PDA

View Full Version : Easy like Sunday morning....

patticakes
January 30th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Hi Quilty Lady Friends,
Thank you for all your support. I really don't have many close friends to talk to so it means alot! Woke up at 3 am and could not sleep so I got up, made a pot of coffee and watched shows I dvr'd and have not had time to watch.
Jan, thank you so much for sharing your story with me. I don't blame you for leaving what must have been a horrible situation. I got married at 17 and had a baby at 18 and know how it feels to be young and not really know that much about life.
Feeling nervous but okay about the eviction thing (and to clear it up - it's not my home, it's a store I manage in a really high-end mall and the owner of our store has not been paying the rent. I've been going through this for the past year but it has never got to the point of being turned over to the sheriff. Not sure if the owner can pull us out of this dire situation and I am just nervous about going to work and having them come in and kick us out.) When I knew this all was happening I made a decision to ride it out until the end because I have worked as the store manager for 15 years. I am tired of this rollercoaster but am hanging on for the ride cuz I am really one strong woman who has been through alot in her life and can do this.
BF is off to see about the bail on his boys. Just signed all my fan blocks for the swap and am waiting for the iron to press them all. Making a sheperd's pie for dinner, life goes on......
Thank you again for being such a supportive group of friends and for all the (((hugs)))). I felt everyone of them!
Patti

Blondie
January 30th, 2011, 10:41 AM
We must have been typing at the same time! I have been just thinking of you, sweetie!
Good to see you up bright and early.
You know, we never know what we can do until we have to sometimes. I guarantee you that each of us on this board can validify that by different situations in our lives. If put all together would make an unbeliveable Lifetime Movie. I know that my life alone would! LOL.

I am glad to have the friendship and support of this group, too.

quiltingtrish
January 30th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Don't those hugs feel great Patti! That's why we are here - not only quilty stuff, but also to hold each other up through life's ups and downs.
15 years is alot of time to invest in with an owner like that. I'm praying that everything works out, but also know that there is a door somewhere open for you if it falls through. There are times I wish I knew where the good Lord put that door so I could find it faster.

HUGS,

debinmalaga
January 30th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Patti, it's good to hear you sounding so strong!! So glad this group is here for us all!!

janluna
January 30th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Hi everyone, happy Sunday. This is a day the Lord hath made rejoice in it!"
Patti, I understand it's a business. You had better take anything that is yours home, because if they do send the sheriff they could keep your stuff as well as the owners stuff.
Trish, I just went onto Joann's online and they not only had the rotating mat I got but they have them in different sizes. It was weird too because I looked under rotary cutting and found the 12 x 12 one on sale for 25.00. Went back to that page and couldn't find it. Did it again and it was full price. Then again and it was more. If you go looking and find it don't change pages and put it on your wishlist and that way while you are looking around you have it and can add it to your cart when and if you decide to buy it.
Morning Blondie, have a great day Honey. How is your Mom doing?
Well, I've got 5 blocks done and today will make three more. My back hurt a bit but maybe if I only do 3 it won't hurt so much. I'll be done on time though. My husband loves them. I made them with a red 1/4 circle cause he said they were the prettiest ones. I also have a purple and a pink 1/4 circle to do. Joe only likes the red ones.
Have a great day everyone, and thank you everyone for lifting each other up in times of trouble. This site is full of amazing people. We are all here for each other, what a gift from heaven, Love you all, Jan L :icon_hug:

patticakes
January 30th, 2011, 02:05 PM
LOL Blondie - maybe we could do some "Sex in the City" (hum..."Quilter in the Country") version! You can be Carry or Karrie, however she spelled it.
They are off to spring the boys after raising the $3000 needed. I am keeping my mouth shut...too many bad feeling floating around and you know how things go with that. Something will get said that can't be taken back.
Taking a shower now, throwing another load of laundry in and then retreating to sew in quiet contemplation.
Found this adorable table topper I want to re-create!

toggpine
January 30th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Patti,
I think Jan is right. You should take everything that is yours out of the store, make sure your other employees do the same. This is not a dispute between you and anyone. You are merely an employee. If the sheriff does come, make sure they know you are only an employee and then do what they ask. This shouldn't be any reflection on any of you. You aren't the one responsible for paying the bills. It is scary to not know what is coming, but the sheriff is not going to put you in cuffs or anything.
As for the kids, well, lets hope it sorts itself out.
We are here if you need us!
Cathy

Carol_Ann
January 30th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Hello everyone !
I'm just catching up on all that's been going on. Patti, my heart aches for you. Try to look at the bright side always. I truly feel that something so much better is ahead for you & you must suffer this setback temporarily. One day you will look back and realize what God's plan was .
We got hit with yet another foot of snow this week & more is predicted in a few days. it's become a dangerous situation whereas there is nowhere to dump all the snow. Company roof tops are caving in, some buildings too. Today the sun is shining so I am enjoying that. Soon it will be spring, right?

Blondie
January 30th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Patti - I like that table topper pattern. Looks so familiar to me.
By now I am sure the boys have been sprung from the clink. I would be making myself scarce as well. C'mon down here for dinner with the Mom and then we could work on that Lifetime Movie of the Week. LOL.

I also agree with Jan and Cathy. Make sure you get all your personal's out before the sheriff comes. I have always thought that a little bit of paranoia is a good thing. And a little goes a long way with me.

Keepstitchin
January 30th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Hi Patticakes,
Just caught up on your situation and wanted to let you know I am praying for you and your family. I hope everything works for the better, and keep up the great attitude!!
((HUGS))

middlesis1966
January 30th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Patti Im so sorry to hear whats going on. I know how it feels to work for someone that long that staying to the end feels like its the right thing. God does close one door and opens another. Stay strong and he will be there every step of the way.
The main reason I love this board the best is the fact that we can be there for each other and can say whatever we want. Other boards have so many rules that it feels more like going to a place where the only thing you can do is whatever they say. Here we can share it all.
OMG why is it whenever hubby does a choir he makes a huge deal about it. He just walks in and has to make it a point that he's washing the meat slicer. Whoop tee do, good for you. DAH you got it out and used it so clean it. Man hes just lucky I still like him and wanna keep him around for awhile or I would be going postal right now. Hmmm maybe from now on I'll make it a big deal whenever I do my choirs. Ok enough whining.
On the lighter side Im doing o so much better. I can sleep on one side so Im able to sleep in bed now. I had a port put in the other day so I hope by the end of the week I can sleep on that side. Its my favorite side to sleep on. But hey I am so happy I can sleep in bed now. The couch was getting old.
Have a fun filled Sunday afternoon all!!!
See ya later alligator!!!!
Paula

quiltnut
January 30th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Patti im so sorry to hear about your dilema there,I do hope it all works out for you soon,so that you can get on with life as it should be.
Life gets tough at times,when the hardest times come we normally use survival instincts that kick in.
I shall send some prayers your way too. :) Hang in there keep your chin up.

EsGrandma
January 30th, 2011, 09:16 PM
Patti, My prayers are with you. Hope that your table top is well on it's way - I've quilted myself through many a rough time - You have many friends here who are pulling for you and sending you many warm hugs and prayers. Linda

patticakes
January 30th, 2011, 10:27 PM
You are all the greatest! Thank you for all the words of encouragment and support.
Blondie your offer is sweetest thing and what a movie we could make. You are also in charge of the music since I listen to the songs on your blog all the time.
I took everything that was mine out last year when another one of our stores closed this way and my assistant manager and I decided to check the public records and found that our store was in the same situation. I have a coffee cup, a fork and a hairbrush there right now. When it happened to our other store they were allowed to take their belongings. But I will pack those things in my purse when I get in, along with any other employees items if necessary. I also have an emergency file set up with everything in it that I have hauled around with me for a year. I will add 1/2 the petty cash to it so that if it does come down and the owner asks me to do anything there are funds to do it with. I have an email into the owner so hopefully he will call me first thing.
On the other emergency the boys are free and I am done stressing about them. I have to concentrate on what might be happening this week.
I did get the blocks already to mail for the swap, took the pics (but they are too large to upload no matter how small I make them) and found some material that might work for the table topper. Going downstairs now to cut some red and white blades for a new project.
Thank you all again!!!
Patti