't spay her because she was actually a he. Uh, Mom, I told you so.

Granny Judy
April 30th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Yup,, we had a female cat that turned out to be a Male.??? Something didn't drop and even the vet had made the incision before finding out he had A HE on the table... Poor Kittie.

Dropping a de-clawed cat outside is just so cruel.. I'm glad he found you !! Congrats, Dee on passing. Things will get better, but you'll have to go thru a lot of "tests" b4 you graduate... Don't give up!!

Sandy Navas
April 30th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Pam, sometimes I wonder how you ever get any rest. One of my DGDs opened the sliding door to our bedroom last night and let all our outside cats in. Go figure.

Good luck on all your future exams. Try not to underestimate your abilities as we all know you are going to ACE this course of study!!

How is your DBF feeling now?

calicokat
April 30th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Congrats on your testing!

We just had an indoor cat earn his ticket to full-time outdoors! I got home from errands yesterday and found him lounging on a quilt I had loaded on the longarm. Seems he thought it was his personal hammock. Luckily it was one of mine, not a customer's -- he left quite a sagging area where he slept and there was dirt from his paws along with fur! Very bad on a customer quilt!!

I swatted him and put him down, but DH & DS informed me kitty hadn't just been napping there - DD's prom dress is draped across one end as well after I pressed the crinoline so it could stay fluffy for Saturday's dance-- kitty had been playing with her dress, hiding under and swatting at the embellishments -- big no-no day for kitty!!

So now he is no longer a in & out kitty - just outside full time with the other 2 & the chickens, LOL

CrazyMtnLady
April 30th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Aren't cats wonderful. Of our four cats only Chester has been allowed to be an indoor/outdoor cat because he is fixed (no spraying) and is housebroken because he thinks he is a dog. But since MonkeyButt had her kittens I have an area fixed up in the place where we had our wood stacked for the wood stove for her and the 4 kittens. There is a litter box in there but she refuses to use it. I have woke up to a mess on my bathroom floor a few mornings that has not made me happy. She usually will let me know she wants outside, but when I am sleeping I guess she can't wake me up. I will be so happy when the babies are weaned and she can be outside all the time again.

WendyI
April 30th, 2013, 11:09 AM
OMIGOSH! I would have died!! My kitties are TOTALLY indoors...each of them has "escaped" at one point and were missing for a couple of days...it was NOT fun. You're so lucky you got yours and they didn't wander!

Congrats on the test!! YAY!

lilmouse
April 30th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Congrats on the test...wondered if you were being too hard on yourself...glad you got to "hear" the "noises" you were supposed to...keeping you in prayer...hope BF is feeling better!