PDA

View Full Version : So, Thursday??

aliaslaceygreen
April 25th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Let's call it Thursday. As Douglas Adams wrote, I never did get the hang of Thursdays!

But I am good with it, because I am OFF on Saturday!!!! OFF as in NOT AT WORK!!!!!! Whoo hoo!!!

And I have 12 days to vacation!

Haven't had a bunch of time to read, but it looks as if the continued hugs and warm thoughts being sent around are keeping everyone in check!

Hope that your day is FABULOUS!!!!

Jean Sewing Machine
April 25th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Hi Trish, thanks for starting the daily thread! This week was laid back for me, even though I did get some quilting done. Yesterday, I cleaned a bit and the director of this summer's play went over all the costumes for each character. We've got a great plan, I think. Looks like there won't be much quilting done this summer because I have a lot of work ahead of me building costumes. So, until I get some measurements, I'll finish up my quilts. I have menswear to do, including a coat for a hunchback, and then a glowing female ghost. There's always a new challenge for every show!

Paducah tomorrow! Get to hang with some other forum members, Rhonda and several others. We leave St. Louis at 6 a.m. Return about midnight, so it will be a full day. Can't decide if I should take a small or large tote, or one on wheels. Last year, carrying my bag was fairly agonizing by the time the day was over, I SHOPPED BIG TIME! Rhonda will attest to that, she helped me carry my burden.

Hope you all have a great day!

Bubby
April 25th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Good Morning,

Jeff is off today and we are heading to Springfield to spend the day...Bass Pro, quilt shops, the mall, etc. We haven't been to the city just for fun in a while. I heard about a terrific fabric store I want to check out...sort of an insiders only kind of place.

Jean, have a terrific time in Paducah and enjoy your time with Rhonda!

Wishing everyone a great Thursday! Hugs, Barb

buckeyequilter
April 25th, 2013, 09:02 AM
http://www.commenthaven.com/graphics/thursday/thursday-falling-star.gif (http://www.commenthaven.com/)

Good morning.....

Beautiful but chilly morning here in Ohio. Not much going on today...pay bills, do a little filing.

I'm getting ready to put the borders on my maple leaf quilt. Saturday morning I'm going to head out to see if I can find the backing fabric for it - I want wide fabric so hopefully I can find some.

Well better get to that bill paying....prayers & hugs

ilive2craft2
April 25th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Good Morning everyone! The sun is shining here! So happy to see it again! It's Thursday, which means we are one day closer to the weekend.... Missed out on the daily deal today, looks like it may have set a record in how fast it sold out. It sure is cute! Guess I need to start staying up for it again. :)

Hugs, smiles and prayers to those that have asked and those that haven't. Have a great day! :) Lisa

MayinJerset
April 25th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Another week almost over but at least this week I've got some things done and should be all caught up by tomorrow. Saturday I'm holding a pillowcase sew in so I like to have chores done before so I can rest and enjoy my Sunday.

Mom23
April 25th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Oh Jean, take the tote on wheels!!! Better safe than sorry.

Hi Trish, thanks for starting the daily thread! This week was laid back for me, even though I did get some quilting done. Yesterday, I cleaned a bit and the director of this summer's play went over all the costumes for each character. We've got a great plan, I think. Looks like there won't be much quilting done this summer because I have a lot of work ahead of me building costumes. So, until I get some measurements, I'll finish up my quilts. I have menswear to do, including a coat for a hunchback, and then a glowing female ghost. There's always a new challenge for every show!

Paducah tomorrow! Get to hang with some other forum members, Rhonda and several others. We leave St. Louis at 6 a.m. Return about midnight, so it will be a full day. Can't decide if I should take a small or large tote, or one on wheels. Last year, carrying my bag was fairly agonizing by the time the day was over, I SHOPPED BIG TIME! Rhonda will attest to that, she helped me carry my burden.

Hope you all have a great day!

Lisapc
April 25th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Jean: Take the tote on wheels. If you don't you may regret it.

My GD and I got to Lowes by 10:45 am yesterday and there was not one shrub left at the sale price. Oh, well! We had a great day anyway and then when the Peter's got home they had more fun. Busy day but a good day.

I am on the hunt for Coleus's today. I am using them to fill in a flower garden area behind my shed and near one portion of the rock wall that gets a ton of shade until the perennials take over. I love the lime green and the solid reds. They add such nice color and really seem to open the yard up instead of those areas becoming lost because they are so dark. I will hopefully find them today but keep them on my sun porch because it just isn't safe to plant yet.

I spent an hour at the post office yesterday trying to find my mail. Since last Wednesday we have received nothing in our box except one M* package on our doorstep. We then found out that our neighbor got the package by accident and brought it over. It turns out that another neighbor had their mail turned off for a vacation and the post office turned ours off instead. When I got my mail I received a chicken, coasters and a sweet thank you not for some scraps I had sent. I love them all and am super excited but I won't be able to post photo's until tomorrow. I really love forum mail! Now if my new M* order would be shipped I would be thrilled.

Wish you all a wonderful day full of good weather and laughter. Prayers to those that need them as well.

KatiesQuiltingCorner
April 25th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Jealous of all you Paducah goers! I wish I was there. I love hearing updates from folks at the show. I keep asking everyone if they bought a longarm yet - they don't think I'm very funny!

I'm getting over a pretty bad respiratory illness. Still coughing. Feeling tired but at least I can go to work without hacking up a lung.

Teaching at a quilt shop weekend after next so I gotta get better soon!

GinnyKNC
April 25th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Good Morning Everyone. Jean I agree with Robin - take the wheels :) and have fun.
Last night I sat down with my sandwiched quilt to start quilting and noticed that one of the blocks had a 'cut' in it :( I had to take that block out and replace it and I must say it was not easy but it's done. Now to start the quilting tonight so I can get that one completed and out the door. I have so many to get to :)
I'm a bit stressed out which is causing me to get migraines on an almost daily basis and they really take your day away. I'm being laid off in two weeks so I'm working and job hunting at the same time which is stressful. I want to quilt as much as possible because it calms me down :).
It's a beautiful out already and I pray everyone has a blessed day.

CrazyMtnLady
April 25th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Good morning. Just got finished feeding the guys breakfast and I am relaxing before I have to go out and do some more laundry. I need to start getting DH's clothes and things packed up for the rendezvous. They will be leaving in a few days.

Barb...We spent the day in Springfield the other day too... went to Bass Pro...boy are they expensive in there. I guess they want us to pay for all the remodeling they are doing to the museum. Didn't buy a thing there.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Hugs and prayers to all.

buckeyequilter
April 25th, 2013, 11:15 AM
We spent the day in Springfield the other day too... went to Bass Pro...boy are they expensive in there. I guess they want us to pay for all the remodeling they are doing to the museum. Didn't buy a thing there.

DH mentioned Bass Pro this morning....said "oh we can just go look, don't need to buy anything" and I thought...yeah, like that's gonna happen. So I need to get busy scouting out quilt shops up that way *haha*

Claire Hallman
April 25th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Please check before taking a rolling tote, I heard they were not allowed and better to have something than not being able to use the rolling one.
I am taking a tote from TJ Maxx that is very light but roomy. I got one of those for my 4 travel companions, too.
If you see me, please say hello and I will try to do the same though I might not recognize you from your avatar.
we are leaving here at 6:00 am and coming home on Sunday, woohoo, never thought I would be able to make that trip.

pcbatiks
April 25th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Good morning..........for all of you going to Paducah..........have fun, take pictures, shop and report back to us! Hope you all have a great time!

shannonsaulter
April 25th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Hi everyone and GM..for me its my weekend starting today 4 days off then I have to work days for 4 days of yearly training then another 4 off..So it will be a good week :)
Hoping to set some work done around the house and some sewing..need to work on my DD DP9 since I got more fabric in the mail..
Hope everyone has a great day!

Monique
April 25th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Hello everyone. I am back. My computer has been in the computer hospital since Tuesday. Running good now. Not much happened. I did have a sleep over at a friend's house last night. Not much quilting is happening right at the moment. I finish work in two weeks and will be glad to have time off for a while. I am so tired. House cleaning is suffering terribly. There are just no enough hours in the day. Oh well.

Y'all have a wonderful day. I am going to try and play catch up a bit.

WendyI
April 25th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Afternoon all...I've been lurking in and out today as I have a spare moment or two! It's starting to pick up at work which is nice...makes the days go faster but then I'm tired when I get home. Counting the years to retirement is a bit depressing so for now I'll just focus on the weekends! LOL!

Hoping Blondie's mom is doing well.

Jean, if you can take the wheelie cart then that's what I would do! I can't wait to see all your pics!!

Gardening cleanup weekend around here. Have to assess our pond and see how we're going to fix it up. Might have to hire some tough guys to come move some of the larger rocks. sigh. This getting old thing is for the birdies!!

Honeycamp
April 25th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Hello everyone
I called Blondie last night to see how everythiing went with her sweet, sweet mama. Blondie was tired and informed me that her mama was admitted after the surgery for the onset of pneumonia. I am thinking that perhaps some here would like to offer up some prayer for her mama (Ruth) and for Blondie who I am certain is giving her due diligence for her the care her mother is receiving.

I thought I would take this moment to share just how special a woman Blondie is. One day last week she drove over to my house which is in the next town over, with some irises for my parents yard. When she saw what a mess I had on my hands, she suggested that she could call one of her clients who has a landscape business. They came earlier this week and bush hogged the back and cleaned up the front. They charged me nothing because they told me that Blondie always sent them business, this would be a repayment for the generousity of spirit that she has. My parents as you know are infirm and when I showed them later the results of the garden people, they were as happy as clams, exclaiming they couldn't remember when they last saw their back yard. I think I will be able to maintain it now. I even planted the irises that she shared with me. They are some of her grandma's irises. It was a very fortunate day when I met her. She told me when she did my hair the other week, her work was never only about hair. I must agree with her. She is more than a hairdresser, she is a special treasure. Please keep this sweet lady in your thoughts and prayers.

sincerely
Honey

pcbatiks
April 25th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Thanks for sharing that story with us Honey.............prayers being said for Blondie and her mom.

Jean Sewing Machine
April 25th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Please check before taking a rolling tote, I heard they were not allowed and better to have something than not being able to use the rolling one.
I am taking a tote from TJ Maxx that is very light but roomy. I got one of those for my 4 travel companions, too.
If you see me, please say hello and I will try to do the same though I might not recognize you from your avatar.
we are leaving here at 6:00 am and coming home on Sunday, woohoo, never thought I would be able to make that trip.Took your advice and bought a new backpack. Also will take a light bag for " overages"! i won't be wearing my tophat, Claire, but maybe we'll run into each other and say hi!