PDA

View Full Version : Sunday, NEW WEEK!!

aliaslaceygreen
April 28th, 2013, 09:58 AM
And End of April... Really? Where does all this time go?
By this weekend, we are going to be deep into May!

Yesterday was a great day---we drove down to my cousin's home; I got to meet his wife and two kids and bonus was that my aunt was there....haven't seen her in eons...literally, this side of the family is the weird on...
But very funny is that in two weeks I will be going to New Orleans to see her brother, my uncle! So, if by the end of the month, I appear to be weirder than normal.....

Work today and tomrrow?? HUGE spring cleaning begins...for real, man! LOL....

Hope all is well and that good news keeps finding its way to all of us....

Iris Girl
April 28th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Finally got to switch out the winter clothes for summer clothes and change the heavy drapes to nice light weight sheers and lace curtains. Feels like spring is finally coming

Granny Judy
April 28th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Off to do some shopping locally. Need some ribbon for a Camisole I'm making.. vintage stuff. Good news-- the credit card thief didn't get any of MY MONEY.. Love my bank!! their security is amazing. Bad news-- I was without MY CARD for 10 working days!! Ya know how hard it is not to grab the daily deal?? Yup, I almost went into withdrawal when I missed two DD's that I'd love to add to my stash.

Lots of hugs sent out to all via the "net". Keep that smile in place.. life is gonna get better.

Karena1984
April 28th, 2013, 10:37 AM
I've been moving furniture and cleaning! Getting new windows put in my room and living room this week! No sewing for me until after they get done though!

Hulamoon
April 28th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Judy I just had card problems too. I had to get it replaced because it wasn't swiping. And I just had to replace it a few months ago! Darn things.

Finishing up a swap. Go through these 600 I spy squares, find the boy girl ones. And I want to get out into the yard and repot some plants. Oh and the dishes. lol

CrazyMtnLady
April 28th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Good Morning all. Finally got the guys on the road to their rendezvous! Now for some nice hot coffee and relaxation! Yippee! Although I think we packed everything but the kitchen sink I am sure there is something he forgot, usually is. LOL. I felt so sorry for TarButt...she is such a 'Daddy's Girl' dog..she wanted to go with him so bad. She is now laying on the floor by the front door looking out waiting for him to come back up the drive. She does that on the weekends he is gone to gun shows too. Poor baby.

Day is starting off pretty dreary looking but it is suppose to clear off later today. I have my work cut out for me. I have tons of clothes to iron or fold and put away. And lots of cleaning to do. But I have 10 days to get it all done. Plus I plan on doing some yard work when we get some nice days.

I am having a problem with MonkeyButt the mama cat. I have a litter box for her to use but she has been going in the bathroom and
making a mess on the floor at night. She has been litter box trained and I don't understand why she isn't using it. I am getting so frustrated! Argh!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Hugs and prayers to all.

Sandy Navas
April 28th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Love these days when I can sleep in a little longer and have nothing on the calendar that just HAS to be done. But, that puts me in the middle of a huge circle of things that I could/should/would do and by the time I make up my mind where to start the day is half gone. What a procrastinator at times. And I have lists - its just that by the time I get to the end of reading what needs to be done I have forgotten what I started out to do. Sometimers is almost as bad as allstimers.

You'all take care and have a splendiferous day, okay?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_TYCg2t5iTJ0/SO0LczJYPCI/AAAAAAAAACo/poribnShh8o/s400/toon_procrastinator.gif (http://anabackwards.blogspot.com/2008/09/i-big-fat-procrastinator.html)

ilive2craft2
April 28th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Good Morning all! Another rainy, dreary day here. What I wouldn't give for some sunshine 2 days in a row.... Oh well, I can get into the sewing room instead. Need to work on a couple of swaps - the patriotic tumbler and the friendship braid batik table runner. I think I am addicted to swaps. Need to go shopping for both. Nice to have a reason to go shopping for fabric.

Should be cleaning up my sewing area so that I can easily move into my son's room soon. He is moving out next weekend. I shouldn't get in a hurry, it will take awhile to get his room emptied and cleaned - it is a pigsty!

Donna, your cat might have an infection - get her checked out by the vet. My sister's cat would do this every time she got one. Medicine cleared it all up and the cat went back to using the litter box.

Have a great day all - don't forget to SMILE :)

Hulamoon
April 28th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Donna there might be a medical problem. I heard of this before. There was a show on animal planet(I think) He was a cat whisperer. lol

here is a good site

http://user.xmission.com/~emailbox/litterbox.htm

Lisa beat me to my answer :)

WendyI
April 28th, 2013, 12:22 PM
I agree with Lisa and Lorie...kitty needs the doc. Any time a cat changes their toilet habbits it's usually a pretty good sign something is wrong. Otherwise, cats will seldom let you know they are sick until it's almost too late. Hopefully it's nothing too serious that a few days of anti-biotics won't fix.

Today was supposed to be quilting day...but since I'm dumb and messed up my fabric order, I now have to WAIT. This quilting hobby has forced me to wait...a LOT...and I'm not very good at it normally but I think I'm learning! LOL!

Had hoped to work outdoors again today but it's looking like rain...as someone mentioned elsewhere, can we not have two days in a row of sunshine?!?! oye! I could wax my truck I suppose, but I'm with Sandy on the procrastination thing!

Hulamoon
April 28th, 2013, 12:32 PM
It's raining now too here. Everyone thinks it always sunny in Hawaii. Well I live in the mountains and I mise well live in Seattle . lol
Hopefully it will clear up later. I really wanted to go outside today. And feed the chickens. lol

quiltingtrish
April 28th, 2013, 12:37 PM
You are all procrastinating (those that are procrastinating), today because I started early this morning washing and hanging out bed linens, bathroom rugs, cooking up lots of ground beef, a roast, and lots of chicken. It seems that if I don't do that when I buy it and it's ready to go for a dinner at a momen't notice, then I don't cook it and to the trash it goes. Too expensive to do that! Now I am out planting seeds and flowers but had to pop in here to give my back a break. I might even need a nap before head to my dad's late today. I am secretly hoping the rains start here before I go so I don't have to mow the back yard today.

Have to get back to my sewing and just fit it all in somehow. Think I'll give myself a rule - if I do this for 15 minutes, I will sew for 15 minutes or something like that. I don't know why I feel as if I need a few hours free to pull out my sewing/quilting.

Heading back outside to put in some more seeds and already established flowers.
Catch ya all later!

Hugs,

toggpine
April 28th, 2013, 12:47 PM
HEY! It has been nice here in the Seattle area for most of the week!
We just get a lot of rain to keep things green! Ask the mid-west about what color things turn when there isn't any rain for months.

We got the barn cleaned yesterday. UGH! Moving is slow this morning. Hubby is fixing breakfast. Good Boy!
I have a couple of goat folks showing up with their babies today. It's disbudding day in the neighborhood. Not my favorite chore, but better than having the vet do it or having the poor thing get hung up in a fence and strangle.
After that I think I'll do some work in the yard if the aforementioned rain holds off until later this afternoon. I picked up some peonies on clearance and they need to get into the ground. I also have some varigated sage that needs to find a permanent garden spot. If I still have any gumption after that I might get started in the orchard bed. The grass in there is getting crazy.

I imagine that it will be another early night around here!
You all have a great day!
Cathy

KathieB
April 28th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Love these days when I can sleep in a little longer and have nothing on the calendar that just HAS to be done. But, that puts me in the middle of a huge circle of things that I could/should/would do and by the time I make up my mind where to start the day is half gone. What a procrastinator at times. And I have lists - its just that by the time I get to the end of reading what needs to be done I have forgotten what I started out to do. Sometimers is almost as bad as allstimers.

You'all take care and have a splendiferous day, okay?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_TYCg2t5iTJ0/SO0LczJYPCI/AAAAAAAAACo/poribnShh8o/s400/toon_procrastinator.gif (http://anabackwards.blogspot.com/2008/09/i-big-fat-procrastinator.html)

I'm a lot like Sandy but I think she accomplishes way more than I do. Here in Maine we are supposed to get about 10 days of sunny weather in the 60's so DH and I are outside until about 7 PM everyday. I have about 10 gardens that need tending to and pot up plants for my garden club plant sale on June 1. Needless to say, quilting is on the back burner right now. I did however, start hanging my rulers last night in an effort to better organize my Woman Cave.

I hope everyone has a good day even if it's dreary and wet. Better days are coming:icon_wave:

Prayer and hugs for everyone whether you think you need them or not!