PDA

View Full Version : BF is Sick

phoots
April 28th, 2013, 01:30 AM
Thursday evening my BF came home with pizza. He told me that his day was fine until he clocked out. He said it was like hitting a brick wall. All of the sudden he was really tired. He stopped on his way home for pizza and while waiting for it he shivered the whole time. He got home, we ate pizza, and then he laid down on the love seat to watch TV and for some time with one of our cats. Within about an hour, he asked me to find a thermometer. He took his temperature and it was nearly 101F. Again he started shivering so I got him a blanket.

Friday he didn't go to work because he ended up with intermittent fevers all day long. That night we made the decision that he would go to the doctor Saturday morning. So we go to the doctor the next morning. Again, as soon as he sits waiting for his turn, he starts to shake. When he got into a room, they took his temperature and it was 102F. The doctor came in, looked at his throat and told us that he has strep throat. She said that she has had a lot of patients with fever, chills, and sore throats. They all have strep. My BF got two shots, one in each cheek, and antibiotics. He did nothing today, besides going to the doctor, and he'll do nothing tomorrow. With all luck, the fevers will break on Sunday, he'll spend Monday at home and then go back to work on Tuesday. But, we'll just take it one day at a time.

I would appreciate prayers for him. Thank you!

Pam in Vegas

Musical_Starling
April 28th, 2013, 01:38 AM
Yuck, yuck, yuck. I had MANY visits by the "strep throat fairy" when I was a kid and I still usually get a visit every year or so. Usually happened around halloween when I was little so I missed it for MANY years and by the time I got a halloween without strep I was too old to go out lol

He has my thoughts and prayers, because strep is NO fun at all! Something that works for fevers, even though it sounds gross, is to soak a cloth in egg whites, wring it out so it's still wet but not dripping and place it on the soles of his feet and put socks on over them. Don't know why it works, but it does. First time I tried it DH's fever was at 104F and within the hour it broke and he almost flooded the bed with sweat. Makes no logical sense, but then neither does a bar of soap in the bed and that works wonders for my leg cramps lol

auntiemern
April 28th, 2013, 02:31 AM
That stinks. Strep throat is no fun at all. Make sure he gets a new toothbrush to use after he gets better or he could re infect himself.

Sandy Navas
April 28th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Thinking of him and hoping for a very quick recovery, Pam. I'm not so certain how to wet a towel with egg whites though. Tell him to get better quick - oh, and no huggin' and kissin', okay?

Never thought about changing toothbrushes . . . thanks for that heads up.

ilive2craft2
April 28th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Ugh! Strep throat is awful. Hope he feels better soon!

rebeccas-sewing
April 28th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Poor guy! Good thing you went to the doc! He should start feeling a whole lot better now that he's received those shots and meds.

Bubby
April 28th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Strep is nothing to mess with. Take precautions so you don't catch it from him. I hope he feels better soon.

WendyI
April 28th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Uhg!! Strep throat is awful! I'm also prone and get SOOOO sick. It's wicked. Hope he recovers soon and you don't catch it...it's very contagious so be careful!

K. McEuen
April 28th, 2013, 12:29 PM
He'll get better pretty quick now that he had the antibiotics. 24 hours after the dose he is no longer contagious, so hopefully you will be okay as well. I used to get strep quite often when I was in my 20's. I don't think anyone ever stayed home from work and we all kept getting each other sick.

phoots
April 29th, 2013, 12:47 AM
Wow, I hadn't thought about the toothbrush thing. He's been soaking his in Listerine mouthwash. It's an anticeptic so maybe that will work!! Everyone, thank you for your well wishes!!

Pam in Vegas