PDA

View Full Version : Not a bill I was expecting

Tanya D
April 19th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Darn it, my son needs his wisdom teeth removed as there is no room for them.

I checked my benefits and from what I could tell, it was fully covered. However I missed the part that we have a maximum benefit amount of $1500. The surgery is $2188. Because he's already had a couple of dentist appointments to determine he needed them out, I'm on the hook for $911.

Sigh...that was NOT in the budget.

bkthomas
April 19th, 2013, 04:13 PM
You have my sympathy....

GinnyKNC
April 19th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Health care is so dang expensive. People say oh 80/20 is good coverage :( If you have a deductable and then have to pay 20% of a bill it's not so cheap if you are having surgery. I've had two bypasses that ran $400,000 each. 20% of that is a lot of money!!! I know how you feel.

Tanya D
April 19th, 2013, 04:41 PM
It also means that his cleaning that is scheduled for the end of May is not covered nor is any other dental procedures he might need until the end of the year. Thank goodness he takes great care of his teeth and they are in great shape.

cyndiofthevortex
April 19th, 2013, 04:58 PM
I'm right there in that boat with you, Tanya. Hand me a paddle! My youngest (19) needs all of his wisdom teeth out. Where is this money supposed to come from? It's not like you can hold a raffle for health care bills! Hmmm.....not a bake sale, either. Too many sweets.

Sew Perfect
April 19th, 2013, 05:09 PM
I hate it when that happens. My son needs his out also; our portion is $700. I call his our expensive kid when it comes to teeth.

Will your dental office allow you to break it up in payments?

Lisapc
April 19th, 2013, 05:20 PM
I have 4k in dental work this coming year if I ever make the appointments. My insurance covers the first $1200 and hubby didn't talk to me and only put $1k in the flex account. I am rooked but at least expected it.

rebeccas-sewing
April 19th, 2013, 06:28 PM
Yep! I remember those days. Kids sure do suck a person dry when it comes to the bucks. I keep wondering when we'll be free of our daughters' expenses. I just hope I live long enough to see that day!

Tanya D
April 19th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Cyndi, you can raffle off quilts!!!!

phoots
April 20th, 2013, 01:48 AM
I understand. I'm sorry.

Pam in Vegas