PDA

View Full Version : Lurking lately

EmmaB
April 25th, 2013, 01:42 PM
I'm just stickin my head in to say hello to everyone. I've had a super busy week not only with work but outside of work. I've been stressed about too many things this week so to relieve some of that I have been taking a few minutes to admire all the beautiful creations in the Show and Tell forum. I'm so thankful that tomorrow is Friday as this week has just been too busy and messy. I can only have myself to blame. Being a procrastinator is the pits!

I am now sharing my car with my dd19 and I will be "carless" while she is in school. It's probably not a bad thing as this will keep my keister at home on Saturdays while she is at school so I can get some things done. I only live about 2 blocks from where I work so I will be walking to and from work. Good Lord knows I need to walk anyway. Plus in June I will be going on vacation with my 2 sisters and I need to get in shape or they'll run off and leave me!

My quilt update: This past Saturday I paid a visit to my LQS and met the owner. She was soooo helpful in helping me with my emboridered blocks. I told her what I wanted to do and she said "I have a pattern for you". She whooped this pattern out and helped me with the measurements, I took notes and after picking out the PERFECT material and paying, she sent me home with exactly what to do. All the while letting me know that if I got stuck or had a question to call her or come see her. She was such a sweetheart.

I was trying to get to the Paducah quilt show, but I don't think I'm going to make it. Saturday is the only day I could go but who knows, it could stil happen. Again...that procratination thing I mentioned earlier!!!

Hope everyone is having a LOVERLY Thursday. Prayers and good thoughts to all :D

Lisapc
April 25th, 2013, 02:12 PM
I have always found the most horrible days are when I have been stuck without a car. Yet when I have a car I crave a day to just not leave the house. It's in my head. I tend to be a procrastinator as well. I feel for you.

I love the owner of my LQS. She is a funny woman who is just honest.

SandyWhite
April 25th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Yes well I'm a procrastinator too. I know what you mean. I leave things to the last minute and then rush around and wear myself out. Hubby and I share a car now that we are both retired so many days I get time at home to do what I please ..and with no hubby to disturb me. I love it.