PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday

Mpyles
April 24th, 2013, 07:06 AM
Good morning!

Up early as I have a sick breakfast cook, so I am up to go in and cover for him. Glad it's Wednesday, as that means I am off tomorrow!! Yeah!!

Here is a funny....

Everyone have a great day!!

CrazyMtnLady
April 24th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Good morning. I am up early too. Dogs needed to go out.
It was a very dreary rainy day yesterday but we had a great time going to Springfield. The guys got there black powder reloading supplies they wanted...well most of them. I didn't buy a thing. ;( Had a great feast at the Hibachi Grill Chinese buffet too.

We have to run in to our little town today to do some banking and get a few things from the grocery store. But other than that it will be a quiet day I think. It is only about 37* out right now but I don't think it is suppose to rain today. I will get a couple loads of laundry done before we go to town. Mike (our guest) is going to do the cooking today. He is making Huevos Rancheros for breakfast and a big Chicken Pot Pie for dinner.. Lucky me!

Hope everyone has a great day. Hugs and prayers to all.

Granny Judy
April 24th, 2013, 08:17 AM
I've been up awhile, too. After all the rain yesterday, I am ready for some sunshine. No plans , No pressures. Just trying to get a couple of quilt tops done/finished. Why is it those last 2 rows are the hardest for me to get done?? I just love the fabric and pattern of both and will miss them once they are finished and off my design wall.

I just hate a blank design wall... it screams at me to "DO SOMETHING with me... put up more color!!"

Hugs and prayers going out for all our Family, here. Esp Marilyn..

MRoy
April 24th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Good morning! Heading out to work shortly. It's a rainy day here. Have a good day!

MayinJerset
April 24th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Nutty weather today, sunny and 49 out but by afternoon the temp should be in the low 70's.
DH is running out of undies so I better check the hamper and do some laundry.
Thought everyone would get a kick out of this cartoon. May

ilive2craft2
April 24th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Good Morning! We are currently having a wintery mix of precipitation - YUCK!!! Supposed to be in the low 50's this afternoon, so the yucky stuff won't last long, but I sure thought it was supposed to be spring??? My hostas are coming up and the trees are budding out, so there is hope that it really is spring. Another work daoy for me, better get out the door or I will be late.... Hugs and prayers for all whether you think you need them or not. And as Blondie would say SMILE :) Lisa

Evilynn
April 24th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Good afternoon!

It's Wednesday and I am going nuts here. Now that I don't lie around sleeping all the time, my MIL is back to driving me nuts! I don't find anything in this house anymore. She is a cleaning maniac. I am stuck with her for many months now since my crappy sickness and there's not much I can do about. I think I will have to have a talk soon. Yesterday when I was in the hospital she reorganised Janna's clothes. I did that myself one week earlier!!! Not good enough, now she threw out stuff that still fit nicely... sighs.

She also cleaned out the sewing and computer area, dangerous grounds there... the boxes where I keep my 2,5'' scrap squares were totally messed up (she just threw EVERYTHING in there) it took me a while to get it sorted out. I again found my fabric scissors in the KITCHEN and I nearly exploded. I had to take a deep deep breath. Thankfully she was out taking a walk with Janna!

EArlier I tried to work on a quilt with the beautiful JR Kellie sent me... I say tried because my efforts were interrupted after 20 mins. She decided she needs to cook NOW and since I use the kitchen table for cutting and the electricity near the kitchen counteres for ironing (no where else is enough space) she shoo'd me away. In my own house!

I know I know I should be thankful that she is there and I really don't wanna be cheeky or so... I AM thankful that she is here to help me. It's just her cleaning madness 24/7 drives me really mad. It would be nice to actually FIND something in my own house!!!

Thanks for this chance to let me rant... have a nice day everybody!

Over and out

Steffie

P.S the radio station she listens drives me crazy too. PFFF! If I turn it off it takes 4 mins and it's on again... What the F!

Lisapc
April 24th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Good morning to all!

I pretty much had the day to myself yesterday but go mostly nothing accomplished. I am quilting a panel and although I ripped out my first attempt this time around it is going well. Having said that I haven't touched it in 2 days. Weird because I want to finish it.

2 days ago I got a package from M* other than that I have had no mail for 5 days. We found out last night that the package was delivered to my neighbor and she is the one who left it on our front steps. I need to go to the post office to hunt down our mail, Not that I want bills but I don't want late charges and I am expecting forum mail. I am sending some today as well. The sending makes me nervous. My taste is mine and I always worry someone isn't going to like what I send.

I fell asleep on the couch last night and woke up at 4 am. Good because the laundry is almost done and bad because I am exhausted already. I am picking up my GD, Kora this morning so my mother can go to her checkup and we have big plans. We are going to Big Lot's for some essentials and check out the fabric to see if they have any new Jelly Rolls. She loves fabric. Last Friday she brought out from my sewing room tons and tons to show my mother who was in the living room. Cute kid drove my mother nuts. Then we are off to Lowes. I saw a commercial this morning that they are selling shrubs at 3 for $10. I am going and being hopeful that they are something I can use along the front of our property. At that price I might just be able to cover the 100' of frontage before our rock wall starts in shrubs. I have always felt our home screams for that but have hesitated putting some in. I will at that price. The digging of the holes is what will be hard. The earth near the street is hard as a rock and full of rocks.

Have a wonderful day and prayers to all!

buckeyequilter
April 24th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Good afternoon!

It's Wednesday and I am going nuts here. Now that I don't lie around sleeping all the time, my MIL is back to driving me nuts! I don't find anything in this house anymore. She is a cleaning maniac. I am stuck with her for many months now since my crappy sickness and there's not much I can do about. I think I will have to have a talk soon. Yesterday when I was in the hospital she reorganised Janna's clothes. I did that myself one week earlier!!! Not good enough, now she threw out stuff that still fit nicely... sighs.

She also cleaned out the sewing and computer area, dangerous grounds there... the boxes where I keep my 2,5'' scrap squares were totally messed up (she just threw EVERYTHING in there) it took me a while to get it sorted out. I again found my fabric scissors in the KITCHEN and I nearly exploded. I had to take a deep deep breath. Thankfully she was out taking a walk with Janna!

EArlier I tried to work on a quilt with the beautiful JR Kellie sent me... I say tried because my efforts were interrupted after 20 mins. She decided she needs to cook NOW and since I use the kitchen table for cutting and the electricity near the kitchen counteres for ironing (no where else is enough space) she shoo'd me away. In my own house!

I know I know I should be thankful that she is there and I really don't wanna be cheeky or so... I AM thankful that she is here to help me. It's just her cleaning madness 24/7 drives me really mad. It would be nice to actually FIND something in my own house!!!

Over and out

Steffie

P.S the radio station she listens drives me crazy too. PFFF! If I turn it off it takes 4 mins and it's on again... What the F!

I know she's trying to help and that's so nice of her....but does she realize that by keeping you upset it is more detrimental to your healing. Stress can take a real toll on you....so it might be time for you to have that talk with her. Being "cheeky" is one thing but talking to her so you can keep your stress level to a minimum is another. Good luck :)

Lisapc
April 24th, 2013, 09:52 AM
I know she's trying to help and that's so nice of her....but does she realize that by keeping you upset it is more detrimental to your healing. Stress can take a real toll on you....so it might be time for you to have that talk with her. Being "cheeky" is one thing but talking to her so you can keep your stress level to a minimum is another. Good luck :)

Shirley is right. Stress will hurt you. You are grateful and I am sure she is looking at this opportunity to treat you as a daughter and not realizing she is treating you as a child who needs her to run your life. You need to talk to her and let her know that you appreciate her help and maybe even would be lost without it but she has to leave your belonging alone. She frankly has no right at all to reorganize anything in anyone else's home unless asked and you never shoo anyone from anyplace in someone else's house. You have a long road ahead of you and it will only get worse if you don't talk to her now!

Mom23
April 24th, 2013, 10:00 AM
I know you appreciate the help. The frustration comes from not being able to do things yourself, and from the fact she is invading your territory. I feel like you need to have sit down talk with her. Just explain your frustrations to her in a calm manner. I feel like I would be the same way as your MIL. I always have to be kept busy, and I like to help people. It would take someone telling me to calm down and relax before I would know to stop. Good luck and prayers to you, Steffie.

Good afternoon!

Over and out

Steffie

dwil23
April 24th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Good Morning everyone! Not much rain as we were promised over the last few days. Sun is shining today, too. I know that sounds strange, but we REALLY need rain. I'm off work tonight, but go back tomorrow night so I have to make myself clean house today. I need to work on a quilt tomorrow. I am making it for my friend who is giving it to her Mom for Mother's Day and time is short. The top is almost finished and then I have to quilt and bind it. Just gettng my table cleared off and everything set up is my biggest obstacle. Oh, to have a sewing room that no one else including my dear cats, goes into.:0

Everyone have a blessed deay!

ConnieNana
April 24th, 2013, 10:09 AM
I am up early because of the cat. Meow, meow, meow... I get up and she curls up and goes to sleep. Go figure. It is 39 degrees outside and overcast. I happen to love rainy weather. So, after I wake up I am going to cut fabric. When the stores open at 10:00 I am going to go buy some SAS shoes...15% off. I need three pair. I know they are expensive but they are all leather and last forever.
Then back home for more quilting.

ConnieNana
April 24th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Oh, Steffie. I so hope you can have a chat with her. She means well, but you do not need that kind of stress. Praying for you, dear heart.

pcbatiks
April 24th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Shirley is right. Stress will hurt you. You are grateful and I am sure she is looking at this opportunity to treat you as a daughter and not realizing she is treating you as a child who needs her to run your life. You need to talk to her and let her know that you appreciate her help and maybe even would be lost without it but she has to leave your belonging alone. She frankly has no right at all to reorganize anything in anyone else's home unless asked and you never shoo anyone from anyplace in someone else's house. You have a long road ahead of you and it will only get worse if you don't talk to her now!

Steffie.....I agree with the others. You should talk to her now! Yes, you need help around the house right now but no one has the right to reorganize your home. Your frustration will only get worse if you don't get her to stop. Maybe ask her how she would feel if someone came into her home and rearranged things and threw out things that belonged to her. Good luck.

aliaslaceygreen
April 24th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Good morning!! Blondie, if you take a keek in, I hope your mom is doing well... thinking of you gals!

Steffie... do talk to her. But first, tell your DH you are doing so...that way, when she goes to him about how 'ungrateful' you are being, he knows all the backstory and is willing to back you up!!!

I got nuttin' else ladies... work again...close again... then two day shifts and off to NC on Saturday for a little family gathering...

take care!

WendyI
April 24th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Morning all!! It's raining here today as well...if I was home I'd enjoy it. When the sun shines I have guilt from not working in my garden! LOL!

Steff, I PM'd you and totally agree about your MIL. She's WAY overstepping boundaries here. You need to take the bull by the horns and help her see what she is doing. (((HUGS)))

GinnyKNC
April 24th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Good Morning Everyone. A bit cloudy here today but I did get the new peonies in the ground last night with the other ones :) Also found that someone snapped off a few of my irises :( Dang kids on this street are making me crazy - actually their parents are. This spring alone they have torn out a string of my outside lights from one of my gardens and broke them all, walked all over my new flowers coming up and trashed a few of them, picked a bunch of my daffodiles and tulips when they were in bloom and now my irises! These parents sit in one of the parents yards and BS while their kids (toddlers to grade school age) all run around the street and in other yards and mess things up. They pay no attention to what they are doing! Granted we live on a culdesac, but watch your children! They put up these BIG signs that say 'Slow Children At Play' - URGH. I'm going to put up signs that say 'Keep Your Children Out of my Garden and Yard'. Sorry to vent but I just don't understand how you let little ones run around the street and not watch them. And you know they are probably giving the flowers to their moms SMH.
Well my contract is up at work on May 8th so I'm job hunting :( Prayers would be appreciated if you have time.
Have a blessed day everyone.
P.S. Does anyone else miss Blondies morning smile?

Mary Ruth
April 24th, 2013, 12:32 PM
I understand how stressful it is to have someone "taking over" your house and family. When I was pretty much in your situation I was angry most of the time. When I was finally "in charge" again it was wonderful. I found that some of the re-organizing she did was actually an improvement. The biggest bonus was that my house was clean!! I never want to repeat the experience. I'll be thinking of you and picturing you calm, relaxed, and healing quickly.

Tanya D
April 24th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Good morning everyone! Happy Wednesday...we are halfway to the weekend!!!! Woop woop :)

Steffi, I think my mom and your MIL are related. My mom is a clean freak...to the point that her house doesn't even looked lived in. When she comes to my house, you can see her looking at my untidyness. I work full time, I have two kids who play sports that take us all around the city and province and well, frankly, I'd rather sew then clean. So my house isn't always tidy. She used to come over and look after my kids when they were little and would clean my house. While I appreciated it, it felt wrong. She was there to look after my kids, not clean my house.

As hard as it will be, you need to say something to her. Yes, feelings may be hurt but the stress you are feeling is not going to help you in your recovery. As someone else said, speak to your hubby first, then sit down with MIL.

It is sunny here today and supposed to be a beautiful day. I will admire it from the window of my office :( I'd much rather be at home, perhaps cutting back my perennials so they can start to grow again.

I dropped off my Berenstain Bears quilt at the LAQ lastnight. She said she will have it done by the end of the weekend...yay! I can get the binding on it and get it to Eric's teacher by the end of next week.

Not much else going on in my world. Waiting patiently for my flannel order so I can get started on those rag quilts.

Have a great day everyone!

kensington
April 24th, 2013, 03:57 PM

I think I'd make a list of things you need to speak about. You don't want to get flustered and forget something. But, it also helps to keep you on track and firm. I'd be clear that my sewing space is a non area for her. No reason for her to go in there and or touch anything. NONE. Another, no need for her to clean out daughters clothes. Not without checking with you first as to what goes and what stays. Always checking first. And your sewing, cutting etc, is therapy for you and if you decide to cute and iron, dinner will be late or everyone can hold their plate, if you are using the table.

Make a list, stay firm, make sure she agrees before you move on. Be clear that what may look like a mess to her, like your sewing area, is very much the way you want it and where you know where stuff is. You don't want your methods changed at this time.

Do the best you can to remain calm and to the point. If that doesn't work... LOUDLY... "DON'T TOUCH MY STUFF!"

Lindagie
April 24th, 2013, 04:14 PM
It is Wednesday; therapy day for DH this morning, so I bought some fabric for a baby quilt border. When we got home there was a package from MSQC. Yeah! The sun is out now, but it still cold and wet outside, so no cutting the grass or yard work again. I should be cleaning the house, but I am ready to fall asleep. I just keep yawning. I think it must be the cold/virus/cough/whatever that I have had for the past 5 days. It wears me out.

MIL stressing you out. I think everyone else has good advice; have a little friendly chat with her about boundaries. I would say something to your DH first so he has a heads up. He may even help you out in this instance. Let her know how much you appreciate what she is doing to help, BUT you need to set some limits. Good luck!

I really want to try an oatmeal cake that I saw online, so I may go do that. After that I am going to finish my quilt top for the PICU. Hope you are all having a great day.