PDA

View Full Version : Giving thanks

SallyO'Sews
April 25th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Hi, Quilty Friends!

Today I am thankful for my husband. He's just a really good man, and I am grateful.

I'm also grateful for all of you! I do so appreciate the way you care for and support one another. I'm grateful that you share your cares so freely, and for the opportunity to lift you and yours up in prayer.

Blessings on all,
~ Sally \0/

alliek
April 25th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Sally, Thanks for the uplifting message. Sometimes we take for granted those around us and you have brought this to my attention. I'll give my DH an extra hug and tell him thank you. I am grateful for this forum also and all the wonderful people on it. I keep them in my prayers every day. God is Good. Thank you quilty friend! God Bless you.

Lisapc
April 25th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Many years ago and I don't remember who but someone told me to be grateful every day for something. In the past few years I had forgotten to do that. I do pray every night a thank you to God for my family and the means to care for them but haven't stated my gratefulness for anything else. The small things matter as well as the big things.

Today I am thankful/grateful for my son's disposition. He chose our dinner tonight of bacon, cheeseburgers and a big salad. Being in charge of what is for dinner tonight turned a grumpy morning into an fun one for him. He ran onto the school bus smiling and waving.

Tanya D
April 25th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Today I am thankful for my son and his classmates. They are doing a 48 hour Bike-A-Thon to raise money for the oncology department at the Alberta Children's Hospital. They make teams and they each do a 1 hour shift on a stationary bike. Eric rode yesterday afternoon, went to lacrosse practice from 8-10:30 then went back to the school at 11 to ride again from 2:30-3:30am. I heard him come home around 4am. He slept until 7:45am then got up to shower and go back to school as the participants still have to attend classes. He rides again tonight at 7.

I am thankful that he is so selfless and that he thinks being tired is nothing compared to a little kid getting chemo and needles and ports and fighting cancer.

grannyann
April 25th, 2013, 02:44 PM
I thank God every morning for all my blessing. I consider my self a very wealthy woman with all the blessing I have. Just waking up each day is a blessing and being able to take care of myself each day and all body parts are working. Can you imagine how many blessing are in that alone.Not to mention all my family, my home and all that is in it. I could go on and on but I am very thank ful for all of God's Blessings even though there are very trying days I am still blessed.

pcbatiks
April 25th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Hi, Quilty Friends!

Today I am thankful for my husband. He's just a really good man, and I am grateful.

I'm also grateful for all of you! I do so appreciate the way you care for and support one another. I'm grateful that you share your cares so freely, and for the opportunity to lift you and yours up in prayer.

Blessings on all,
~ Sally \0/

Sally........I will just agree with everything you said........so thankful for my husband and all of you. I saw this video earlier today while I was goofing off and thought it fit how I feel about our forum friends!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmUhazsHzyI