PDA

View Full Version : This is the last Monday of April

Monique
April 29th, 2013, 07:20 AM
What? Where has the time gone? We had an absolutely beautiful day yesterday. Definitely sandal weather. I attended a bridal shower for a local girl here. You should have seen the food. I even brought back some of my sandwiches I had made. She received some beautiful gifts.

Saturday night was spend with my friend. Seafood fest was a huge success although I was a little under the weather yesterday morning. LOL!! We did go fabric shopping on Saturday and she picked up fabric for the placements she wants me to make. I bought two baby panels, some cute sewing related buttons and a package of batting that was on sale. I thought I was very disciplined. The only quilting I got done was on Saturday at work. Hubby returns today from his trip. I assume he will be home when I get home from work today.

Wishing everyone an awesome day.

MRoy
April 29th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Good morning Monique! This month has really flown by. It's Derby week here in KY, lots of activities in the Louisville area leading up to the KY Derby on Saturday. I'll be watching the race on TV here at home. It's been really rainy here this weekend. Everything is green and you can almost see the grass growing and the trees leafing out. Spring has definitely sprung.

Mpyles
April 29th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Good morning all!!

Today is the start of my 5 day count for vacation!! Woo hoo!! I am taking next week off!! My DD graduates Thursday night and I am actively involved in project graduation as well as having her grad part on Saturday!! So lots to do, and hopefully some time in there to putter around my sewing room...I so love the peace and tranquility I find in there. My dd has been coming in there to do her homework...she tells me it's very peaceful in there. Lol

I spent my Sunday working on the tshirt quilt. I mean literally all day from 9 am to 10 pm..save a few food and coffee breaks. But I really wanted to get it off my table in there, as it glared at me everytime I went in. Still have DD to complete...but hers I am taking to the LQS and doing it on the statler. It just takes toooooo long on my machine.

We have about 12 new menu items starting at work this week...yikes!! It's not a well planned menu change..so I am sure my week will be full, not to mention that inventory is on Tuesday/Wednesday. I certainly will be ready by Friday!!

Well off to conquer day 5!! Everyone have a great day!!

Bubby
April 29th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Good Morning,

All is well here after a very slow, rainy weekend. We are supposed to have a couple nice days followed by more cod weather and rain.

I had a sleepless nigh last night. I think my allergies are blooming right now. I watched TV until 2 am before going back to bed. It sure made me feel yucky this morning. I have laundry and some housework to do and then the sewing will begin. I put my sewing space in order yesterday. UFOs here I come.

Blondie's Mom is getting stronger and hopefully she can come home soon. Blondie should be back with us before long, too.

Wishing everyone a good Monday!

Hugs, Barb

Mpyles
April 29th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Barb, please let blondie know we are thinking of her and her mom!

CrazyMtnLady
April 29th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Good Morning all. It is a foggy morning here but it is beautiful. The fog is hanging below the top of the hills and it sure is pretty out. I took a couple pictures. I have the old camera so I have to find the cord before I can upload them to the computer. DH took the good camera with him.
It sure was nice to wake up at my own speed this morning.

Going to start in on my pile of ironing and putting the clothes away that I washed the other day. And start my MAJOR cleaning since no one is here to get in my way. I know as soon as DH gets home it won't stay neat and tidy long but that is the trouble when your married to an Oscar Madison! LOL....(for those that don't know, Oscar Madison was the slob from the "Odd Couple" show.)

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Hugs and prayers to all.

aliaslaceygreen
April 29th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Good RAINY Monday..... I know the ground is thirsty and the flowers will be happy (*well, the WEEDS will be) but it IS hard to get cranked when in a dark cozy room with the sound of rain on the roof!

No Layla today. I have HOUSE CLEANING to do. Serious Spring cleaning level housework. Today and Thursday are my days off and then no more till we leave on VACATION!!!!!

Blondie, I hope that Moms is getting better every day!!! Miss your smiling face!

Take care, everyone, Hugs!

Sandy Navas
April 29th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Working again today - wish it were totally worth it. I'd rather be sewing, that's for sure. Did spend time making labels for Cardinal Glennon PICU quilts yesterday and managed to get my Featherweight set up and did four of the six blocks I have cut for my wonky houses. Doing raw-edged applique and it's sure going to be cute. May not make anything bigger than about 12-18 total blocks 10" square. Gotta figure out what I'm going to do - either sash them or intersperse another block.

Did hear from Blondie - as has Bubby. She was so thankful for all our prayers.

Sunshine, warm weather, it doesn't get much better. Al is planning to mow today and I know one of the DGDs will be biting at the bit to mow with him - luckily we have a couple mowers and she has experience and is big enough.

WendyI
April 29th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Morning all...back to work Monday...reeeeally tough getting out of bed today. Not much done in the way of quilting as I, once AGAIN, messed up my measuring so didn't have enough fabric. uhg. Relieved to hear Blondie's mom is doing better.

Did a bit of yard clean-up in the front. I don't have the heart to go in the back yard yet..it's SUCH a disaster back there,...pond caving in, rabbits murdered half my garden and the dog has completely destroyed the lawn. sigh. I feel like it's worse than being at square one! However, once it dries up a bit I do have a plan of attack...just need the weather! Pulled our trailer out of storage and NO MICE!! YAY!!! Had a huge disaster last year so I'm pretty happy to not have any issues this year.

Well I'm off to try and get some work done...sure don't feel like it tho.

GinnyKNC
April 29th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Good Morning. It rained here all weekend, but yesterday it poured all day. I'm not going to complain because the grass and flowers need the rain :)
Here in Charlotte, NC we are currently experiencing a plague of biblical proportion......Canker worms - YUCK. Homeowners can't even come out of their homes without getting covered in canker worms and webbing. It is the worst I have ever seen. They are destroying the trees :( They use to do an aerial spray but it isn't in the budget anymore. It makes it difficult to sit or walk outside and really hard to garden. It is really out of control and they need to find a way to get them in check again or we are going to lose a lot of trees in this area.
I'm still job hunting and getting nervous. My current contract is up on May 8th and I'm not getting many bites. I remember when you had to pick from several offers and now if I could just get one offer it would be a blessing.
Praying for those in need - Hugs for those who need them - Blessings to all

LynneLeavell
April 29th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Rained all day yesterday, did get a little bit of sewing done. Hubby couldn't stand the fact that I just wanted to stay at home and do nothing but sew. A guy that is doing my quilting for has asked me to piece two quilt tops for him in exchange for payng for quilting on these two quilts. He wants them done by June which is not going to be a problem, then I have two nieces who are expecting, one is due at the end of August and the other due at the end of September. The one in due in August is having a little girl and I already have everything to do the quilt and the the one in due in September is having a little boy. Not sure yet what I'm going to do for him. Plus I have receiving blankets and burp clothes to make as well. Guess I'll be checking into a motel on weekends to this done. Just kidding.

Glad Blondie's mom is doing good. Glad to see Sandy back.

Hope everyone has a great day. Prayers going out to those who need it and to those who don't.

buckeyequilter
April 29th, 2013, 10:31 AM

Good morning....

Woke up to rain this morning but that has cleared up and looks like it's going to be a beautiful day. My Monday started off well....got in the shower, got all dripping wet and reached for the shampoo....GONE....got out of the shower and dripped all over the floor and went to the closet.....WHAT!!! NO SHAMPOO!....got back in the shower and washed my hair with shower gel. So before I do any sewing tonight I have to go to the store.

Prayers for Blondie & her mom.

I'm going to straighten up my sewing room tonight and then I think I'll either start a quilt for my sister or pull a UFO and work on it. I really do want to get the quilts done for my sisters...I made one for my brother in SC but didn't get one made for Ron.

I will start the quilting on the maple leaf in a couple of weeks or so. That is going to be a huge quilting job so I want to take my time once I start it.

Have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs to all.

Lisapc
April 29th, 2013, 10:36 AM
We had an amazingly warm and sunny weather weekend. It is going to be high 60's and mostly sunny all week. My son and GD, Kora did hard labor in the yard this weekend digging and planting some roots and bulbs on Saturday. But we were good grandparents and great grandparents and took them out for ice cream for dinner. Then snacks for later on. My son was fascinated to see my Dad eat a banana split. It was huge and the man loved it.

I had a very busy week last week and this week is going to be more of the same. Starting in about an hour.

Prayers to Blondie, her Mom and all who need them.

I am saying a wish for me that I get some sewing time for me this week. Last week I sewed one whole 1/2 hour. I hate the business but it will all work out and setttle down soon enough.

Happy day to all!

WendyI
April 29th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Here in Charlotte, NC we are currently experiencing a plague of biblical proportion......Canker worms - YUCK. Homeowners can't even come out of their homes without getting covered in canker worms and webbing. It is the worst I have ever seen. They are destroying the trees :( They use to do an aerial spray but it isn't in the budget anymore. It makes it difficult to sit or walk outside and really hard to garden. It is really out of control and they need to find a way to get them in check again or we are going to lose a lot of trees in this area.
I'm still job hunting and getting nervous. My current contract is up on May 8th and I'm not getting many bites. I remember when you had to pick from several offers and now if I could just get one offer it would be a blessing.
Praying for those in need - Hugs for those who need them - Blessings to all

I found this on Canker Worms...you really do have an issue with these in NC don't you!

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Time-is-now-in-critical-fight-against-cankerworms-78997797.html

Such a shame...all those trees!

Good luck in your job hunt! That would be very stressful!

WendyI
April 29th, 2013, 11:19 AM
found this article also which looks better..maybe you could send it to your local city council? Seems much better than using dangerous chemicals?

http://www.igin.com/print-article-944-print.html

GinnyKNC
April 29th, 2013, 11:29 AM
found this article also which looks better..maybe you could send it to your local city council? Seems much better than using dangerous chemicals?

http://www.igin.com/print-article-944-print.html

Charlotte does this in the old rich neighborhoods near town. They just don't do it all over. I've been looking to purchase this for my trees.

WendyI
April 29th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Charlotte does this in the old rich neighborhoods near town. They just don't do it all over. I've been looking to purchase this for my trees.

WELL! THAT doesn't seem very fair!! Good luck...I think you might be too late for this year tho?

bakermom
April 29th, 2013, 01:12 PM
This month has really flown! DD is due anytime now, so it is an exciting time for us.
I had her in May also, but the year she was born it had been warm for quite some time by now. My lilacs were in full bloom. This year they barely have leaves out! what a difference!

Granny Judy
April 29th, 2013, 01:59 PM
The Day is slipping away and I've got nothing accomplished. Just dreading the clearing out and throwing away old stuff week here. I'm a re-cycler and cringe at the thought of throwing anything away.. But manufacturers don't "make it to last" anymore. Doesn't seem to be a profit in that concept.

So I walked thru the basement, sewing room, My bedroom & sitting area.... NOPE, Nothing to go out to the curb for pick up... NOT that Bookcase... It's still usable and full of scrapbook albums. NO, not those metal 2 drawer filing cabinets, They hold all my "secret stash of sewing goodies".. I need those extra folding tables!! for when I'm sandwiching my quilts.

Whee, I've rescued and saved enough for today... Maybe I'll just make my bed and find something to eat ..
Glad to hear that Blondie's MOM is doing better. Prayers going out to all..and throwing a hug or two in, so grab one!!

shannonsaulter
April 29th, 2013, 02:10 PM
had the last 4 days off and must admit I did not do much in my sewing room...now this week is torture have to be at work by 7am for 4 days not my normal shift but a once a year thing for training..BLAH..I am at the work comp right now and feel like a zombie...lol...catch everyone later...

auntiemern
April 29th, 2013, 02:14 PM
April sure has flown by. Haven't gotten much done here though. Mostly I have been doing hand work, to calm myself. For me that is the most relaxing thing I can do. Gotten 2 quilts hand quilted, and bound. Binding a quilt that Rhonda made when she was here helping with the kids. Oh yeah, I did make a small baby quilt for a friend that had her baby girl a month early. Will get it in the mail today or tomorrow. Will post a pic in show and tell. Wishing everyone a blessed day. Hugs and prayers for all. Special prayers for Blondie and Ruth.

toggpine
April 29th, 2013, 04:20 PM
It was supposed to be rainy & nasty, but it has just been sunny & breezy so far.

I have the house vacuumed and should find the dust rag and give it a twirl around the place. I am holding off doing any more major cleaning here. In theory, my step-son is moving out by the middle of the month of May. I'll believe it when I actually see the last box move out of our truck and in to his apartment. Until then, I am pondering paint chips and looking for plans to build a trundle bed as a guest bed set-up for that room.

I need to get a few things put away that are stacked up on the sewing table. It seems that while I am out cleaning & organizing everyone else's space, mine devolves into a pit!

You all have a great day or what's left of it where you are!
Hugs, Cathy