PDA

View Full Version : More pictures taken....

Evilynn
April 23rd, 2013, 07:02 AM
Hello dear quilty friends :)

I haven't written much the last days. I felt quite exhausted... the chemo did take its toll even tho I didn't want to believe. I felt a bit sick (not too bad thankfully), very very tired and exhausted. Still I seem to take the chemo quite well, I don't have anything to complain so far. BUT:

Today I am in extremely good mood!!

I was not very excited when I saw that today have to be taken more pictures. Does this never end? I know, I know, they just want to make sure that there isn't more that we don't know of and we would have to deal with. So far so good. This time it was an appointment to take pics from my bones to see if anything has metastized there already. It was very early in the morning and I had to take even a bus one hour earlier because the schedule was so unlucky that I would have been 5 mins late if I took the later bus. Hrmpf. NOt a good start! At least the nurses are very nice. I get to chat with one of them.

I have to wait 2 hours for liquid to "work". That means 2 hours hanging around in the city without anything to do. I spent them in the local hand-work store, in the fabric store to see if there's anything interesting. Then I go back to the hospital to have finally my pictures taken. I have to wait another 20 mins because the time is not quite up yet, and I nearly fall asleep in the waiting area. Which is quite okay because I am the only one there. Then the nurse wakes me up, we go to the machine, I lay down and she wraps me up like a burrito. I have to lay still. She says it takes 24 mins to take the pictures and it's okay if I fall asleep again. I do because when the machine suddenly stops I wake up.

I am told that I'll have to wait til I see my oncologist for the results but then the doctor storms in and asks me if I ever had a trauma on my right knee. That confuses me a bit and I remember vaguely that I fell on them 3-4 years ago, quite rougly. I ask if that's something to worry and she smiles and said "No, I was just curious about your knee, your pictures are fine! There's nothing to worry, there's no bone metastasis!"

In that moment I started to cry, I am so thankful, that's good news! The doctor leaves and I see that the nurses eyes are all red too. She apologizes and says it's not very professional but because I am in her age and she has 2 kids herself...... she is quite relieved herself. So we sit there for a moment, allow the tears to flow and then we laugh and then I have to go.

Thanks for your prayers and thoughts again. It seems to help :)

This long update was brought to you by a happy

Steffie, hugs :)))

Jean Sewing Machine
April 23rd, 2013, 07:12 AM
Not only do you have the trauma of surgery, dealing with chemo, an exhausting day, but now a crabby doctor! No wonder the tears came! But it comes with good news, which must be a huge relief! So glad everything turned out OK! Rest, and know that is past you now!

Patrice
April 23rd, 2013, 07:12 AM
Thats great Steffie. Keeping you in my prayers.

Blondie
April 23rd, 2013, 07:14 AM
(((((((((((((((((((STEFFI)))))))))))))))))))))

You continue to be in my prayers, daily. And I am tearing up here. God bless you dear one.

Iris Girl
April 23rd, 2013, 07:18 AM
That is great news Steffie. keeping prayers for you, ((((hugs))))

Monique
April 23rd, 2013, 07:36 AM
Great news Steffie. <<<HUGS>>>

HandsOffItsMine
April 23rd, 2013, 07:58 AM
Wonderful news after a stressful morning by yourself.

Prayers, healing light and huggers, Ruby

Renate
April 23rd, 2013, 08:01 AM
Dear Steffie,

there could not be a better update than this one (I am also sitting here with red eyes ... and a smile). Bayrisches Unkraut vergeht nicht (sorry, I do not know the right translation).

Take care that you get enough relaxing time, that your body can take all power for regeneration.

I am thinking a lot on you .... and regards from J. Thadäus .... you know, the special guy taking care of all the special people

MRoy
April 23rd, 2013, 08:08 AM
That's wonderful news Steffie! Prayers continue. ((((HUGS))))

Lisapc
April 23rd, 2013, 08:10 AM
Steffie:

I am so happy for your and your family. I know the joy you must be feeling right now. I will continue to pray for you.

cahanes
April 23rd, 2013, 08:20 AM
So happy to hear this good news. I know you were just overwhelmed with this good report and the stress of all the days events just flowed out in your tears. You are doing great with it all and I'm sending prayers for your strength and healing. It's just a matter of time now and you will be completely healed and caring for your wonderful family. Take care.

Bailey65
April 23rd, 2013, 08:52 AM
Still praying for you Steffie (((HUGS)))

pcbatiks
April 23rd, 2013, 09:49 AM
Steffie........that is such wonderful news!! So sweet of the nurse to spend a few minutes with you & share in your good report. I was teary eyed too. Make sure and get all of the rest that you need. Continued thoughts and prayers for you! :)

asta
April 23rd, 2013, 09:54 AM
Great news! More prayers heading out for you. Take care.
Beth

GinnyKNC
April 23rd, 2013, 09:57 AM
Great News Steffie. Thoughts and prayers still coming your way.

ConnieNana
April 23rd, 2013, 10:23 AM
Prayers for you Steffie. Hang in there. You are one tough lady.

aliaslaceygreen
April 23rd, 2013, 10:34 AM
Oh, this is GREAT news!!!!

SuzyQue
April 23rd, 2013, 10:38 AM
Praises and prayers continue. What a stressful day for you, but happiness in the end. Hang in there!

EsGrandma
April 23rd, 2013, 11:07 AM
Let those joyous tears flow!! Praying for you and sending lots of hugs!
Linda

ilive2craft2
April 23rd, 2013, 11:20 AM
YEAH!! Steffie, that is great news!! Those tears were wiping away some of the stress you have been under. Tears do many good things for us and most of us don't let them fall. So happy that you had a wonderful caring nurse at your side to share the good news and the tears! Nurses are the best! Hugs and prayers, Lisa

auntiemern
April 23rd, 2013, 11:24 AM
Steffi, that is such wonderful news. It is good that you let the tears flow. All of that builds up, and it is so good to let it all go. Will continue to have you in my prayers hun. Doing the happy dance for you. (as much as I can right now ;)

SallyO'Sews
April 23rd, 2013, 11:32 AM
WOOT-WOOT!! So happy for you, Steffie! Stay healthy and take all the time you need to rest. I'm sure your DH and MIL will give you whatever help you need with your little one. Meanwhile, we will continue to pray!
Blessings,
~ Sally \0/

bkthomas
April 23rd, 2013, 12:27 PM
Thanks for your good news story!!! Happy for you!

Cat n bull
April 23rd, 2013, 01:01 PM
{{Steffie}} What wonderful news!

K. McEuen
April 23rd, 2013, 01:03 PM
Glad to hear that you are handling the chemo pretty well. If all you get from it is tired that is fantastic! Also great news that nothing has spread. I find it amazing that a scan like that can alert the doctors to an injury in the past, like to your knee. You must have hit it pretty hard for it to leave a mark on the bone, I'm sure the doctor had to ask about it because that was probably the only abnormality your scan showed.

mom4him
April 23rd, 2013, 03:16 PM
Great Great Knews. So thankful for you.

Bubby
April 23rd, 2013, 03:19 PM
I love it that you got good news!!! You are handling this so well, Steffie....you're really amazing!! Love, Barb

Tanya D
April 23rd, 2013, 04:09 PM
I'm glad they gave you the good news instead of making you wait. Now get some rest and recuperate.

alliek
April 23rd, 2013, 04:15 PM
Stressful day Steffie, but a huge relief. Ongoing prayers for you. God Bless. Get some rest.(((()))):icon_bigsmile:

nana margaret
April 23rd, 2013, 05:13 PM
That's good news, now you must be kind to yourself and gather strength. Thinking of you Steffie.