PDA

View Full Version : Another version of the D9 block

Patrice
February 3rd, 2011, 10:12 PM
http://sundays-quilts.blogspot.com/2010/10/disappearing-9-patch-variation-on-theme.html
I just ran across this. pretty neat idea for the D9

Patrice
February 3rd, 2011, 10:16 PM
http://sisselsydilla.blogspot.com/2009/08/split-nine-patch-rectangles.html
here is another one on the same site using rectangles in the d9

craftyladysam
February 4th, 2011, 12:58 AM
Both sites were very interesting. Thanks for sharing. They look very easy don't they? I love Pearl bee site. I made three little boy ties using their tut. on making them.

bambine007
February 4th, 2011, 02:53 AM
these are very interesting!! thanks for the link!

cu&hugs
carmen

Dragonfly
February 4th, 2011, 03:29 AM
That first one where you cut across diagonally through the large square you can do the same thing across the other two corners and it gives you a whole different look again, both ways are really neat. I have seen the rectangle one before and like a lot of other things, I want to do one but it has to wait till some other things are finished first.

debinmalaga
February 4th, 2011, 09:05 AM
Thanks for sharing those links, Patrice, I especially like the first one, and added it to my mental list of things to try!

SummerK
February 4th, 2011, 10:25 AM
This is why I love the D9...there's so many options! I saw a version I loved the other day and I can't seem to find it. boo.

What she did was cut the 9 patch in quarters like normal, but then she took two of the smaller blocks and put them right sides together with the center squares at opposite ends. She then cut the block from point to point, though the center square points. So she had large triangles. When she put them together there was a really cool pattern that emerged.

I know my description does not do justice...man, I wish I could remember where I saw that.

4Grands
February 4th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Was it on the Quilting Board site? I saw one on there that sounds like that.

SummerK
February 4th, 2011, 04:17 PM
4Grands, that's it! I did a search on the quilting board and found it!

Here's the link - D9P All Shook Up (http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-95621-1.htm)

debinmalaga
February 4th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Great link! Thanks, Summer!

Keepstitchin
February 4th, 2011, 05:05 PM
These are great links! I have never done a D9P, now I know how! Thanks so much for sharing!!

Dragonfly
February 4th, 2011, 11:15 PM
Very nice Summer, that uses the first cut that Patrice had and the opposite one that I mentioned and puts them together rather than using a plain fabric with them...very clever. Thankyou for the link, I love these clever people.

SummerK
February 4th, 2011, 11:49 PM
You're welcome! I would never have thought of some of these ideas. It makes me want to play around with other blocks too.

Blondie
February 4th, 2011, 11:58 PM
Great links Patrice and Summer. I had seen the one on the QB before but not the bloggers DP9. Fun to explore possibilities.

Patrice
February 5th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Thanks so much Summer. It's amazing what people come up with..I love it and will be trying that as soon as I get my package in from MSQC. You made my day :D