PDA

View Full Version : Checking in with everyone... ;)

shorte85
April 24th, 2013, 03:45 AM
Hey there everyone. :) Just wanted to check in with everyone. I'm doing good, I know a few people were checking in with me so I thought I'd post a update. :)

I haven't been doing much sewing for a couple weeks, been kind of taking a break. Been actually enjoying the nice weather, and been outside when it is even nicer to do some sticking picking up and leaf racking. Burning it all when the wind isn't too crazy.

So I am certainly still alive and kicking. :)

Hope all is well with everyone else!! :)

CJ

lilmouse
April 24th, 2013, 03:51 AM
I haven't been online much lately either....glad to know that you are okay....and we all need a break now and again...I am getting geared up to hit it again myself.....

bkthomas
April 24th, 2013, 04:02 AM
Good to here from you CJ ! I have missed you and your little red-eyed tree frog!

Evilynn
April 24th, 2013, 04:16 AM
Good to hear that everything's okay CJ! I hope you enjoy the weather and the gardening! There's more than enough time to sew when it's rainy or cooler. :)

Iris Girl
April 24th, 2013, 06:20 AM
Good to here from you CJ. everyone needs a break now and then gets the creative juices flowing. Enjoy the weather and being outdoors. we miss you and are glad your ok :icon_bigsmile:

Granny Judy
April 24th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Hey, CJ..... glad you are alright and enjoying the warmer weather. You just poke us once in awhile so we don't have to come rescue you or try to get up the ransom.. We miss your smilin' face around here.

Bubby
April 24th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Glad you're okay, CJ! Enjoy spring and working outdoors....Hugs, Barb

CrazyMtnLady
April 24th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Glad to know you are enjoying the weather. It was a very rainy day here yesterday.

I have a lot of stuff to pick up and burn also..but here int he Ozarks and on top of our little mountain it is pretty windy a lot of the time and hard to burn anything. I am sure the next nice non-windy day I will have a nice fire going. With the hundreds of acres of woods all around us, I have to be extra careful when I burn anything.

Lisapc
April 24th, 2013, 09:56 AM
I am glad everything is O.K. All that yard work is great for quilting inspiration.

Tanya D
April 24th, 2013, 12:31 PM
I'm glad you have some sunshine and nice weather to enjoy. Can you send some my way please? :)

auntiemern
April 24th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Glad to hear you are OK. We tend to worry when one of our regulars is missing. Was MIA myself for a week.

shorte85
April 24th, 2013, 09:20 PM
Thanks ladies!

Yeah, I don't know what's going on with this weather here in Michigan. One day it will be nice, to the point that we will have the windows open and letting fresh air in and then the next day it will be snowing and raining outside! I'm so tired of this flip floppy weather that I am so ready for a steady of nice days. I'm glad we were able to get some done though. We ended up buying a roller thing to attach to the lawn mower so we can flatten the yard because we have a ton of moles or a few moles who like to make a ton of mole hills. Makes it easier on us rather than walking around stomping on mole hills, lol! A friend of my husband's ended up splitting the cost to get one so that when he needs to use it he can come and use this one rather than buy another one... Saves a bit of money that way! Tomorrow and the next few days is supposed to be nicer, so I am looking forward to that.

We have some people from Lowes coming in Saturday to measure the side door of the house, and the front door. The side door we're getting new door and storm door, and the front door we're getting a new storm door for that one. We're also more than likely going to have to get a new sliding door since my hubby realized that the bearings in the door are starting to give out on us. So they'll be doing the measurements before we actually order all the doors and what not to make sure they're the right size. That's going to be a nice little chunk of money unfortunately but we know we have to do it, because the one side door is letting in so much water that we're afraid that it is going to ruin the floor or frame and etc. Although I am looking forward to getting some storm doors to let some fresh air in that way!! OH and the #1 thing is the door because it will have a window in it and I will be able to see who I am opening the door up to, where as of right now when I open the door I don't know who I am opening the door too. So that will be awesome! :)

Hope all is well with everyone else!! :)