PDA

View Full Version : Saturday

Mpyles
April 27th, 2013, 07:21 AM
Good morning!

Saturday is a day of work for me.....I really have to quit staying up so late working on quilting projects!!

Hope everyone has a great day! I will be glad when blondie is back as she is a spark in my step in the am!

Monique
April 27th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Good morning Mary. I only have three hours work this morning then heading off to a friend's place. I think we are going fabric shopping today. She wants me to make placemats for a gift.

Have a great weekend everybody.

Lonna
April 27th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Good Morning All,

I also have to work today until 2:00. Not sure what we are doing this afternoon though. I really need to get a quilt top sandwiched but we will have to wait and see. As I have to set up my folding tables outside to sandwich so hoping it is not to breezy this afternoon.

Wishing all a wonderful day.

shermur
April 27th, 2013, 08:51 AM
I should have been in my sewing room last night, but went to bed early instead....comp softball tournament this weekend "hit for the Cure" in observance to Breast Cancer...the players are wearing really cool hot pink shirts! But since it is raining here this morning and they have pushed back the schedule at least 3 hours...gonna be a long day! Wish us luck, ya'll!

CrazyMtnLady
April 27th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Good Morning Mary, it is another rainy day here in the Ozarks isn't it. :( I hope it stops and clears off soon. They guys need to finish packing the cargo trailer for their trip to the rendezvous, of course, I call it there "drinking and telling lies party". LOL I was hoping they would get done and be outta here today but if it keeps raining it will be tomorrow before they take off. :( I am SO ready for some peace and quiet and not having to cook and do so many dishes.)

I am finally getting my 2 quilts mailed off to Marilyn today for the children's hospital donation. I thought I had put a little note in the box but found it on the floor AFTER I sealed the box! :(

My mother in law is fading fast. The doctor called last night and talked to DH for quite a while. He may very well have to leave the rendezvous and go straight to Lansing, MI. I will be busy here making sure is clothes are all ironed and ready to pack so he can go as quickly as need be. He is the executor of her estate and will have a lot of work to do when the time comes. The stress is already getting to him. He was napping yesterday and I covered him with the Circle of Comfort quilt I received and he slept like a baby. He sure needed the rest. I am sure he could feel the love and prayers that are in that quilt.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Hugs and prayers to all.

Bubby
April 27th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Good Morning,

We slept in this morning a little. anything after 4 am is sleeping in for us...isn't that sad! We had rain all day yesterday and more in the forecast for today.

I did some fabric shopping locally yesterday and bought some pretty blue prints for a surprise quilt for someone. I'm always amazed at what nice fabric I can find here in our little town.

I made some super easy lemon cookies a few days ago and used some of them last night for making strawberry shortcake and it was so-o-o good.

Mix one dry lemon cake mix with 2 eggs, 1/3 cup oil and 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice. Stir by hand until it comes together. The dough will be soft. Drop teaspoons of dough into a bowl with powdered sugar and roll the dough around until coated with the sugar. Bake the balls on an ungreased cookie sheet at 375 degrees for 6-8 minutes, until the bottoms are barely golden. Cool on a rack and dust with more powdered sugar. Makes 36 cookies. These cookies are soft and moist. I layered the cookies with berries and homemade whipped cream and it was wonderful.

I'm off to Lumosity for my morning brain workout. I hope everyone has a great day! Hugs, Barb

MayinJerset
April 27th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Morning gals, Sad news about your MIL Donna, can understand how upsetting it is for your DH.

Quick coffee and toast this morning, making a P&B sandwich for my lunch and then off to open up building for Guild's April Pillowcase Sew In. Asked DH to accompany me there to open and set up tables, etc. We meet at a building in a small park and there aren't any other activities going on today so I'd be alone until some of the sewers begin to trickle in. We meet from 9am to 2pm, some gals bring their lunch and stay for the entire time and some come for a few hour but we are glad to have them whatever time they can give. A few guild members might stop by to check out books in our library or look for some fabrics in the Guild's stash so it usualy is a nice and friendly day. Saturday is a busy day for many guild members so some sew pillowcases at home and drop them off at our guild meetings. We usually sew up about 1,000 cases or more a year. I'll be talking to social worker at a local hospital that just opened a Pedicatic Care Unit to see if they would like us to supply some bright and cheerful pillowcases for the kids. May

aliaslaceygreen
April 27th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Good morning! It's our 11th wedding anniversary and I am heading to NC to visit with an aunt and some cousins, and Timmy will be working overtime.... whoops.... I posted a blog this morning, you can check it out...and yes, there are pix of him in his kilt!

Donna, sorry abt your MIL... hope that your DH has the chance to regroup and get some him time in before all this comes to the fore...

Well, off to get driving ( my cousin's wife has a list of quilt shops, in case we have a chance to sneak out!!!!!)

Jean Sewing Machine
April 27th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Good Morning Mary, it is another rainy day here in the Ozarks isn't it. :( I hope it stops and clears off soon. They guys need to finish packing the cargo trailer for their trip to the rendezvous, of course, I call it there "drinking and telling lies party". LOL I was hoping they would get done and be outta here today but if it keeps raining it will be tomorrow before they take off. :( I am SO ready for some peace and quiet and not having to cook and do so many dishes.)

I am finally getting my 2 quilts mailed off to Marilyn today for the children's hospital donation. I thought I had put a little note in the box but found it on the floor AFTER I sealed the box! :(

My mother in law is fading fast. The doctor called last night and talked to DH for quite a while. He may very well have to leave the rendezvous and go straight to Lansing, MI. I will be busy here making sure is clothes are all ironed and ready to pack so he can go as quickly as need be. He is the executor of her estate and will have a lot of work to do when the time comes. The stress is already getting to him. He was napping yesterday and I covered him with the Circle of Comfort quilt I received and he slept like a baby. He sure needed the rest. I am sure he could feel the love and prayers that are in that quilt.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Hugs and prayers to all.

Donna, you and your husband and his mother are in my prayers. I hope things are peaceful for her, and that you can get things settled without a lot of troubles with it. So sorry for this.

WendyI
April 27th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Morning all....woke grumpy and sore today. Fighting with Apple last night. Not impressed. However the sun is shining and its a new say so will try to cheer up. Donna, so sorry to hear about your MIL. Hoping things go smoothly when te time comes and she passes peacefully.

Everyone! have a spendid day! In Blondies honour I will attempt to plaster on a smile and attack the day with exuberance! :D

Sandy Navas
April 27th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Donna, sending special hugs to Daniel and sure hope he can make his trip without a break up - this hanging around waiting for the inevitable is so difficult - BTDT.

Gonna be a very busy day here - just got a call that our food co-op truck is running an hour late. That means hurry up and wait, wait, wait. Not fun at all, especially since I'll probably be making calls to keep peeps from showing up early to pick up food that isn't there.

It has been a crazy last few days here - oldest DGD has caused so much havoc the last few days involving a whole lot of unsuspecting people. It's times like this that you want to grab someone by the shirt collars and shake . . .

One of these days I certainly hope I can sew, sew, sew. My relocation is almost complete with everything crammed into a little space save my sewing machine collection - and the projects that are looming are overwhelming.

Prayers for those in need, special prayers for Daniel, Blondie and her wonderful Ruth, to Dena who knows why, to Wayne, to Alison, Stewart, Angel, Emily, and a long list of others who live in my heart!! If I haven't mentioned someone who needs prayers (like my Gayle), it's only because the list is so long.

Hugs to friends! And

http://cdn.idlehearts.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Use-your-smile-to.jpg (http://www.idlehearts.com/use-your-smile-to-change-the/4836/)

ilive2craft2
April 27th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Sun is shining here. Am off to pick up breakfast for myself, sis and mom at Hardees and then spend some time with them at mom's assisted living appt. I have not been very good about stopping by lately. Got to get my rear in gear!

Donna, this is such a difficult time for all of you. I pray that the peace of our Lord is with all of you during this time.

Sun is shining here and it is supposed to be warm. Off to do some gabbing! Smile everyone :) Lisa

auntiemern
April 27th, 2013, 12:59 PM
So sorry to hear about your MIL Donna. Will say extra prayers for all of you.
Happy Anniversary Trish.
Taking it easy most of the day. I did finish hand quilting a baby quilt for a friend. Will try to get the binding done today. The one new med he has me on, doesn't like me. It will take a few days for my body to get used to it. Spent most of the day in bed yesterday with a killer headache, and general yukky feeling. Will babysit at DD's later today. Should be an easy time of it though. At least one of them is spending the night at a friends, maybe 2 (the older ones). Bubby is easy, and his BFF (my great nephew) is up this week end from the country to spend the week end with his granny, my sis, that lives next door to DD.
Hugs and blessings to all, prayers for those in need.

toggpine
April 27th, 2013, 01:49 PM
I'm going to try hard to smile today.

No sewing for us today. It is barn cleaning time! My title today is "Manure Moving Maven or Pitchfork Princess!"

I will get the two "clearance sale" peonies in the ground today. That should do it for the smile portion. Well. I guess I'll be happy when the barn is clean too. I just may not be able to move tomorrow!

Have a good one, even if your day is crappy!
Cathy