PDA

View Full Version : Diagnosis is in

auntiemern
April 26th, 2013, 12:38 AM
Went to the doctor today. I do not have hyperthroidism. What I do have is steroid induced hyper anxiety disorder. The culmination of EVERYTHING I have been through the last 5 months, The mystery rash that took 3 months to figure out, of which I was only off of Prednisone for max 3 days at a time, then would do the high dose step down routine. I was still on a maintenance dose of 10mg. Then the injury to both of my toes (which by the way are still not healed because of the steroids). Add to that watching my 3 grand children 45-60 hrs per week, and being ever vigilent that they did not step on one or both of them. They are great kids, but can be a handful. (10,6,3) Then when I had the bronchial COPD exascerbation, and was put back high doses again, was more than my body and brain could take. I already had generalized anxiety due to PTSD over what happened to Gabe. So, after being on the steroids for 5 months my brain said, enough is enough, and pushed me over the top. He changed a couple of my meds and added a couple. Could take a while to get back to 100 %, but at least there is an end in sight.
Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes. Hope to be back to my normal, happy, less b*tchy self before to long. Gonna always have a little Grumpy in me though :D. Part of my charm, lol.

K. McEuen
April 26th, 2013, 12:43 AM
Glad they figured it out. It would be nice if you could find someone else to help with the grandkids to give you a break too. That is more than a full time job, as much as you watch them and with being sick you get worn down too easily. A pair of steel toed boots might help too. ;)

SisterDi
April 26th, 2013, 12:45 AM
Ugh...prednisone is such a miracle drug, but such a bugger with the side effects. I'm getting itchy just thinking about hyper anxiety....I need an extra klonopin.

I hope that your adjustments go smoothly, and you are back to yourself in no time.

auntiemern
April 26th, 2013, 12:47 AM
Can't even wear tennis shoes yet. Thank goodness the weather is warming so I can wear my Croc sandals, that I love.
Glad they figured it out. It would be nice if you could find someone else to help with the grandkids to give you a break too. That is more than a full time job, as much as you watch them and with being sick you get worn down too easily. A pair of steel toed boots might help too. ;)

Mpyles
April 26th, 2013, 12:55 AM
Good to hear you got some answers!!

phoots
April 26th, 2013, 12:59 AM
Wow! I'm so glad the doctor was able to figure out what was wrong. I'll still be praying for you!

Pam in Vegas

RachelMichelle
April 26th, 2013, 01:13 AM
Im so glad they finally figured out what was wrong Marilyn. I hope you get back to 100% soon!

Kaytessa
April 26th, 2013, 01:28 AM
Praying for a speedy recovery .

BellasQuilts
April 26th, 2013, 01:58 AM
Glad to hear the good news!

Winniesfriend
April 26th, 2013, 02:01 AM
Glad you hear you have a diagnosis and are fixable :).

Evilynn
April 26th, 2013, 03:45 AM
I am glad they finally found answers! I hope you're on the road for full recovery, I'll think about you, Marilyn :)

Iris Girl
April 26th, 2013, 05:55 AM
So happy they found the problems and have arranged your meds, now you can start on the track to feeling better. Hope its a quick recovery.

Jean Sewing Machine
April 26th, 2013, 06:16 AM
So wish they could wave a magic wand and make you all better right now. At least there is hope for anew regimin that hopefully gives you some relief.

Monique
April 26th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Now that you have answers, I truly hope you are back on track and SOON! Wishing you a speedy recovery.

MRoy
April 26th, 2013, 07:57 AM
I'm glad the docs finally figured out what's wrong and hope it turns around quickly. We love you, even "little Grumpy" too!

ilive2craft2
April 26th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Yeah! Sometimes just a diagnosis, so that you have something to focus on helps. I am so glad they found something that is fairly easily treated and will get you back to your "normal" self soon... Keeping you in my prayers, Lisa

Loonwatcher
April 26th, 2013, 09:45 AM
So glad they now know what it is and how to fix it. Hang in there!

New York Sue
April 26th, 2013, 09:57 AM
I'm so glad to hear the prednisone was cut down. I'm beginning to believe that prednisone is often overused and misused after hearing about your situation, and a friend of mine, who seems to be going through a VERY similar thing. She seem to be on a better path now, and I pray you are too!
You're allowed to be GRUMPY. I would have LOST it, with all this stuff you've been through. I have very little patience it seems, for not feeling 100%. And as I get older, I'm willing to accept 85-90%. (Chalk it up to aging...) But this has been a bit 'much', chica!

Cat n bull
April 26th, 2013, 10:10 AM
So glad it's not a chronic thing like your thyroid! I sure hope you have a SPEEDY recovery now that you have an actual answer about what happened.

{{Marilyn}} And it's a female privilege to be a little *itchy when you have had a lifetime of "kid" issues to deal with, then serious med side effects on top!

EsGrandma
April 26th, 2013, 10:13 AM
So glad that there is a light to this tunnel - have taken prednisone over the years (asthma), but not in mega doses! Will continue to say prayers for you and send you "touchless" hugs - Linda

Sandy Navas
April 26th, 2013, 10:13 AM
I'm with Jean here - where's that magic wand? We need you back to normal (remember Blondie's note about being normal?) as soon as possible. I agree that Grumpy is okay. I'd hate to list my seven personalities right now.

MayinJerset
April 26th, 2013, 10:15 AM
So happy we will soon see your normal sometimes grumpy, sometimes b*tchy self back again, we missed you. May

nanaleslie
April 26th, 2013, 10:26 AM
So glad your doc figured it out. I hope you heal up really quick and get back to your normal, bitchy, grumpy self!!!!! lol:D

WendyI
April 26th, 2013, 11:28 AM
I'm so glad to hear the prednisone was cut down. I'm beginning to believe that prednisone is often overused and misused after hearing about your situation,

I totally agree. As an asthma sufferer my doc used to push prednisone on me...the side effects of that crap are horrifying! I finally refused to take it when another doctor asked me if I wanted joint pain and to break a leg or hip...when I asked what he meant he told me it is very hard on your bones! My doctor was such a freakin IDIOT! If you can get off it, if at all possible, then I'd strongly suggest it. I will never, EVER take that again...sometimes the cure just isn't worth it. After I started investigating it I'm terrified to be on it now.

I'm really glad to hear you are back on the mend and that it's something as simple as a medication change! well not simple...but at least not something chronic!

Bubby
April 26th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Marilyn..At least you know now what's been dragging you down and you can begin to deal with it. It's sad it took the docs so long to figure this out. It will take a while, but it will be worth it. Looking forward to you feeling more like your usual self....Hugs, Barb

SallyO'Sews
April 26th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Thanks for the update - we will continue to pray!
Blessings, ~ Sally \0/

Wwena
April 26th, 2013, 02:58 PM
It must be a relief to get some answers - even though they might not have been what you thought they sound plausible as far as I understand, from what you've been through!

Btw, having your grandkids that much is more than a full time job. Just saying. :)

I hope you feel better real soon!!

HandsOffItsMine
April 27th, 2013, 07:34 AM
(((Marilyn))),

Hoping that you can get some help in the GKs department to allow you to heal in your recovery. Those hours are too much for you sweetie. We ain't no spring chickens! lol As Sandy, look at the chicken she sent to Hulamoon/Lorie. That was one worn out Chickie!!

The Schmer/Steger clan love you period. <3 and huggers...

CrazyMtnLady
April 27th, 2013, 08:58 AM
So nice to hear you have been given some answers. I have been keeping you in my prayers everyday.

The package with my 2 quilts for the children's hospital will be going out today. We finally got new printer cartridges so I was able to do a click and ship. I thought I had put my note inside the box but found it on the floor after the box was sealed. But just know that I think what you are doing for the kids is wonderful and you are an awesome lady! So "Smiley Face" and "Just Ducky" are heading your way today.

Hugs.

auntiemern
April 27th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Thanks Donna. I will be keeping an eye out for them. You gals are what have kept me semi focused. Hopefully after being on the new meds I will be back to normal. At least what is normal for me ;)
So nice to hear you have been given some answers. I have been keeping you in my prayers everyday.

The package with my 2 quilts for the children's hospital will be going out today. We finally got new printer cartridges so I was able to do a click and ship. I thought I had put my note inside the box but found it on the floor after the box was sealed. But just know that I think what you are doing for the kids is wonderful and you are an awesome lady! So "Smiley Face" and "Just Ducky" are heading your way today.

Hugs.

Sew Perfect
April 27th, 2013, 12:54 PM
I am glad you know what's going on with you and that you can be fixed! I know you haven't been feeling well, and pray you are getting better all the time.