PDA

View Full Version : Wringing Out a Washcloth in Space

madampolo
April 20th, 2013, 04:11 PM
What happens when you wring out a wet washcloth in space? Watch and find out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=o8TssbmY-GM

Wwena
April 20th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Waaaaaay cool, thank you!!

Hulamoon
April 20th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Very cool! I'm going to watch the other one's later. The school kids must love these!

Jean Sewing Machine
April 20th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Today is science and mapping day on the forum! Have you ever seen the " toys in space" experiments done in the early 90s? They are way cool. I used to be the science guru at my school, and had all the toys they used in their experiments and the videotape of the actual experiments. It is fascinating to watch. This was way before YouTube, I'll have to see if they are available still.

Musical_Starling
April 20th, 2013, 04:39 PM
I love these videos! Commander Hadfield is awesome (and Canadian! :D) He has a bunch that show how they make a pb&j sandwich in space, exercising in space, washing your hands, sleeping, clipping your fingernails, just a bunch of cool stuff that I would have LOVED to have seen when I was a kid!

Musical_Starling
April 20th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Just had to add this. We're very proud of our Canadian Commander :) This was a collaboration between him, The Barenaked Ladies, and a Canadian children's choir. Music from space, doesn't get much more awesome than that!!

http://youtu.be/AvAnfi8WpVE

Lisapc
April 20th, 2013, 05:02 PM
This is wonderful.....My son just left for baseball practice with is Dad. I will show them both when they get home. Thank you for sharing that!

ncgrammie
April 20th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Way too awesome! I had to send the link to my DD &DDIL. Both are teachers. Thanks for sharing Joyce.

Bubby
April 20th, 2013, 06:09 PM
Now that's cool!

ilive2craft2
April 20th, 2013, 06:19 PM
Joyce that was really cool! It didn't react the way I thought it would...just love learning new stuff like this!

Dee, I also loved the video you posted - he is talented in many ways! I just love the Bare Naked Ladies!

mom4him
April 20th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Thanks, I had to share this one with my kids.

Hulamoon
April 20th, 2013, 07:13 PM
Dee that video was awesome!

Musical_Starling
April 20th, 2013, 07:27 PM
Dee, I also loved the video you posted - he is talented in many ways! I just love the Bare Naked Ladies!

Yep, he is :) I like BNL too but since Page left it's just not quite the same. Still good, just... Different...

Dee that video was awesome!

I know, right? I'm curious as to how they got it all to match up as I know the audio from space is often delayed by a few seconds (no different than a satellite phone used offshore)

Lisapc
April 20th, 2013, 08:29 PM
The Peter's loved the washcloth in space. Thank you!

Winniesfriend
April 20th, 2013, 08:44 PM
LOL that was great, amazing things they have on youtube.

Genny
April 20th, 2013, 11:12 PM
Well now thats just too cool! I'm sending this to my daughter, she will love it...thanks for sharing.

Tanya D
April 20th, 2013, 11:42 PM
He did a science class with a high school here in my small city a few weeks ago. If you are on Facebook, he has a page. He posts some amazing pictures with a description of what or where it is. Pretty neat stuff.

Granny Judy
April 21st, 2013, 12:06 AM
Love the music and the experiment... awesome!!!

rebeccas-sewing
April 21st, 2013, 07:26 AM
Not what I would've expected. Interesting! thanks for posting, Joyce.