PDA

View Full Version : Brother SQ9050...over my head?

EmmaB
April 18th, 2013, 01:35 PM
A few weeks ago, "Kellied" so generously offered me a sewing machine. Ended up we were too far apart so I was not able to accept her generosity. Thank you again Kellie for that offer.

At any rate, I'm still doing some hunting and have come across an unopened, still-in-the-box,Brother SQ9050 on craigslist and was wondering if anyone was familiar with this machine. I'm especially curious as to it's ease of use. It looks like it has a lot of bells and whistles and I'm a little leary that it would be over my head experience wise.

Thoughts anyone?

Sharyn J
April 18th, 2013, 03:11 PM
I'm not familiar with the machine but I've looked at the specs online. Do not be afraid of a machine being over your head. We all have features on our machines that we don't use or seldom use regardless of the cost. Computerized machines are not difficult at all, in fact, I believe they're quite easy to use. They provide a lot of stitches that are very useful for top-stitching and machine applique along with other useful stitches and this machine appears to have a lot of nice features.

When it comes to buying a sewing machine, buy the most that you can afford.

bakermom
April 18th, 2013, 04:00 PM
I have the prw5500 and DD has 6000i which are similar but older. Nice machines, easy to use, you shouldn't be afraid of it.