PDA

View Full Version : booking flghts...uhg!!

WendyI
April 29th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Trying to figure out flights for my boy to go to California for the month of July.

Flying out of Toronto as an unaccompanied minor is more expensive than if I fly with him out of Buffalo! Insane!

But trying to figure out the logistics of it is making my head spin!

So he and I fly to California together...that's one flight
I leave him there and fly home alone...flight two
Then he flies back with their son (who is 11) at the end of July - flight three
Then their son flies back with his grandmother a week later - flight four

ugh.

I despise booking flights like that. It's so difficult to see where the best deal is! And apparently there are special algorithms that increase the price every time you log in and view for flights...guess they want you to panic book! I am just trying to plan financially to see what we can afford...is it better if I fly with him or send him by himself, which I'm okay with but still it would be nice for me to go visit also as I miss them a lot!

Obviously we are paying for our flights and they are paying for theirs so trying to figure it all out that way is also becoming a serious pain in the a$$!

mom4him
April 29th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Have you considered contacting a travel agent. I haven't purchased tickets for years now but when I did I got just as good a deal as on line and much less head ache. Just an idea.

Doloris
April 29th, 2013, 04:34 PM
which is cheaper, to send him alone, 1 roundtrip tic, versus you going with him, 2 roundtrip tics with different return dates? I think the people in Cal should book their own tics. You just have to co-ordinate dates and flights.

shannonsaulter
April 29th, 2013, 04:50 PM
have you thought about confrence calling the airlines with the other party and take care of it that way?

Jean Sewing Machine
April 29th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Book on Tuesday,I hear that's when you get the cheapest flights.

grma33
April 29th, 2013, 06:11 PM
Have you considered driving to and fly out of Detroit
Our Daughter got married in Fl in Oct and realatives from Ottawa drove to London to visit the drove to Detroit.
Gale

WendyI
April 29th, 2013, 09:40 PM
Book on Tuesday,I hear that's when you get the cheapest flights.

THAT is so true!! LOL! I have looked at flying back on the Tuesday and it's almost a $100 cheaper! smart lady!

WendyI
April 29th, 2013, 09:42 PM
I think we're just gonna use an agent. We'll book my return flight and then Liam's one way but get it all coordinated...then worry about his return flight later on in July. They'll book it when they book theirs and we'll just pay them back. That's the least amount of hassle and grief.

Trying to book online though, when you're not used to navigating all the garbage, is tough...there are SOOO many options! oye! It's a tad overwhelming!

shermur
April 30th, 2013, 08:55 AM
WendyI, I myself have gotten to the point the flying anywhere has gotten to be such a hassle, plus the expense...Yikes! Hope you get through this, darlin'!