PDA

View Full Version : Navy daughter on deployment......

shermur
April 20th, 2013, 09:48 AM
My Navy girl left her San Diego base yesterday for 7 month deployment....I was doing great on phone call number 1 yesterday morning, but then she sent her dress white photo just before leaving port and one more phone call before she left....I lost it and cried due to emotional roller coaster. It will seem like forever until she graces the home shores towards the end of this year......keep her in thoughts and prayer that she returns home safe! Thank you!45545

lighthouse
April 20th, 2013, 09:51 AM
I thank her for serving, wonderful picture. Will keep all of you in my prayers.

MayinJerset
April 20th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Is this her first deployment? No matter, mothers will feel the same way you do no matter how many times their child is deployed.
She looks very happy so she must love what she's doing. Good luck to her and hugs to you. May in Jersey

Jean Sewing Machine
April 20th, 2013, 10:26 AM
I knowit is so hard to let them go! So proud and thankful of young folks like her who choose to serve our country! She looks sharp in her uniform!

shermur
April 20th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Yes, May...it is her first deployment. She went to San Diego after her first leave home the beginning of 2012 summer. She was home last month on leave.....I just keep hoping it gets easier as time goes by....

Sandy Navas
April 20th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Sherri, it won't get easier, but your pride will cover that up. She's a wonderful young lady and I'm certainly thankful for her service. She'll be safe with all our prayers for her!!

shermur
April 20th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Thank you so much, Sandy....since she graduated from Great Lakes a year ago, I have been convincing myself that everything is fine! I just really miss her a times.....

ilive2craft2
April 20th, 2013, 10:47 AM
I am thankful for her service and will keep her in my prayers. Way to go Mom - you raised a wonderful daughter! Lisa

asta
April 20th, 2013, 10:50 AM
May God bless her and all of those who volunteer to protect our country. My son recently left his Navy career behind him, it does not get any easier but with the help and support of family and friends it got more comfortable for me. Think good thoughts, keep busy and talk about how proud you are of her.
Beth

Wwena
April 20th, 2013, 10:56 AM
I hope she stays safe! Beautiful pic.

Mom23
April 20th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Your daughter looks beautiful in her Navy uniform. Thanks to her for serving our country and thanks to you for raising such a wonderful woman. My prayers are always with those serving in the military.

Mchelem
April 20th, 2013, 12:33 PM
My Navy girl left her San Diego base yesterday for 7 month deployment....I was doing great on phone call number 1 yesterday morning, but then she sent her dress white photo just before leaving port and one more phone call before she left....I lost it and cried due to emotional roller coaster. It will seem like forever until she graces the home shores towards the end of this year......keep her in thoughts and prayer that she returns home safe! Thank you!45545

I feel your pain. My daughter is an MA in the Navy and I dread those calls telling me she's going somewhere for any amount of time.

IBake
April 20th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Sherri-my son is in the Navy also. Stationed in Naples Italy right now. He is headed out for a two month deployment in two weeks....his wife and the two little ones will stay there.

I know how hard it is, but she is doing what she wants to, and the ship is a safe place for her.....sometimes they get to an area where they will be able to call or Skype... Keep you chin up...it never hurts less, but it get easier to bear-sorta. My son has been in over 10 years...they have "done" New Orleans, Japan, Virginia Beach, and now Italy....My hubby was AF and we spent 20 years hopping around the world, so now I know what my mother felt every time we moved!

You and your daughter are in my prayers.....and thank her for her service....

Lisapc
April 20th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Your daughter is in my prayers. I am grateful to her and your family for her sacrifice to serve the rest of us.

Tanya D
April 20th, 2013, 01:46 PM
She sure looks sharp! Good luck to her. Will you have any contact with her while she's on deployment?

nanaleslie
April 20th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Sherri, your our Daughter looks sharp in her whites. I will keep her my prayers to come home safe and sound. You must be so proud of her. I can only imagine the emotional rollercoaster you are on. I hope this forum and your quilting projects will keep your mind busy to ease things for you. :)

Evilynn
April 20th, 2013, 02:16 PM
HOpe she stays safe!

shermur
April 20th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Tanya...she will probably get to connect with me on Facebook mostly...I am currently finishing the piecing of her quilt (Jenny's Tube technique).....but there will probably be two months there won't be much communication......

Musical_Starling
April 20th, 2013, 03:28 PM
She looks so beautiful in her dress whites. I will add her to my prayer list for sure. Despite the sadness and fear you must be so proud of her :)

Iris Girl
April 20th, 2013, 07:41 PM
she looks sharp in her uniform and happy. Prayers for her safe return

ncgrammie
April 20th, 2013, 08:07 PM
I thank her for her service too and thank you for your sacrifice. She is a beautiful young lady. It doesn’t get any easier but she has all of us praying for her safe return. Please keep us posted.

Amber
April 20th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Sherri, thank you to your brave daughter for her service to our nation. I will pray for her safety and swift return. I know how hard it is to let a child leave and not see for alot of months. Thank goodness for the technology we have now to keep in contact with them. I think about my mom who got married (late 50s) and moved away. Back then you didn't even call each other long distance unless it was an emergency or extra special occasion. They used the old fashion letter writing to keep in contact.

Winniesfriend
April 20th, 2013, 08:15 PM
It must be very hard for you, I hope you daughter stay safe. BIG HUGS.

Genny
April 20th, 2013, 11:27 PM
Sherri, how proud you must be of your beautiful daughter! She will be in my daily thoughts and prayers. Genny

pcbatiks
April 20th, 2013, 11:32 PM
Sherri, this must be very hard for you but I know you must be so proud of your daughter .

Tanya D
April 20th, 2013, 11:33 PM
2 months is a long time...I'd have a hard time with that. Big hugs to you.

Granny Judy
April 21st, 2013, 12:09 AM
Adding my prayers for her safe return... I love the picture.

phoots
April 21st, 2013, 02:52 AM
I've had a lot of BF's leave from that exact same port for deployments. It actually goes faster than you think. Just keep yourself busy!

Pam in Vegas

dwil23
April 21st, 2013, 05:04 AM
I will keep her and all service men and women in my prayers! I can't imagine how hard it is on Mom's when their sons/daughter's leave. I know you are proud of her, though.

Renate
April 21st, 2013, 05:48 AM
How good she looks and what wonderful experiences she will have ... good luck to her and a healthy return

rebeccas-sewing
April 21st, 2013, 07:21 AM
She looks pretty happy in the photo! I'm sure it's hard. I would feel the same way if my girls were in the military. All of us hope you'll tell her how much her service to our country means to us.

mgreen2427
April 21st, 2013, 07:26 AM
From one Navy Mom to another Hang in there, I know how you feel. Thank you're daughter for serving!! Many of my son's military family call me " Michigan Mom" I Love it !!

CrazyMtnLady
April 21st, 2013, 07:56 AM
Will keep her in my prayers.