PDA

View Full Version : What an interesting afternoon

Hulamoon
April 30th, 2013, 12:16 AM
I called the vet office to see if I could get one of my cat's in . Losing hair. The other one has wormies. Don't want to describe that. lol Didn't need to take little wormy (stormy) down ( I think she is 6 lbs, tiny little thing) They gave me a pill for her. So I brought down Mushu. 14 lbs!

So anyway they gave me a time and somehow I was an hour early. I could swear I heard it right. So poor Mushu is stuck in a carrier for almost an hour. Several dog owners were there. I talked to all of them but the most strange one is that they wanted to have a dog pee in a cup. It was a HUGE Wimeriner. I mean huge! They had a pole with this cup on it and they took her out at least four times to see if they could get pee. lol I was next to the door. I kept asking did she pee this time? lol

It was a strange afternoon. Then I had to go buy fish food. Poor Mushu is tuckered out.

ilive2craft2
April 30th, 2013, 12:20 AM
Oh Lorie, I can just imagine the scene....priceless. Never thought about needing a urine sample for a dog.... hope your kitties feel better soon! :)

Musical_Starling
April 30th, 2013, 12:25 AM
I called the vet office to see if I could get one of my cat's in . Losing hair. The other one has wormies. Don't want to describe that. lol Didn't need to take little wormy (stormy) down ( I think she is 6 lbs, tiny little thing) They gave me a pill for her. So I brought down Mushu. 14 lbs!

So anyway they gave me a time and somehow I was an hour early. I could swear I heard it right. So poor Mushu is stuck in a carrier for almost an hour. Several dog owners were there. I talked to all of them but the most strange one is that they wanted to have a dog pee in a cup. It was a HUGE Wimeriner. I mean huge! They had a pole with this cup on it and they took her out at least four times to see if they could get pee. lol I was next to the door. I kept asking did she pee this time? lol

It was a strange afternoon. Then I had to go buy fish food. Poor Mushu is tuckered out.

Wow... Can't say I've ever seen a dog pee in a cup. That definitely requires talent! Poor Mushu deserves some tuna after that escapade today lol When we first got Tinker they gave us drops to put on the back of her neck for worms. I've seen it before for fleas, but never worms. Apparently it worked though because we took her back for her spay surgery a few months later and she was worm-free! :)

Hulamoon
April 30th, 2013, 12:42 AM
I got the pill for little wormy Stormy. But my vet is so cool he gave samples for the behind the neck flea drops for free. Seems that's the problem. I have been taking my pet's to this guy forever. When my kids were little he would invite us back to check out the animals and let them look through the microscope. I mentioned that to him today and of course he didn't remember but the nurse liked the story. :)

Oh and he had one of those mouse on the back of cat's in his office. See it to believe it. lol

Hulamoon
April 30th, 2013, 12:56 AM
Dee I had a cat named Tinker :) He was a bit of a stray. That's what's hard about indoor outdoor kitties. You never know how long they will stay around :( He was a good one while he made this home though.

Musical_Starling
April 30th, 2013, 01:08 AM
How great to have a good vet! We had one when we lived in town, and he always asked about the other cat if we only brought one at a time lol Now Tinker's vet is nice too, but she's new so we haven't really built that rapport just yet. And I call her Tinker, but it's actually Tinkerbelle because of my love of Disney (Tinker Bell, the fairy, and Belle from Beauty and the Beast). FIL calls her Tink and thinks it's hilarious because Newfie's have a bit of an Irish accent and don't pronounce the "h" that comes after a "t" so he'll always say something like "You got a good nickname Tink, don't ya tink(think)?" lol Our girls are indoor only, I would be so scared to have an outdoor cat here in Suburbia. Too many cars not to mention the wolves and coyotes. I don't even want to think about it!

auntiemern
April 30th, 2013, 01:10 AM
Never heard of a dog peeing in a cup, lol.

Hulamoon
April 30th, 2013, 02:10 AM
Never heard of a dog peeing in a cup, lol.

Yea I kind of what to know happened. lol It's a stick with a cup and they hold it under them. It was a little makeshift thing. It was of those wish I had a camera moments.

I live on two acres and it's pretty quiet around here. A hen might attack a cat getting too close to her chicks, but that's about it for predators. lol

shannonsaulter
April 30th, 2013, 02:30 AM
Omg how funny...

Evilynn
April 30th, 2013, 02:54 AM
Sorry but LOL! It sounds like it was very interesting!

Hulamoon
April 30th, 2013, 03:20 AM
It was fun actually. When I found out I had to sit for an hour, and who hasn't done that at the doctors office? Kitty was calm. I had the only cat in there, Thank gosh for carriers. All the dogs were huge. Except for the nice older gentleman sitting next to me with a maltese. He was super nice. We talked the whole time and said nice meeting you and talking with you when I was leaving. I wish everyday was like that:)