PDA

View Full Version : Well I'm still kicking, barely but I'm hanging in there!

middlesis1966
April 29th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Whew talk about getting back to work, OMG doesn't even begin to cover it. I've put in 60+ hrs in the past 2 weeks and it's not letting up anytime soon. I just had to stop in and say HEY to you all. Then it's off to dream land for this chiclet. I'm wiped out for sure. My day starts at 3am and ends and 7:30pm. I don't know how it did it before I got cancer, but this time around it sure is a lot rougher on me. My poor body has been screaming what the heck are you doing to me. I guess I got soft and got use to it.

OH OH OH and I have exciting news, I'm back in the weld shop, YAHOOOOOOOO!!!!! This is the happiest I've been in a very long time. I do have to watch what I do, but they are cool with it. There are somethings that I can never ever do again, but I'm ok with it. I just have to put my pride aside and think of me instead of the ego. It's been a huge learning lesson for sure. When I started working as a welder I never ever played the girl card. I did the same as the men. I had to turn some things over to the boys to help me with, but I'm taking baby steps with that one for sure.

I'm gonna continue lurking because it's just so hard to post from my phone during breaks and lunch, but I do have you all in my thoughts and prayers!!!

Miss you all!!!!!!

WendyI
April 29th, 2013, 09:29 PM
Well hey! Those are some LONG hours..wow. Glad you are not over doing it and realizing your limitations but also glad you are back doing what you love! That's such a rare thing these days! Congratulations!

K. McEuen
April 29th, 2013, 10:06 PM
Glad to know you are still kicking and as hard as it sounds, it seems like you are handling being back at work pretty well. When your hours are that long it's pretty much, work, sleep, shower and repeat.

sally
April 29th, 2013, 10:15 PM
I am happy for you that you are back doing what you love BUT take it easy okay? Want you to stay healthy. Big hugs coming your way!

ilive2craft2
April 29th, 2013, 10:25 PM
Doing what you love is important. Just don't overdo it. Glad you popped in! :) Lisa

Lisapc
April 29th, 2013, 10:28 PM
Just try to pace yourself as best as you can. I am so glad you are doing what you want to do again. Congratulations! We will be here when you are ready.

Musical_Starling
April 29th, 2013, 11:04 PM
Agree with the others, great to see you back but don't push TOO hard :) How lucky to have a job you love!!

auntiemern
April 29th, 2013, 11:14 PM
So happy to hear from you Paula. Glad you are doing what you love, but as the others have said, don't over do it.