PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow we are getting a KING!!!

Klasien
April 29th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Tomorrow it is queensday in the Netherlands, the last one.........Queen Beatrix will resign tomorrow and her son Willem Alexander will become our King!
Queen Beatrix has been a great queen for over 30 years, now it is time for her to be a mom, grandmom and relax a little, she has been working real hard, now her son can take over.

This is the "thanks Beatrix song" wich a lot of famous people made for her.

http://youtu.be/HEqvgmXFDCQ

There will be feast around the whole country tomorrow, and since our nation color is orange the whole country will turn orange tomorrow, it is so much fun every year, but this yeat is very special because of our new king, Holland has had queens for almost 100 years, now a king, next year we celabrate King Day on April 27th.

I thought I share our little country history with you all, because tomorrow we are making history!!!!!

Granny Judy
April 29th, 2013, 02:29 PM
This IS an exciting time to be alive... wonderful living history, too!! Congrats and have fun celebrating with your fellow country men/women & kiddos.

Bubby
April 29th, 2013, 02:31 PM
It sounds like a day of joyous celebration for your country. Enjoy the festivities, Klasien!

auntiemern
April 29th, 2013, 02:49 PM
How exciting for you. Enjoy the celebration in grand style. Congrats on your new King.

mom4him
April 29th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Thanks for sharing that. I didn't understand a word that was being sung but somehow you very easily got the message. She looks like a very sweet loving lady.
Enjoy the day!

WendyI
April 29th, 2013, 03:30 PM
sounds like a fun day in store for you! We still have ties to British Monarchy here in Canada but mostly they are symbolic...what role does the monarchy play there? Are they part of the governing body? Or are they mostly figure heads?

Divine Daisy
April 29th, 2013, 03:34 PM
I wish our queen would retire.........mind you the alternative (Charles) is an even less attractive prospect!

Glad you are glad :) :)

EsGrandma
April 29th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Sounds exciting! Enjoy your special day and thanks for sharing with us!

HdWench
April 29th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Great history in the making!!!! How fun that the Queen now get's to be a grandma and relax more, and exciting you get your 1st King in a Long time!!

Orange what a great country color - wish they would do a fly over the county and take photo's showing how Orange it is !

Enjoy your day

:-Debbie

New York Sue
April 29th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Well, how about that?
ENJOY the pomp and circumstance, Klasien. I'm sure it will be a very special day for the Netherlands.
And surely, after 30 years, a hit of the REFRESH button is warranted.
ENJOY!

shannonsaulter
April 29th, 2013, 04:54 PM
How exciting!!!

Jean Sewing Machine
April 29th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Enjoy the special celebration, and wearing a beautiful bright color! Thanks for sharing the story of your country's celebration! Have fun!

Musical_Starling
April 29th, 2013, 05:12 PM
How awesome is that? I loved the song as well, even though I didn't understand a word. They could have been singing the phone book and it still sounded beautiful! lol Queen Beatrix looks so beautiful and kind, I wish her son a happy and successful 30+ years as well :)

And Daisy, you made me chuckle as usual lol We are tied to the monarchy as well of course, but we don't see what goes on with them as much as you do "across the pond". I do often wish she would retire simply because it would be nice if she could enjoy whatever time she has left and spend it with her grandchildren and soon-to-arrive great-grandchild, but I'm not sure if I want Charles' ears on our coins just yet lol

aliaslaceygreen
April 29th, 2013, 05:40 PM
I was just hearing about this on another forum I belong to.....What a great thing to celebrate!

Cat n bull
April 29th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Well how COOL is that?!?
Have a wonderful celebration!

jsmetcalf
April 29th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Thanks for sharing this. I am a bit of a history enthusiast and really enjoy learning things about other countries. I might not have I learned this had you not shared with us. Hope it is a enjoyable day of celebration for you.

HandsOffItsMine
April 29th, 2013, 07:04 PM
Eindelijk een Koning Van Oranje! :) Maak sure you celebrate for us Dutchies here in the USA! Have a "Pils" on us!!

ilive2craft2
April 29th, 2013, 11:29 PM
How exciting!

Sandy Navas
April 29th, 2013, 11:30 PM
I have had the luck to be in Amsterdam TWICE to celebrate Queen Beatrix's birthday. Oh, how much fun is had on this very special day.

Evilynn
April 30th, 2013, 02:57 AM
Sounds great! I hope you'll have a lot fun! Must be exciting to get a new king! :) The Finns do not have any royals at all but the Swedes do and the Finns are jealous about it. They would never confess but they are. :)

Carolyn23
April 30th, 2013, 10:39 AM
How interesting this post is. When I saw the title, I thought maybe you were getting a new mattress but lo and behold when I opened your post I got a cool history and current events lesson. Today sounds like such a fun day for your country! I love that your color is orange. That is such an unusual and great color for a country. Enjoy!