PDA

View Full Version : Heather left last night.

Divine Daisy
April 24th, 2013, 12:24 PM
When did my pretty baby become such a mad scientist?

Ok, around the age of 3 but at least she did it at home. She left last night for Ghana to work on a natural gas pipeline. I hate it when she chuffs off to these faraway, dangerous places. Her first job when she arrives is to move the rig, and she thinks they may well break one of the legs when they do it. There was a very full explanation why this may happen which I would share with you if I hadn't switched off around the time she started mentioning hydrolics and wave strength calculous.

So there we are, she is away for 6 to 8 weeks, out of communication for 90% of the time. We take silence as good news. If there was bad new the company would get hold of us but these trips age me I can tell you. Her new quilt will be on her bed when she returns so she can snuggle up in it when she gets home. Her partner will put it on the bed all ready.

She will be hot and wet as the rainy season has started and has all kinds to 'stuff' with her so she doesn't get trenchfoot (nice),face cream and her kindle. Time will pass and she will return until the next time lol.

Tanya D
April 24th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Aww, I know you will miss her terribly. I will keep her in my prayers that she returns home safe and sound, and with no broken legs. Her quilt will be a very nice welcome home from her aging mommy :)

Divine Daisy
April 24th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Aww, I know you will miss her terribly. I will keep her in my prayers that she returns home safe and sound, and with no broken legs. Her quilt will be a very nice welcome home from her aging mommy :)
Awwww Tanya thank you. They might break one of the rig legs though, not one of Heather's! thank God! Mind you, at least they would send her home if she broke one of her own lol

Tanya D
April 24th, 2013, 12:53 PM
HAHAHA, oh boy, do I feel silly!!!! Sorry...hope I atleast made you laugh with my stupidity :)

nana margaret
April 24th, 2013, 01:04 PM
I know how you feel, we worry about them when they're small but I think we worry even more when they've grown. My daughter, like yours, has a job which means travelling abroad from time to time and I always worry about her. Some of the places she used to go to are now war torn, mostly the Middle East (she's an archaeologist working in a museum) and it makes me shudder when I see places where she used to spend time. I'm making her a quilt at the moment too, something to remind her of home, she lives in Wales. Your daughter will be very touched when she sees hers, the fabric you're using is fabulous and it will be a lovely surprise to come home to.

Jean Sewing Machine
April 24th, 2013, 01:56 PM
You've got to let the little birds fly from the nest, don't you? But that doesn't make it any easier on you! Wishing Heather much luck, no broken legs, although in theatre we say "break a leg" instead of good luck! I hope she finds her work rewarding and the people in the country where she is going recieve her with hospitality. I've known many African native immigrants through my college classes, and have found most of them to be delightful brilliant people. Most of them, there's always an occasional pain in the you know where in any group. She'll love that quilt on the bed when she returns!

auntiemern
April 24th, 2013, 02:15 PM
How proud, and yet sad and worried you must be. It is so very hard for our babies to be that far away from us, no matter what age they are. Easier said than done, but try not to worry. She will be thrilled with her new quilt being on her bed when she returns. Hang in there momma. Will have you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Evilynn
April 24th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Aww. I can so understand. Well. Let's be honest. I can't. My baby is too small. But just thinking of her far away... ugh. Must be tough! I understand my mummy I am thousands of kilometres away from her... but hey! Hang in there and I am sure she will just love the new quilt waiting for her. She sounds like a very smart person, so you have every reason to be proud of her! :)

kensington
April 24th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Will add her to my prayer list for God's safe keeping! You gotta speak Peace to yourself momma. That's what we gotta do.

rebeccas-sewing
April 24th, 2013, 04:51 PM
She sounds like a very adventurous young lady! I wish her well.

Lisapc
April 25th, 2013, 12:32 AM
She is an intelligent and independent young woman. Just as you raised her. Congratulations! How is her quilt coming along?

Sew Perfect
April 25th, 2013, 12:37 AM
Awe...Daisy, I'm sorry. This is quite an adventure for her, but as a mother, I quite understand your feeling. When my daughter went off to Korea for 3 weeks, I missed her and worried about her. We will keep Heather in our thoughts and prayer for her safe return home AND for you to have comfort while she's away.

Mpyles
April 25th, 2013, 12:44 AM
Wow, what an interesting and productive life she leads!! Quite a young lady you have raised I would say!! I understand the worry...I worry when mine goes across town...can't imagine across the world. Tho I too have a very resourceful daughter that will start college next fall...yikes...now I will be admitted to the mental hospital...lol. Will keep you and her in my prayers.

phoots
April 26th, 2013, 01:08 AM
Daisy, I will keep your daughter in my prayers for a safe return. Take care of yourself!

Pam in Vegas

EnumclawGramma
April 26th, 2013, 01:58 PM
It really is hard to watch them go, and such a celebration when they return, and I don't know how to make the time in between easier. Except to pray and believe that she is what she is because you raised her. She's out there being her "best self". You should be SO proud! Try not to worry, keep busy with her quilt, stay positive. She's got this Mama. She is YOUR offspring! Have confidence!