PDA

View Full Version : Quiz at School

phoots
April 26th, 2013, 01:16 AM
I don't know if many of you know much about math. I can usually do pretty well, being that my Dad has been a math teacher (high levels ie: trig, calculus, etc.). But at school last night we were doing ratios. I am not friendly with ratios. We don't even speak the same language.

Well, last night at school we had a quiz on...you guessed it...ratios! I don't have my grade yet, but I can only guess that I didn't do very well. I'm doing really well on everything else, so I'm not worried about one little quiz. I take my final for this class on May 8th and I'll bet there will be a couple of ratio question there.

It's one little section of one little class and I've still got a lot to go. I am not worried at all...except we were practicing taking blood pressure. I put the cuff on a classmate and put those things in my ears and heard NOTHING!!!! Nothing at all!! I tried twice!! And I heard nothing!! Crap!

Pam in Vegas

Lisapc
April 26th, 2013, 01:27 AM
If that happens again try the other arm. Place the cuff as squarely as possible just above the crook of the elbow and the steth right on the crook of the elbow. Make sure you are pumping to 180 and then just listen. My hubby's pressure is usually 90/54 so it may be a while for some people.

I know you know that already so maybe your partner is a vampire?

I hate ratio and struggled to remember it. I would learn it and if I didn't use it for a few weeks would have no concept how to do it again. Then the last time I took it I made myself do ratios on everything at least once a week or so for months until I finally didn't forget it.

You will do fine, just take a deep breath and try not to stress.

shannonsaulter
April 26th, 2013, 03:25 AM
Hang in there and practice practice...

rebeccas-sewing
April 26th, 2013, 06:04 AM
They say practice is the key to most things. Those practicing FMQ are getting better. Practice ratios and you will get better at them. Good luck!

Monique
April 26th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Pam wishing you all the best.

MRoy
April 26th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Hang in there Pam!

Iris Girl
April 26th, 2013, 08:07 AM
hang in there it will all work out

auntiemern
April 26th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Wishing you all the best. Don't feel bad about the BP thing. Took 3 nurses a total of 6 times to finally get mine Mon. Yesterday it took her twice. She couldn't hear anything on my left, but finally got it on the right. The better the stethoscope, the easier it is to hear also.

EmmaB
April 26th, 2013, 12:43 PM
There are lots of good math tutorials on the internet. Try doing a search for ratios and there could be one that helps it all "click " for you.

phoots
April 27th, 2013, 12:37 AM
Thank you, everyone!!

Pam in Vegas