PDA

View Full Version : I Need To BAN My Husband!

Sew Perfect
April 27th, 2013, 12:40 PM
I have posted before about my husband cramping my style while I am in my woman cave. I seriously need to BAN him! Here's why: He works midnight shift, so I thought I could work on his quilt to give him for our 24th anniversary, which is next month. I am using Gone With The Wind fabric, as we are both collectors. DH should have been in bed this morning sleeping. But NO...he kept coming into my cave to bug me. He looked right at that GWTW fabric and says, "Oh look, there's some Gone With The Wind Fabric. Is that for my birthday?"...Ugh...I just looked at him and told him to get out and go to bed. He prances out of my room with the biggest smart-ellic (sp) grin on his face. I could have just slapped him.

Should I have? LOL

Evilynn
April 27th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Misa, lol. Sorry but that made me laugh. I know how frustrating it can be if you have a VERY nice idea as a gift for an upcoming event and then just because the recipient can't hold the feet still, it's out. :icon_rolleyes: not a secret anymore! I don't know how they do it but they always spot the secret just as if they had some built-in-secret-gift-detector. ARGH! ;)

Lock the doors!

Gayle8675309
April 27th, 2013, 01:18 PM
LOL...men! :)

asta
April 27th, 2013, 01:20 PM
I say now you have a quilt for yourself. My policy with kids and husband is if they snoop where they should not or guess what they are getting the gifts go back to the store.

pcbatiks
April 27th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Do you have a girly looking quilt that you could wrap and give him as a joke before you give him his GWTW quilt..........he would be surprised when he opens that! :D

auntiemern
April 27th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Yep, I woulda slapped him, lol. You need to put a lock on your door to keep him out of your woman cave, unless he is invited in. I like the idea of wrapping up a girly quilt for him :)...sounds like something I would do.

ilive2craft2
April 27th, 2013, 01:56 PM
I have to admit, I am the one that can't keep a secret! I always spill the beans! Even though he has an idea, he won't know exactly how it will look in the end and it sounds like he liked it. A lock might be good for the door of the woman cave. :) Lisa

nanaleslie
April 27th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Misa, lol. Sorry but that made me laugh. I know how frustrating it can be if you have a VERY nice idea as a gift for an upcoming event and then just because the recipient can't hold the feet still, it's out. :icon_rolleyes: not a secret anymore! I don't know how they do it but they always spot the secret just as if they had some built-in-secret-gift-detector. ARGH! ;)

Lock the doors!

I agree 100%. Men do have the "built -in-secret-gift-detector." My hubby ruins every surprise we have for him. lol

Sew Perfect I feel the aggriavation!! :(

Evilynn
April 27th, 2013, 02:37 PM
I agree 100%. Men do have the "built -in-secret-gift-detector." My hubby ruins every surprise we have for him. lol

Sew Perfect I feel the aggriavation!! :(

LOL, same here!

rebeccas-sewing
April 27th, 2013, 04:15 PM
This husband of yours sounds like he likes to have your undivided attention. What is it? I really don't like it when Joe comes poking around when I'm working on my quilts. I want to say to him "You need to move along, buddy! You're crampin' my style!"

Sandy Navas
April 27th, 2013, 05:43 PM
My Dad used to shop for himself about 2 days before any special event - birthday, anniversary, Christmas - and for years bought what we'd already bought for him and had to return. We did learn.

Sew Perfect
April 27th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Amen ...Sounds like a girly quilt is a great idea! I will make one for my tea room and let him open it. LOL

bec
April 27th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Oh..I think it is funny. At least you know he's going to like it based on the big grin on his face. LOL

WendyI
April 28th, 2013, 12:57 AM
I have resorted to sabotaging gifts..putting all kinds of stuff in the box, books, rocks, once I used a turnip...to disguise the gifts. One xmas he guessed every single gift I got him! Now he doesn't even try...which is equally disappointing! LOL! I love the idea of giving your DH a girly one first!! HA!

phoots
April 28th, 2013, 01:16 AM
Do you have a girly looking quilt that you could wrap and give him as a joke before you give him his GWTW quilt..........he would be surprised when he opens that! :D

I like this idea!!

Pam in Vegas

CountryHut
April 28th, 2013, 01:27 AM
I think you should get him something else -- finish the quilt and then give it to him - as a Just because gift - do it a few months down the road --

but men are like that . . darn it all - always wanting to put their nose where it doesn't belong . . L*~