PDA

View Full Version : Finally, it's Saturday

Blondie
April 20th, 2013, 07:06 AM

Good Saturday Folksies!

Today promises to always be better than yesterday, doesn't it? I left work earlier than usual yesterday because all my folks cancelled out due to strong storms coming into the area. I was able to get home before they hit, thankfully. Hate driving in that stuff. The rough weather in the afternoon knocked our power out a few different times. The last time was last evening and we just went to bed. Woke up at 4 a.m. with the lights & sounds of Duke Power working on the lines right in front of our house. That still doesn't justify the increases in my power bill, but, since they woke me up, I am happy that they have had to be up longer.

Yesterday when I mentioned how giddy I was, quite frankly I was being a bit sarcastic. LOL. Even though in my misery I can be happy, I was feeling wierd from the allergy meds and headache meds. Allergies are in full capacity at the moment and that means migraines are back. Everything in the yard and house are covered with yellow and green pollen. Now, the good thing that keeps me "giddy" is this:

and this

and this

My dear friends, I continue to pray for those in Mass and Tx. I just read online that the second suspect was captured. The city of Watertown must be exhausted - bet they all slept better.

Have a marvelous weekend, everyone. I have a feeling we shall be doing more clean up after the weather of yesterday. But first, a long day at work to make up for yesterday. Sigh. But I still have my smile!

Blessings, prayers, big hugs and great big smiles for each.

Blondie

Monique
April 20th, 2013, 07:18 AM
Good morning friends. I did get to meet Denis yesterday and visit his shop. Very nice start. I hope your ears weren't ringing because we were talking about some of you. LOL!! Here is his Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Valley-Needleworx/120625748126646?fref=ts Pop in say hi. I know he would appreciate hearing from you.

Another work morning. I am not sure what this afternoon will hold. We did have a beautiful warm day yesterday and now the temps have dropped again. JEEZ!!!!

Have a wonderful Saturday friends. Enjoy the day.

Boston residents can sleep a little better after last night. Thinking of all of you.

shermur
April 20th, 2013, 07:23 AM
Happy Saturday morning to all my quilting cyber friends! Picked up used sewing machine for my 12 year old daughter yesterday and enjoyed an evening of sewing with her last night! Today, hubby has been invited to see the truck races in Kansas with friends; little girl and I are going clothes shopping (good grief she's had quite the growth spurt lately) and come back home to work on her charm skirt project. I have advised her that she also needs to think about what she would like to attempt as a project when she hopefully gets to meet Jenny Doan and her family in October....she asked " I have to make something for Jenny to see?!!!!" Kind of funny for the newbie quilter in this house!

buckeyequilter
April 20th, 2013, 07:36 AM
YEAH FOR SATURDAY!!!!!

Heading to my sewing room :)

Have a great day...prayers and hugs

quilter.martha
April 20th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Morning all! It's great to be back to the land of quilting and sewing! Tax season ended for me on Tuesday and I've spent the last few days playing catch-up around the house and spending time in my sewing room. Oh, it feels soooo good! I'm working on finishing up a FMQ project from a class I took on Craftsy. I hopefully will post it in the next day or so. It took me 3 1/2 months to do it as I had very little time to sew during that period.

Today is a sew group at church that I am heading out soon for. Looking forward to spending time with some other ladies who enjoy sewing. Have a great day!

Mpyles
April 20th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Good morning...I love Saturdays! The prelude to a day off!

I don't know if its the 40 degree weather or what...but I am sure dragging lately. Yesterday after work I came home and slept for 2 hours and truly felt as if I didn't get to that bed quickly I could sleep wherever I was at the moment. The bad thing about a nap at 5 in the afternoon is it throws off the sleep pattern. So here I am all draggy again at 5:30 am. Grrr vicious cycle.

Hopefully both my kiddies will be around the house tonight...I haven't seen them all week, but for here or there. Our schedules just don't correspond.

Everyone have a great Saturday!

CrazyMtnLady
April 20th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Good morning everyone. It is another chilly morning here..only 33*F. But the guys got up and are off to the woods. Heard a few gobblers that got their juices flowing to get out there. I hope they get one today so I can sleep in tomorrow. LOL.

My prayers are with the people in Boston and Texas also. I just don't understand the reasoning behind the bombings. My friend knew a couple of the fireman that were killed in the Texas explosion. Our hearts our going out to their families.

WOOHOO...I just heard a shot...hope they bagged a turkey!

The sun is coming up and shining on the trees so beautifully.. It is going to be a great day here in the Ozarks. Hope you all have a wonderful day too.

Hugs and prayers to all.

aliaslaceygreen
April 20th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Headed out to work... of course! But I AM off next Saturday, so I will start preparing the Happy Dance! Coming home today I MUST do some laundry... Laylabug here tomorrow night...

Have a GREAT day!

Iris Girl
April 20th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Good morning all, the sun is trying to peep out but still kind of overcast. Yesteday the power was out for an hour or so in the afternoon, yes it was cloudy but no real rail, so we all went outside and watched the birdies. Its been slow at work this week not sure why. Hope its a little busier today. Worked extra yesterday as someone called out. Got some homemade split pea soup in the crokpot for tonight and maybe the [power will stay on and I can sew alittle. off to work now stopping at staples for some frixion pens last day of coupon . Still wished we carried them at Michaels Hugs and prayers to those that need them and want them , Have a good day all

Granny Judy
April 20th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Shhhhhh, I'm the only one up... Everyone else is snoring. (even the cat) I have the morning all to myself and can enjoy the little things that make life a bit more magical.
Frost on the car with the sun reflecting off the window.
The stillness before the birds awake and start chirping away.
The lazy clouds drifting along
And me with my cuppa observing it all.

Yup! It's gonna be a great day. I'm almost ready to join in, but first some DEEP Breaths. AND another Cup, Please!

Bubby
April 20th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Good Morning,

Jeff is out in the woods hunting an elusive gobbler...I hope he fills his tag! After working a 19 hour day yesterday I hope he has a good hunt.

We had a crazy weather day yesterday...it snowed for 3 hours (no accumulation). I'm not sure what today will bring.

I'm in a real sewing slump right now. I know it will pass - it always does.

My daughter is really enjoying her Esthetician classes at the Aveda Institute in Albuquerque. She called me to let me know she had done her first 60-minute facial. I asked her how it went and she said, "It took 2 1/2 hours!!" At this point the students just work on each other and I think that may be a good thing!

I'm thrilled the manhunt is over for the bombing terrorist. The good people of Watertown and everyone else can sleep easier now.
My prayers go out to all the victims. BOSTON STRONG! I was totally impressed with the show of force and the professionalism of everyone who worked this disaster.

Wishing everyone a great Saturday...Hugs, Barb

Lonna
April 20th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Oh this vacation has just flown by soon it will be time to go back to work. The sad thing is I still feel as tired as I was before vacation and have not done any of the things I wanted to do. But it is all good at least I got to spend the days with dear hubby. As for today just waiting for Hobby Lobby to open so I can go and buy some batting then to Walmart to pick up a few things and back home to my sewing room.

It looks as if today will be a beautiful sunny day the first of the week. Have a great day!

MayinJerset
April 20th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Good Saturday morning, sun is out and looks like a nice day to get the back deck cleaned up and tables, chairs and flower pots arranged. Colder this morning than I expected so I'll wait until mid afternoon to do that. Front lawn is looking good, so nice and green and foundation plantings perking up after their Winter sleep. Azaleas that are in front of them aren't in bloom yet. They were dug up and re-planted last Fall because of overcrowding so this year they should make a beautiful display. Also had a large lavender azalea from the back yard re-planted in front of our new white fence, this side of our lawn butts against neighbors and this azalea continues their huge front yard display of many different plants and small trees. DH will be re-seeding some small bare spots on front lawn and maybe general reseeding of the entire backyard. Getting seeds down now takes advantage of spring rains and saves us the trouble of daily sprinkling. Okay, enough talking about what we are going to do and getting myself ready to do it. May

MRoy
April 20th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Good morning! A spring cold has knocked me for a loop so I'm taking it easy today. We've had lots of rain this week and the yard needs mowing but it's just going to have to wait. Maybe I'll feel up to sewing some later today. I need to finish the last of my bow-tie blocks so I can start putting the quilt top together but I'm not sure of the layout yet. Decisions, decisions!

ilive2craft2
April 20th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Good Morning everyone! The sun is shining!!! Yeah!! It has been raining or cloudy for days here. It is still chilly, but I think it is supposed to warm up today. I am heading to the quilt show this morning (to the bank first, hahaha) and then we have our 3 month old niece tonight. Hope to sew some between events. Have a great Saturday! Lisa

Claire Hallman
April 20th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Have fun with the niece, 3 months is such a cute age with the smiling at everything.
I have been very busy the last two weeks and I am really just vegging today. I do plan to go to my sewing room and put away the things from embroidery bee on 4/6 and sit and sew last Saturday. I want to do a little UFO finishing or at least take a stab at it.
Our Spring is here and the flowering bushes look so beautiful. I love Geo Tabor azaleas.45561 this picture is from last year but they look just as beautiful this year and I haven't taken any pictures.:0

Lisapc
April 20th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Happy Saturday to all!

My house is a complete disaster and I hate it but that is what happens when I chase kids around the state during school vacation.
I am cleaning everything today and then intend on making up for all the sewing I haven't done this week, especially the past 3 days.

Prayers to all!

bakermom
April 20th, 2013, 01:46 PM
waiting as DH fixes brunch for us then off to run errands together. Should be a stop at a nearby quilt shop on the list. Not that I need anything, but it's always fun to look.

Honeycamp
April 21st, 2013, 09:49 AM
thank you Claire and Blondie for sharing your pretty flowers. I have had my hands full of trying to get my paren'ts yard in shape. I have had to hire some mexicans to help clear out the underbrush and have finally found the walkway. It is quite a chore. The storms that came through the other day required a tree to be cut because it suffered too much damage.
Today is going to be a day of rest.
And Blondie, I am smiling.