PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for Texas....

buckeyequilter
April 18th, 2013, 07:33 AM
My thoughts are prayers are the people of West, TX as they deal with the aftermath of the chemical plant explosion.

My ex worked at chemical plant (he retired from it). I even worked there for a while and we lived in the small town where the plant was located and always knew that there was an element of danger.

Iris Girl
April 18th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Thoughts and best wishes going out to West, Tx , not only are they dealing with the chemical plant explosion, Mama Nature is not being nice to them either.

madampolo
April 18th, 2013, 09:40 AM
My prayers and thoughts with those people today as they see the damage in the daylight. I understand some firefighters are missing, too.

m0rningangel1
April 18th, 2013, 09:47 AM
My son and daughter in law and the kids all live in Elm Mott and I am so thankful they are safe. My niece is the principal of the middle school in West which has been destroyed. As far as they know now there was no one in the school. She was supposed to be at a meeting of the principals at that school but she was sick and didn't make the meeting. From what I heard early this morning the people had already left the school before the explosion. My heart and prayers go out to the family and friends in West this morning. I am sure that a lot in Waco had friends and families that were there and they all need our prayers today..

m0rningangel1
April 18th, 2013, 09:48 AM
It is raining and cold these people need our prayers no doubt!

WendyI
April 18th, 2013, 10:00 AM
It's such a tragic accident. So sad. :(

m0rningangel1 I am so relieved your family is safe. Please take care.

Tamara J Liddell
April 18th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Here is a fb page that has some information: https://www.facebook.com/CentralTexasFires.org?hc_location=stream

My friend Angela runs this page and a couple of others.

http://statter911.com/2013/04/17/major-explosion-at-fertilizer-plant-north-of-waco-texas-part-of-town-leveled-reports-firefighters-had-responded-for-a-rekindle/

m0rningangel1
April 18th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Thank you I was so relieved when I heard from my son and his wife last night. They have a new baby and a 3 year old I was afraid they would have to evacuate last night. I wish they had come on to my house with the winds last night. Elm Mott is within 15 minutes or less from West. I used to drive to West just about every Sunday to the Czeck Stop for Kolaches and thousands stop there. West is such a small town like a little Mayberry. They all know each other and this will be very devastating to them all.

Telliott68
April 18th, 2013, 11:22 AM
I stayed up wayyy past my bedtime watching all the coverage lastnight. We heard the explosion from our house and thought that it might just be thunder in the distance where the storm was morving in earlier than expected. This is so sad. West is a very tight knit community and my heart goes out to everyone there. "m0rningangel1", I sent you a friend request. I work in Waco every day and live out in Riesel. It's always good seeing someone from "the neighborhood" on here. I'm glad your family is ok as well.

Lisapc
April 18th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Praying for them all and grateful for those that are safe.

CrazyMtnLady
April 18th, 2013, 01:06 PM
We are saying prayers here for the people of West. As I said in my morning post our friend that is visiting lived in Waco for a long time before moving to Crockett about 8 or 9 years ago. He said he knew people in West.
Glad to know your family is safe.

Mchelem
April 18th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Thank you I was so relieved when I heard from my son and his wife last night. They have a new baby and a 3 year old I was afraid they would have to evacuate last night. I wish they had come on to my house with the winds last night. Elm Mott is within 15 minutes or less from West. I used to drive to West just about every Sunday to the Czeck Stop for Kolaches and thousands stop there. West is such a small town like a little Mayberry. They all know each other and this will be very devastating to them all.

I cried last night when they showed the footage of the Czeck Stop and the windows were all shattered. So devastating, and bad weather on top of it all.

cyndiofthevortex
April 18th, 2013, 01:38 PM
It's a terrible tragedy. I was so sorry to hear about it this morning. May God be with all of those injured and with the families of those killed.

Kaytessa
April 18th, 2013, 01:38 PM
Praying for all in the area. Mega prayers are sure needed.

pcbatiks
April 18th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Prayers and thoughts for those of West, Texas........hoping they can feel the prayers and support of everyone.