PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thursday

Blondie
April 18th, 2013, 06:48 AM

Happy Thursday Morning Folksies!

Wellsir, I have been awake quite awhile, just not online. Hubby just left for work and here I sit, trying to read some of what I missed after yesterday morning. Golly gee whiz folksies ~ we have some very busy peeps here.
Yesterday I was able to do just a little work in the yard - in between showers. To those who like old tymey stuff and plants, etc. you may understand my excitement at finding some blood root near our wood pile yesterday. Of course it was near some poison ivy, which is also what it is good for pre treating yourself I have been told for years.
I also checked on some of the plants that I put in various pots to root. Never 100 per cent perfect on anything, I was delighted to find that some of the creeping hydragea rooted, naturally the curly willow did, all the usual suspects like mock orange and forsythia as well. These may well be common for most folks; I have learned for my own mental well being of happiness that for me to be successful in gardening, planting multiples of plants happy in my yard is the way to go.

I spent the afternoon FMQ a panel from GrammaJudy for Marilyn's PICU group. Almost finished sewing the binding down last night before bed. I also did a few falling charm blocks. Now, let me tell you something about myself. I am not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to anything. Really. I couldn't get the charms to look right. I kept looking at the tutorial and putting the "corners" in the wrong direction. Go ahead and laugh at me. After a good talking to myself, I did kinda laugh at me, too. I collected them all in a stack and said to myself, I said, Blondie, this isn't rocket science. Try again tomorrow. Jean, I almost called you. LOL.

Have a wonderful day, everyone. Off to get ready for work and the usual suspects.

Blessings, prayers, hugs and smiles. Go back and read about my falling charm fiasco and smile again.

Granny Judy
April 18th, 2013, 07:27 AM
I also had to play with a charm pack.. Had the same problem, Blondie. Thankfully it was a small pack, but I had to have those little people in it facing right side up... Nightmare and I promise never to do that again!! It'll make a cute PICU quilt if I can ever face finishing it.

Had horrible storms thru the night, lost power and went off to bed early. Woke to more rain and flash flood warning. I am so thankful we live on "high" ground. There was a "river" flowing thru our back yard.. hope it didn't wash away the tool shed.

Off to get a cuppa and start my day. Laundry to finish and making those Chicken wraps like McD's has for supper tonight ... Last nights meal had no left overs. Isn't that suppose to mean we'll have beautiful weather today??

MayinJerset
April 18th, 2013, 07:32 AM
Morning Blondie, No coffee this morning as my DH is still sound asleep so I'll have to make it myself. After a PT workout yesterday afternoon and an evening photography class he was all tuckered out last night. He started PT because of arthritis in his back is giving him pain in his left leg.

Since it has been so nice and warm out recently I was planning some puttering in the garden today. Turns out it's cold and raining so that's out and I'll be going back to sewing. I have already unstitched yesterday's sewing mistakes and am ready to sew again, that is after I double check that I'm sewing the pieces together correctly this time. Sometimes I think I can sew some simple blocks in my sleep but yesterday I guess I had a nightmare while doing them.

MRoy
April 18th, 2013, 07:36 AM
Good morning! I woke up feeling like I'm getting DH's awful cold. I sure hope I'm wrong. We have a chance of high winds today and tonight. Sewing is slow around here lately. It was on hold while I finished getting taxes ready, now there are outside things to do and I'm having problems getting back in the swing. I hope that turns around soon.

Monique
April 18th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Good morning friends. I had just another day yesterday. I did finish the traveling book yesterday and will send it along this morning. Now I can get back to quilting. Hubby leaves for his trip on Tuesday. Getting him ready is wearing me out. AND no he can't do it by hisssself.

Nothing exciting happening in my world. Have a wonderful day everyone.

CountryHut
April 18th, 2013, 08:39 AM
oooooweeee - had to come in through the back door . . M* website is down in my part of the world . . .

Goooooood Morning my friendly stash bashing peeps :) . .

yesterday was a day of transporting fur babies to the groomer . . . had to drop off one fur baby -- 2 hours later pick up that furbaby and drop off another - 2 hours later do it one more time . .. so all 3 babies got had their day at the beauty parlor -- I know what you are thinking . . yes I know . . . . but the groomer is on a highway full of truckers -- the peeps that travel that road - thinks it's a high speedline . *ugh*~ . . -- if I ever dropped one of the leashes -- these schnauzers go on the hunt - I would never forgive myself if something bad happened to them -- it worked out best that way . . I had one on one time with each fur baby -- they love to go bye byes -- BUT as soon as they see me turning onto that highway . . since the VET is on the same road -- they start with the shakes . Miss Liberty Bell is so bad -- she spits up . . oh my*~ . .

anywho . . I have a project on the table - but have to run to the craft store 1st thing this morning . .
sure hate the idea of --really-- getting dressed . I've become to the likings of those knock around clothes . . but sure can't
wear those worn out babies in public . L*~ . .

ya'll have a great morning and a super day . . . and -- instead of -- having a good day . . Make it a Good Day :)

HandsOffItsMine
April 18th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Hubby leaves for his trip on Tuesday. Getting him ready is wearing me out. AND no he can't do it by hisssself.

Must be Don's brother! After all the business trips/relocations Don has done in 21 years with Fluor Corp. - Oy! Same thing...:D

HandsOffItsMine
April 18th, 2013, 08:49 AM
After cloudy, rainy days...it will be 82 today! My body is not happy with these drastic weather changes! The Fibro is screaming! My mind loves the sunny sky though so I will focus on that instead...:)

Working on unpacking fabric and notions in the sewing loft, painting the cutting table and other wood pieces I found for it. Got to get going on some projects that are due as soon as I can pick up an adjustable chair.

After Zander get out of school, time to take the GKs to the park! Let of some steam...

Huggers, Ruby

Renate
April 18th, 2013, 09:05 AM
When most of you are getting up, my half day is over. So Iam always a little late or to early with what is yesterday for you or today or tomorrow ...

all I know for the moment: my cup of after-lunch-coffee is full and in some minutes it will be empty AND I spent this little break with you. Reading your post, looking to your pictures and I like it very much.

Jean Sewing Machine
April 18th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Hi Forum Friends! It's pouring here in St. Louis, with an occasional rumble of thunder as a wake up call. We are in for flooding! Can't imagine that after being in heavy drought as late as February of this year, which almost closed down Mississippi river travel. I don't think people realize how much commerce goes up and down that river, and when it doesn't flow, neither do the things we need! It's full now! I checked it out myself Tuesday when I crossed it going to meet Robin!

That Falling charms thing is so simple to do, that is to make the blocks. Someone noted that my quilt that I showed had the blocks falling in a different direction than Jenny's. It has to be the way you create your block by adding the second strip. I put my block on the jelly roll strip with the small white piece on top, she might have done it opposite. So they will fall different directions depending on how you sew the blocks. Just do it the same way for all, and you'll be OK. I have trouble laying them out also. I do one row, then do the second row opposite, then copy the row that is 2 rows above it to make it turn out right. And I do individual placement of blocks, as in placing the colors, AFTER I lay out the matrix of blocks. It's just too much to think of as you are laying them out. So, don't feel bad Blondie about being confused. Laying them out seems simple, but you really need to concentrate to get them all right. Then I had to take them off my layout table to do some cutting yesterday, so I had to mark each block to make sure I didn't have to go through all that layout jazz a second time!

Today, I'm meeting with my plumber who is going to start up my sprinklers. Don't think I need sprinklers just yet, Mother Nature is doing a great job. But if the system is turned on, it is just a twist and a turn and the grass gets its sprinkle of water. Might as well do it now, it's spring!

Have a good day, even if those April Showers are following you around. They say the April Showers bring May flowers, and we'll all be looking forward to that.

Ginny B
April 18th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Good morning everyone. Just thought I'd do a quick check of the forum this morning and see what everyone has been up to. Everyone seems to be very busy. Going to be a nice spring day here today. I think we will be getting some rain tomorrow though. I am enjoying the beautiful bird songs in the mornings now. Love it.

Ok, hi ho, hi ho it's off to work I go. (wish it was working in my sewing room though). Have a wonderful day everyone.

Ginny B

WendyI
April 18th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Morning all you lovely peeps! Today again work will beckon so it looks like the famine is over. Not that I don't LOVE spending my days in here with y'all, but it sure makes for a VERY long workday and I do so prefer to be at home! So now that things are pickin up workwise, I won't be in here so much. Also start another university course on May 1 and we pull our camper out of storage the same day, and then there are my gardens to tend...and oh BOY am I NOT looking forward to that. Might have to be a total rehaul of the entire yard and THAT my friends is NOT going to be fun.

All my heart and warmest thoughts are going out to the people of Waco...such a terrible tragedy out there and I'm so sorry for those people who lost loved ones. Sure hope everyone else stays safe.

Have an awesome day all! xox

debinmalaga
April 18th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Good morning all from an overcast (but always beautiful) West Virginia! I've been here since July 29 and it still feels a little odd to say that :-).

Been sewing like crazy, but haven't completed too much! Got my coasters mailed for the swap, got 2 patriotic wall hangings done (1 for me, 1 for a Relay for Life fundraiser - thanks for the pattern, Carol Ann!) and am moving along on quilting my oversized wall hanging. Also paper pieced 4 birdhouses for another wall hanging I want to make... notice the absence of large quilts! I'm sticking to small stuff for the foreseeable future, have made enough big guys to last me awhile.

Loving life lately, have met so many nice people in our new home town, and have made a very special new friend (met through msqc!), which really makes life so much nicer than it already was.

My daughter might have an interview with DuPont in NJ/DE - fingers crossed for her please, she graduated a year ago with her Mechanical Engineering degree, and this will only be her 2nd interview in her field!

Have a lovely Thursday, all!

Deb

Lisapc
April 18th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Good morning all!

Diane: The groomer I use is on a state highway. I used to bring one in at a time for fear that something would happen and one would bolt into the street and surely be killed. I can now take them both in without fear of that because neither of them like the street so they rush to get into the building. I could open my door and let them out and they would run straight to the door.

However, I can not have them groomed on the same day. They are their for about 6 hours each because of their coats. I have to bring them in on different days because my male goes crazy if he sees anyone touch my female. He is very protective of her and although he lets them groom him without a problem as soon as they go near his sister he flips out. The last time they were their together he howled non stop and when they clipped her nails he growled showing lots of big teeth while staring down the groomer. Not good so they go on different days now.

I am off to the circus with my son, mother and GD Kora.

Have a wonderful day to all and yes I am hiding from all the tragedy in our world today and will try to be a kid again just having fun!

GinnyKNC
April 18th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Good Morning Friends. M* was down for me this morning as well and then there it was up and running :icon_woohoo:
I have to take Autumn in today instead of tomorrow because I just can't watch her in pain anymore. It's killing me.
Blondie you always make me smile and I guess that's why I was going crazy trying to log on this morning lol. I needed my fix.
I haven't touched my sewing machine all week as I've been trying to spend as much time with Autumn these past couple of weeks. I really need to get some things done but it looks like the weekend is going to be the first chance I get.
I'm also still trying to determine what pattern I want to use for my moms quilt. I have all of the material but not sure what I want to do with it yet. I have about a month before I can start on it so I'll keep looking.
I hope everyone has a blessed day. Enjoy the spring flowers while they last and remember to stop and smell the roses :)

Mpyles
April 18th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Good morning...late start for me...I slept right thru all the thunder and drug myself out of bed at 8:30. I love days off!

I am working on a strip quilt out of jelly rolls purchased at big lots...unsure where I am going with it...we will see. I have a "perfect piecing" class tonight...other than that..gonna laze around in this rainy turning cold day in April!

Everyone have a great day!

Bubby
April 18th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Good Morning,

Just a quick drop in between rounds of our storm. It's dark and the spooky green sky color that can signal a tornado. I'm sure we will be fine.

Wishing everyone a good Thursday....gotta run for now and unplug.

Hugs, Barb

CrazyMtnLady
April 18th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Good morning to all. Very late getting here this morning. We had some very strong storms go through and we lost power this morning and we were without power for about an hour. We've gotten 4 inches of rain and it is still raining. I am sure our low-water bridges are impassable, good thing we do not have to go anywhere today.

Our friend E.T. use to live in Waco (now lives in Crockett, TX) and knows a few people that live in the West, TX area that was devastated by the explosion at the fertilizer plant last night. We watched a lot of news this morning but they were not giving any names. I am sure his wife will call him if she needs to tell him anything. Our prayers go out to those that have been injured, killed or lost their homes in the explosion. The explosion must have been really loud and shocking because it registered on a Richter scale as a 2.1 earthquake would.

They have had some tornadoes in Oklahoma with other areas still in danger of possible tornadoes. Please stay safe.

Hugs and prayers to all.

KathieB
April 18th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Hi everyone! I've been lurking lately. It was so nice meeting Cindy and her DH at the Manchester Quilt Show last week. I'm hoping to get together with Fannie soon. My GD has been here a few times a week with her little ones while her BF uses the garage lift to repair their one and only car. We have to batten down the hatches since GGS Chase, 22 months, gets into everything! He's like the Energizer Bunny with solar batteries! It's a good thing he's so good natured and lovable! Needless to say, between visits and taxes , I haven't been sewing.

Yesterday, I finally made the name tags for the garden club members for last nights meeting. We're now planning our June 1 plant sale and I'm so happy that I have over 50 plants ready to go that have wintered in pots in the ground.

Right now I'm heading out to my Thursday quilt group at the library to get back on track. Hugs and prayers for everyone, whether you think you need them or not!

HdWench
April 18th, 2013, 01:10 PM
wow I'm here and posting AND it's morning!!

Ginny (((((hugs)))) it's never easy to let go, but when they are in pain... Thinking of you today and God Bless you for being a good mom and helping ease her way out from under the suffering.

Well, last night I did an "official" overnight sleep study 11:30 sleep time, took my night pills and I'm out like a light THEN they woke me up at 6:30 AM!!! What?? She said well your study is over - I said NO I'm not done sleeping heheheh uh I didn't win that one, but also didn't get put on O2 so we will see what is next.

I apologize I've been mia everywhere! March was pretty must spent sleeping 18 hours a day in odd increments, so whatever hours awake, was spent with Hubby, loving on our kitties or slowly trying to get 1 quilt done!

I have -0- Vit D in me so I'm on 2000 mgs a day and doc said give it 3 months -- oh HELLOOOOO no... I can't be sick that long, nope... eating eggs and Tuna (HUGS and TY NYSue!!!).... and going to get a second opinion because all this just doesn't "sound" right!

My protein levels were also very low BUT hubby cooks and we eat Adkins (ALL Protien).... so wth??? Anyway after a gr8 nights sleep I'm up and wanted to come in and say HI, I really miss everyone and am trying to get online more often.

DH said he will help me rearrange my sewing room - sewing clothing and quilting are 2 different dawgs so my storage needs have changed a ton!!!

TY TY to the person who told me about Big Lots --While it's not the greatest quality cottons, and 20 pieces with only in 3 or 4 colors each, but a price too good to pass up -- Just opened my package from MQS - that was send like 2 weeks ago and am thrilled to have more pretty fabric!

hmm my world in a nut-shell Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers... I'm hanging in here not buried under quilts and hoping April I can get back into life more :-)

Debbie

Lindagie
April 18th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Yesterday we stopped at our son and DIl's to see the two little grandsons and then their entire family came over after taking their church directory pictures. They all looked so darn cute dressed up! It was a treat to see everyone twice in one day!
Today is is nothing buy rain, rain, and more rain with some thunder. My yard is like a huge sponge. My grass may never get cut this spring! We will be ok as long as the power doesn't go out and our sump pump is working! Hope there are no floods in anyone's area.
Ginny, thinking of you today with your Autumn. Brings back sad memories of having to do the very same thing with our buddies.
It is so difficult to let them go, but even worse seeing them suffer.
I have so many UFOs to finish, so I better get to it so I can start yet another project. Peace to everyone and praying for no more catastrophes. This week has been horrible so far in our country. Praying for everyone!

jingleme
April 18th, 2013, 03:31 PM
I'm going thru withdrawals!!! & I've been missing all of you! the last couple of months I've had almost no time to come here & visit with all of you. only able to pop in & out for a few minutes here & there. But I'm still sending prayers & hugs out for all of you on a daily basis. I miss you!

((((hugs)))))

http://www.wimp.com/happinessalways/

http://laughingatmynightmare.1000notes.com/

bkthomas
April 18th, 2013, 03:55 PM
I've missed you too jingleme - so good to see you again! That link is incredible!