PDA

View Full Version : Funny phonecall

Tanya D
April 19th, 2013, 06:49 PM
I work for a land survey company. I just had a lady call me asking if we do Real Property Reports...a report that shows your land measurements, you house measurements and anything in your yard or attached to the house.

I told her we are only doing updates to previous ones we have done, but not issuing new ones as we are just too busy with bigger projects.

She asked me if I could search by name to see if we had done the original one since she didn't have it in front of her. So I asked her what name it would be under and she replied, "Oh gosh, I don't know...I've been married and divorced so many times, I can't keep track".

It took everything in me not to burst out laughing!

So she gave me the last name of Epp...it came up that we did a job for a Bruno Epp. She said, "No, that's my ex". Then she said, "Try Darryl Epp". Ok, I didn't want to ask...was that her exes brother??? LOL

Hulamoon
April 19th, 2013, 07:22 PM
That is funny!

I have had to talk to several Companies lately too. I get people calling from the mainland for survey's and my rental, and they ask is that chickens I hear? Then we get into a whole conversation about chickens. We get into where we live and the weather. It's too funny. I love talking to them. It all ends in such a great mood. I hope I made some ones day:)

bubba
April 19th, 2013, 07:27 PM
Too funny! Right before I left work today, one of my deputies needed medical aid for a person with a head injury. It was the end of my day and 30 minutes before vacation started and I called fire and when they answered, I said, Hi, I need head........dead silence.

Lisapc
April 19th, 2013, 07:52 PM
I've got one for you. I am Lisa, we moved into our home 4 1/2 yrs ago. Right after we moved in the phone rings and they ask for Lisa. I say this is Lisa, they say Lisa I*****, I say no we just moved in but the old owner was a Lisa as well. I then got Oh, really? Are you Lisa B******. I said no and I never have been anyone but me Lisa p*****. Well here we are 4 1/2 yrs later and I am constantly accused of lying about who I am. At least 3 times a week I send bills from collection agencies back marked "No such Person here" and have been yelled at by bill collectors about a hundred times because I am lying about who I am. The previous owner was here as a girlfriend and then wife of two different men in this very house! No wonder they think I am lying.

Just crazy!

K. McEuen
April 19th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Well, as forgetful as she seems, maybe it's a good thing she went from brother to brother ....

Hulamoon
April 20th, 2013, 12:33 AM
Lisa that sounded funny but It's not. I would be so pissed off. I can't imagine dealing with such a stupid thing involving your first name. Are they going to bother every Tom, Dick and Harry?

Lisapc
April 20th, 2013, 12:52 AM
Lisa that sounded funny but It's not. I would be so pissed off. I can't imagine dealing with such a stupid thing involving your first name. Are they going to bother every Tom, Dick and Harry?

I gave up. I now only answer the phone if I know the number. I delete a lot of messages now that I know are not really for me. Frankly I am not surprised because my name is so common so some weird thing was bound to happen.