PDA

View Full Version : Success!!

Divine Daisy
April 28th, 2013, 03:04 PM
For 9 days I have had a bid in on ebay for some fabric that is PERFECT for my summer window display. Today the auction ended and even though I sweated to the last second I won it. Phewwwwwww.

The window which Rebbecca and I are working on will be very simple. It will be done in time for Wimbleton and the theme is English garden and the colours are strawberry and cream........... strawberries are eaten by the ton at Wimbleton.

There will be an old deckchair left abandoned with some knitting tossed on the seat (the knitter must have rushed in to watch a tennis match lol), Rebbecca has made some amazing wall quilts, there will be some chickens in the form of doorstops and her placemats (see her album, they are all amazing) and I am making a quilt, It is for this quilt that I needed the perfect fabric and I found it. It is a chicken toile in strawberry red and creams and I was so excited to find it then so worried that I wouldn't win it.

Now I will begin the quilt and I am going to do a simple pattern to showcase the fabric. The toile will be in plain squares alternated with a half log cabin block. This pattern is in my head and looks great there lol. Lets hope it looks great when done and does justice to the beautiful fabric.

K. McEuen
April 28th, 2013, 03:14 PM
You know, the last thing I won on a bid on eBay was a school bus. Yep, a big yellow bus. A friend of mine was at the off-road race when the bid was ending. I left the race early and logged on his account and watched the last 5 minutes of the auction. I grabbed the bus at the last minute for $1300.00. He was happy since he was willing to go as high as $2000. I like your fabric a whole lot better than that bus.

MRoy
April 28th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Congrats Daisy! The fabric is gorgeous and your plans for the display sound great.

Bubby
April 28th, 2013, 03:36 PM
Yay...glad you won!! I lost a very important bid on some fabric a while back on eBay. A minute or two later I received an email from the Seller offering me a second set of the same fabric for the amount of my last bid plus free shipping. I did better losing than I would have had I won! I love toile in general, but your chicken toile is gorgeous! I added a tea-dyed toile with turkey red print on my Luna Notte quilt and love it. Good luck with your window. You have a great and talented helper!

Divine Daisy
April 28th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Congrats Daisy! The fabric is gorgeous and your plans for the display sound great.

OK a school bus............er, think that beats 2.7 meters of fabric. On the other hand, the fabric was cheaper!

shannonsaulter
April 28th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Yay..that fabric looks awesome can't wait to see the window..

Iris Girl
April 28th, 2013, 03:56 PM
I love toile fabrics and that one is gorgeous, I love the pinks and red and cream. can't wait to see that quilt.

auntiemern
April 28th, 2013, 04:19 PM
I love toile, and yours is beautiful. I have no doubt that what ever you make will be stunning. Can't wait to see the creation in your head come to fruition.

Sandy Navas
April 28th, 2013, 08:40 PM
Camera, action, take! Those on-line auctions are good for the blood pressure - they keep that old heart ticking in style. Love the fabric. Can hardly wait to see the final result.

Monique
April 28th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Congratulations Daisy. Whatever you create will be spectacular.

ilive2craft2
April 28th, 2013, 09:05 PM
Congrats on the fabric score! Your window sounds fabulous. Can't wait to see it! Lisa

SandyWhite
April 28th, 2013, 09:11 PM
I love winning auctions at last minute. So much fun. Great fabric. Can't wait to see the quilt.

WVGranny
April 28th, 2013, 09:34 PM
please post pictures of your window I would love to see it

Jean Sewing Machine
April 28th, 2013, 11:24 PM
The fabric is lovely, and I'm sure the window will be too! Love the colors and the theme! How fun it will be!

Hulamoon
April 28th, 2013, 11:34 PM
And it has chickens on it. lol Very pretty!

lilmouse
April 29th, 2013, 12:24 AM
Your window design sounds fabulous...hopefully we get to see it!

rebeccas-sewing
April 29th, 2013, 05:56 AM
Way to go, Alison! So glad you won the fabric. It's really pretty!

What I would like to know is why did your friend buy a school bus, Karen? I hope you come back here and fill us in! Did he intend to drive it for pleasure, turn it into a restaurant, cart kids in it or what? Personally, I like the idea of ripping out the seats and turning it into a moving sewing studio. I can picture myself right now using a generator to power up the machine while Joe drives me around to one lovely destination after another. Cutting fabric might be a bit dangerous on rough roads. Haha! I filled him in on my idea and I received an emphatic "Nope, not doing that, Rebecca!" Hahaha!

CrazyMtnLady
April 29th, 2013, 09:31 AM
The fabric is beautiful and I am sure the pattern in your head will be gorgeous in the quilt. I have never seen anything you have made that wasn't beautiful.

MayinJerset
April 29th, 2013, 11:13 AM
please post pictures of your window I would love to see it

Yes, please do we all would love to see it. May