PDA

View Full Version : It's Friday, the end of another week.

Monique
April 26th, 2013, 07:35 AM

Good morning friends. I have been MIA for a couple of days. My computer needed some TLC and now we are all good. I did manage to get my taxes done last night. Refunds are always nice.

I did get a call from hubby last night. He is enjoying his trip and misses me terribly. Would I be a bad wife and say that I have not missed him all that much. I am just enjoying this time alone. I can eat when I want, do what I want with no one behind me. Know what I mean? I do miss him don't get me wrong.

I have another two weeks of work left. I will be glad to have a break. This split shift is really hard, 8-11 and then back again for 3:15-5:45. Work tomorrow and then off to my friend's for a seafood supper. Her husband is gone with mine and he is allergic to shellfish. On Sunday I have a bridal shower to attend. Busy busy busy.

Well have a wonderful day friends. Blondie wants us all to SMILE!! so smile I shall.

MRoy
April 26th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Good morning! I'm so glad this work week ends today. The hardest part of my job is to deliver termination notices. I delivered one yesterday and I have another to deliver today if the employee is at work (both in the same office!). I'm on an adrenaline rush until the meeting is over because I never know how the person will react. Then I sorta crash afterwards. Thank goodness I don't have to do this very often and after Aug 1 I won't be doing it at all.

Monique, you're not a bad wife if you've not missed your husband a lot. As much as we love our spouses, sometimes we need a break from them to do our own thing. We need girl time just like they need guy time.

Happy Friday everyone!

Bubby
April 26th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Good Morning,

We had a great trip to the city yesterday. I got to shop at the quilt shop and a wonderful fabric store I'd never been to before. We spend hours walking around Bass Pro and Jeff bought some new camo shirts and a turkey call. We ate a great lunch and picked several items up at Sam's Club and then made the long drive back home....happy campers! You won't believe this, but I didn't buy any fabric in either store....talk about being uninspired!

With Hubby home until Monday I probably won't get any sewing done. We're going to try to mow before the rain comes today. We are waiting for sunrise and then we'll be busy!

Special prayers again for Blondie and her Mom (Ruth).

Will check in later....Hugs All Around....Barb

CrazyMtnLady
April 26th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Good rainy morning. Woke to the sound of the rain pitter-patting on my roof. I could have stayed in bed and slept but with our company being an early riser it is kind of difficult to stay in bed.

Monique: No you are not a bad wife. I am SO READY for the guys to take off for their "rendezvous" tomorrow and looking forward to my 10 days of peace and quiet. DH is so torn between staying home because his mom is being moved to a hospice center today. I told him to go and try to enjoy himself. His mother would not want him to stay home and sit around waiting for the call that he needs to head to Michigan to take care of things. The have now changed her prognosis from a few months to only 1 to 2 months. I know he will have to leave soon enough. He is so stressed he needs to get away and have a little time to enjoy himself.

Prayers for Blondie and her mom. Hope everything is going fine there.

Hugs and prayers to all.

shermur
April 26th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Thank goodness it is Friday! It's been a challenging week and no time in my sewing room (bad me)! Yesterday was take your child to work day.....daughter got bored by the 1.5 hour mark....glad this week is coming to an end. although, there is softball tournament this weekend....

Mpyles
April 26th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Good morning!

Not a lot here....raining.....have to work...sleepy...

Have a great day!

Evilynn
April 26th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Good afternoon!

Finally, it's Friday. Well another week is coming to an end. My hubby is still at work, it's 3 pm. I don't have many duties at the moment. As long MIL is here I am not even allowed to lift my own kid. *sighs* But we did have a talk and it cleared things a bit up. She is a great person. She understands I think. She explained to me that the urge to 24/7 clean is born from her education. Her mother would have her always work, when a friend was over she still said "you can also chat doing the dishes!" and so on. Now I understand that better, I try to respect that.

I explained her how it feels for me and I think she understood .) We shall see

Have a nice day everybody!

Monique: No you're not a bad wife. Although I miss my hubby dearly already although he is just off for work. Guess we're not long enough together yet :D

Lisapc
April 26th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Steffie:

I am happy that you cleared things up with your MIL, I am sure it will go better for you both now. I have been with hubby for 10 yrs and if he didn't call me 3 times a day I would be sad. I take that 1 minute call to check in as a huge "I love you". If you are lucky you will never stop missing him. That doesn't mean you don't need time apart either. I swear when he leaves for work in the morning I give half a sigh of relief, then when my son gets on the school bus I give the rest of that big sigh. My next 1/2 hour is just mine and the only time that is just mine.

Monique:

My hubby is a picky eater so I take the chance whenever he is late from work due to a meeting or when I am at my parents to indulge in food he doesn't like. I get that. I occasionally miss being able to do what I want without anyone else there to think of so enjoy it for all of us that feel that way. Thank you for starting our day today.

I am off in a little bit for errands and then have a busy weekend ahead. My son's first baseball game tomorrow, my GD Kora for the day and evening then my DD and Lil' Miss Lillyana are coming from NY on Sunday. I will get some baby time. I haven't seen her in over a week. I like my little ones around. The big one I can keep close by phone most of the time.

Have a great spring day to all and if you have sun enjoy it. If you have rain, take a nap!

Praying for all who need it!

Sandy Navas
April 26th, 2013, 10:21 AM
A busy work day here. Why did I ever sign up for this? Tired, and my lower back is truly on edge. I sure hope I make it through the day. Yesterday work was cancelled and I was ecstatic!! Got a lot accomplished in the sewing room.

Hugs to all - with continued prayers to Blondie and her wonderful Ruth. Hoping to hear truly good news.

MayinJerset
April 26th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Not much going on today here either. DH is off to PT and then to school for some photo lab work. The semester is almost over so he needs to catch up with his photos. I'll sew some and then do some errands. Need a new Spring wreath for front door so I'll take a look at Michael's, haven't been there in some time. Will pick up a few extra flowers to decorate my straw hat. Guild is having our Mother's Day Brunch soon and we are encouraged to wear hats, gloves and use our best china cups.

Around 5pm I need to stop at the home of my friend and co-coordinator of guild's Project Pillowcases. We don't have a storage closet at our guild's meeting/workshop building so we have to keep our supplies in our homes and bring them to the sew ins. She can't make it tomorrow so I need to pick up the supplies she has. Since we'll be about an hour away from home so close to dinner time we'll find somewhere to have an early dinner. Need to go through our restaurant gift certificates to see if we can use one of them tonight, Red Lobster or Friday's sounds good. I don't have to cook and the meal will be pretty much free, can't beat that!

WendyI
April 26th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Morning all! So VERY relieved that it is Friday. Going to try and do some spring cleaning this weekend so not too much of an exciting weekend to look forward to but at least I won't be at work.

Steffie, I'm so very glad you spoke to your MIL! That must be such a relief!!

Well I'm off to see if I can find a new doctor and then get some work done so this day can be over. ((((HUGS)))) to everyone..thinking of Blondie and her mom today. Marilyn I sure hope you are feeling better today.

auntiemern
April 26th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Was hectic around here this AM. Always is when I have the kids overnight. But I do prefer that, I get them right before bed, then up and ready for school. Not for hours on end, and them getting BORED, which is NEVER a good thing. We do have Gabe all day today, since he doesn't have school on Fridays. He is an absolute joy to have around though. The girls....well they can try my patience.
Monique, don't feel bad about enjoying not having DH around. I look forward to my DH going to the lake for 2-3 days a couple times a month. He retired in 2001, and believe me, there is nothing good about having them around 24/7. I like being alone, so that doesn't bother me. I just need more of it. I know, I know...some gals think it would be wonderful to have their hubby's home all the time. Wait til after the first 6 months and then tell me that, LOL. Wishing everyone a blessed day. Hugs for all, and prayers for those in need. Special prayers for Blondie and her dear mom, Ruth.

GinnyKNC
April 26th, 2013, 12:26 PM
I can still say Good Morning in my part of the world even though it's pushing noon. I'm so thankful that it is Friday. I've been so stressed out trying to find a job that I need the weekend to recover! I also have a 25% of entire order for JoAnne that I need to use by tomorrow lol - so I think a drive is in order tomorrow :)
Have a wonderful blessed weekend everyone.

EmmaB
April 26th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Hi all. I'm so thankful this week is coming to an end. Spending the evening out with some friends to watch the ballgame tonight. Can't wait!!!

Good thoughts and prayers to everyone!!

shannonsaulter
April 26th, 2013, 01:39 PM
GM all I was up at 7 had to take my Bailey to the vet will pick her up later,,She HATES the vet....I am off to lunch with my DD and friends later then will do some hexie work and maybe some DP( work as well...Hope everyone has a great day!

HdWench
April 26th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Good Morning! Had a great nights sleep, going to doc again today. Blondie many thoughts and prayers for you and your mom!

Got peg board for remodeling sewing room, but they are sitting on back porch STILL waiting for DH to cut them and frame them *sigh* wonder how many weeks this will go on.

Need to do serious folding and packing away of some fabrics to get the guys room to MOVE around in my room and move furniture into better placement. Working still on the 1 Layer Cake + 1 Jelly Roll = Quilt. Making more strips for Scrappy Trip blocks and plotting out an easy and quick quilt4kids. Have 2 purses on my list as well.

Have a great day all and a wonderful weekend!!

LOL agree Marilyn! After I married my DH we worked in the same building, so drove to work together, shopped together ugh - then retirement and 24/7 -- I swear some days if he starts on one of his Blah Blah rants I want to DUCT tape him!! Trying to find him ANY thing to go do away from house -- Yes we love them, but after 25+ years a long week (or even a few DAYS) break would be sooooooo lovely!

:-Debbie