PDA

View Full Version : Saturday, Jan29

Blondie
January 29th, 2011, 08:33 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/gm/good20morning20friends-1.gif

Howdy do, Ladies

It is going to be a LOVELY day here. I can't wait to come home from work and get some laundry hung out on the line. It seems like an eternity since we've been able to hang out the laundry. Going to be around 50 today and sunny. Yes! I know we still have some winter left, our worst weather is always in February and March as a general rule.

Raising my coffee cup to salute the day with you.

check in later, sweetie pies

quiltingtrish
January 29th, 2011, 09:47 AM
I was up at 6 Blondie, but didn't want to wake you. Glad you are here now though. It's always a wonderful thing to start the day with a friend and a cup of coffee.

Hanging clothes out - I do that when it's nice too. But, they are calling for snow showers so there is a load in the dryer as I speak and ready to throw another one in the washer. When I made the extra effort to hang the clothes out everytime, I saw a difference in the electric bill. The kids know when it's wash day - whenever it's not raining or snowing!

Well, you should see me sitting here. I have a jelly roll in front of the computer here, a jelly roll book behind me on the sofa, a winter garden panel and snowman panel over at the table to start on today - am I motivated or what! I'm determined to get lots done this year. If ya all check in later, I'll probably be 'over there' taking a nap.

Keeping that phone by my side today - hoping for a phone call from Odie. The hike is over and he should be just waiting for graduation now! Yippee! On to the next phase soon. Sure would like to be able to take that drive down there on Wednesday to see him graduate but it's so far to the southern part of North Carolina that I don't think my boss will like me asking off for work for a few days. Oh well, at least I'll get to talk to him and see him by the end of Spring!

Well, you all have a super day and I'll check in later. Send some of that Spring on up here will you please? My clothes lines are waiting.

Hugs,

debi weaver
January 29th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Good morning, girls! My first thought was "wow, they're up early!" Then, I remembered you are on the east coast and an hour ahead of us! We love to get up early and spend time in God's Word before any other chores crowd our day, so we start early, too. DH makes my coffee as the dark sky takes on a pink hue just beyond our bare shadowy trees. I love the quiet time!
Congrats, girls, on laundry already started! Happy Spring-like day to you, Blondie! We are enjoying the same weather here in KC...but you're right, winter still has a few punches before we see the locust.
Like you, I hope to accomplish much today.
Blessings and smiles throughout your day!
Debi

janluna
January 29th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Good Morning everyone! It's grey and overcast this morning. I'm hoping for sun this afternoon. It's only going to 28 degrees today. Spring is only 6 weeks and 3 days away, or so my inner groundhog tells me.
I've been working on my blocks for the swap, and they are going together fast. Love this pattern. (grandmothers fan)
Just wanted to wish you all a great day.
We missed you yesterday Blondie. Have a great day today.
Trish and Debi, you have a great day too.
Hugs to you ladies, Jan L

Sandy Navas
January 29th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Good morning, EVERY one of ya'al. Got up this morning to an absolutely stunning sunrise. Beautiful day - although we're looking for sub-freezing before the day is over.

Didn't make it to Hamilton yesterday. I've been trying to stuff too many things into one day and my old bod just won't take it. Even called off a drop-in visit with my best buddy because I was exhausted from running around all over the countryside. Only bought three pieces of fabric yesterday - from Joann's remnant bin. But, I bought SEVERAL quilting templates and some other accessories/notions. The best find is a Gingher needle threader, the likes of which I have never seen before. It hangs on a ribbon and looks like a glorified nail-clipper at first take. You lay the thread in a little nook, slide the needle in, and push a little lever - and your needle is threaded. Will be fantabulous when hand-quilting. I am totally impressed. They were 40% off and the directions that come with it say it is a "Limited" edition - don't know if that means the presentation/decoration or if they just aren't going to make any more like this. It's the best little needle threader I've ever used.

I have to spend the day preparing some items for sale in our little 'shop' of shops so probably won't get to the sewing room. If I do get there I have some priority mending jobs for others that must be attended to, just so I have room to do my own thing!

Have a Wonderful, Fun-Filled, Productive weekend!

Lola2Ace
January 29th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Good morning! I wasn't up early at all, but I work this weekend and being a 2nd shifter, don't get up any too early on work days. The skies are gray and overcast here too, but it's not quite as cold as it's been lately. I am still quilting on the girly quilt and I need to come up with a better name for it than that! I also got 5 hexagons done last night and they are quite fun to make, I certainly can see myself continuing on with them and using up some of these scraps that are overflowing.
Trish, sounds like you have a fun day ahead of you with your projects. I sure hope you get that phone call from Odie. I vote to at least ask for the days off to go see graduation, your boss may surprise you!
Blondie, enjoy your warm day and laundry hanging out sounds marvelous.
Sandy, sorry you didn't feel up to going to MSQC or your friend's house. The needle threader sounds fun.
Laurie, prayers are continuing for you and your family.
Hoping everybody has a great day! Lola

debinmalaga
January 29th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Good morning, all! Been up for a few hours, sat and dozed in the recliner with Spike for a bit, our favorite way to start the day is with a cuddle. Then made real bacon and eggbeaters (I kid you not) for breakfast.

Mike and I decided to lounge around today and do the cleaning and grocery shopping tomorrow. I'm still stubbornly in my jammies and slippers and may stay in them until lunch!

Lola, I admire 2nd shifters, I think it's the hardest shift of all and I've done years of all three.

Working on the binding of my Dresden Plate project. Got the hanging sleeve done last night and the label done a few days ago. Ordered a 2nd charm pack to use as a scrappy binding and got all the pieces stitched and pressed last night. Now to watch Jenny's binding tute one more time before I jump in and try to do a continuous binding.

Wishing you all a wonderful day, and sharing my Spike with you.

SuzyQue
January 29th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Good morning all. The sun is out and shining. The snow is slowing melting. I saw pussy willow catkins popping out yesterday. It is suppose to snow another 6 inches or so this week, so I am off and out while I can today. Taking my mom to lunch, shopping, errands, etc. She needs a sunny lift and she will adore (I think) the gifts I made her this past week for her birthday! Can't wait to surprise her.

Blondie---I can smell that fresh laundry from here.
Quiltingtrish---make the snowman--winter will be over soon. Prayers for Odie.Wishing you could attend that graduation for both of you!
Debi--sounds like your day is off to a wonderful start. Hope you accomplish much.
Jan---could you speed up that inner ground hog? I am really getting sick of all this snow and cold!
Sandy---hope you are feeling better soon. Your nifty little needle threader sounds useful. Those needle eyes seem to be shrinking every year.
Lola---hexagons have always intrigued me, but haven't tried them yet. On my list. Enjoy!

Everyone else----go have a great day----be productive---make memories---have fun. SuzyQue

Elaine
January 29th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Good morning everyone, I was up early this morning too, enjoying a cup of coffee and the next thing I know I see our horses running up the road. My husband forgot to close the fence behind him when he went out to feed them. So...run to get dressed and out the door in the snow trying to help him round them up. (Thank goodness there are only 2). We finally got them back where they belong. It was quite exhilirating (sp?) to be walking through that cold snow. I have a mystery quilt that I never finished and I am hoping to get to that today between laundry and other things. Have a great Saturday everyone.:icon_wave: Blondie, you always have the cutest little pictures on your messages. Where do you find them? Elaine

toggpine
January 29th, 2011, 01:17 PM
Morning Everybody!
It sounds like everyone has a busy day planned. I would so love to be able to spend it sewing, but we are off to get another load of hay or two. The yucky part of that is it is raining. I am hoping that we can get the truck through the muddy patch to the barn where the hay is stored. It was kind of slidy yesterday, so we'll see if we can make it now that it has been raining all night.
Trish, I do so hope that Odie calls.
You all have a productive day. I'm off to make sandwiches for our outing today, and have a bowl of Advil for breakfast. Check in with you all later!
Cathy

shell.scraps
January 29th, 2011, 01:30 PM
whew....checking in with my last spare moment that I have today...I am on my way out to prep for an awards banquet tonight...

I hope that everyone has a great Saturday...be blessed and joyous for you are blessed and loved...

See you all tomorrow !!!

Sandy Navas
January 29th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Good morning, all! Been up for a few hours, sat and dozed in the recliner with Spike for a bit, our favorite way to start the day is with a cuddle.
Wishing you all a wonderful day, and sharing my Spike with you.

Spike is looking up with an expression that says "What do you mean you are going to post my picture on the internet?" Too cute.

sally
January 29th, 2011, 02:35 PM
We are heading off on our vacation today. Trying hard to fight a cold that wants to land in my chest...uggh but I will persevere! I am sure I will go thru quilting withdrawals :D
I know I will miss you guys! Have a great week everyone. Be safe! Talk to you when I get back.

:icon_hug:Big Hugs, Shauna

janluna
January 29th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Good morning all. The sun is out and shining. The snow is slowing melting. I saw pussy willow catkins popping out yesterday. It is suppose to snow another 6 inches or so this week, so I am off and out while I can today. Taking my mom to lunch, shopping, errands, etc. She needs a sunny lift and she will adore (I think) the gifts I made her this past week for her birthday! Can't wait to surprise her.

Blondie---I can smell that fresh laundry from here.
Quiltingtrish---make the snowman--winter will be over soon. Prayers for Odie.Wishing you could attend that graduation for both of you!
Debi--sounds like your day is off to a wonderful start. Hope you accomplish much.
Jan---could you speed up that inner ground hog? I am really getting sick of all this snow and cold!
Sandy---hope you are feeling better soon. Your nifty little needle threader sounds useful. Those needle eyes seem to be shrinking every year.
Lola---hexagons have always intrigued me, but haven't tried them yet. On my list. Enjoy!

Everyone else----go have a great day----be productive---make memories---have fun. SuzyQue

I would love to hurry my ground hog along but these things take time. Sorry! lol

sewsoft
January 29th, 2011, 03:50 PM
I got my Chrysalis pack today all I can say is W@W it's beautiful. I'm not feeling so well I hope everyone is well. Talk to you all next week.

middlesis1966
January 29th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Afternoon all! I too can smell the hanging laundry. O how I wish it would stay around longer. But I too have to face the facts that its still early, but time does fly oh so fast.
Deb love your cute cute dog.
I just had a visit with my mom, so I will leave you with her favorite saying. "This is the day the Lord hath made, rejoice and be glad in it."
Have a fantastic day all. Have a safe and fun fun trip Shauna.

Blondie
January 29th, 2011, 08:33 PM
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z316/bettyboop6896/Good%20Evening/Betty%20Boop%20Good%20Evening/136357161_1389775.gif

Hi Ladies
Been a long day as Saturday's generally are. After work had to do some grocery shopping and the infernal run to Walmart. Did find some towels on sale there so I shouldn't complain; until they fall apart after my Luscious does the laundry. I tell him all the time, NO BLEACH on towels and no hot water on everything. Oh well, I am thankful that at least he does do laundry. Now if I can get him to clean the toilet, I will be very content.

I have some blocks to work on for the sisters who gave me all their Daddy's shirts. since I liked how the fan blades went together, I may have to make them up out of the shirts. I think the fans would look great done in plaids, stripes and solids. I will be working on that for the most of the week. They are hoping I can get three quilt tops of any size put together. We will see how I can stretch the blocks out.

Shauna ~ enjoy your vakay. We will keep everything in place for you here.

Sewsoft, hope you get to feeling better. Feeling puny with little kids around is certainly no fun; but perhaps your hubby will have mercy and take care of them while you stay in bed with a good quilt magazine and lifetime movies. Now I am wishing I had ordered the Chrysallis pack

Trish, hope you got that call from Odie.
Debbie I am twitterpated with Spike. What a wonderfully expressive face. Sure do miss my old Bassie. We have been "speaking" of another one eventually. I just want another dog. I would have more than one but I don't see that happening anytime soon. We are taking Mom's chihuahua eventually. I have had her dog at my house several times. Luscious just isn't fond of her. He likes her better down at Mom's house.

Off to see what I can get into.

Blessings to all.

patticakes
January 29th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Hi all!
Bad news "bears" hit me hard the past couple days. Got an eviction notice at the store yesterday that said they turned the case over to the sheriff's department, this is after our owner told me everything was taken care of in November. Obviously it wasn't. I am expecting them to come into our beautiful store and close us down. How embarrasing and sad. Nothing I can do about it but am worried about my employees. I figure it will happen next week. Called the owner and he was not in. I am nervous to be without a job escpecially since I have a vacation to Florida set up for week after next. Very ready for a change but just don't want to go thru all this. When one door closes the good Lord opens another one right?
Last night we went to a 21st Birthday pizza party for BF's youngest son's girlfriend. After we left the young un's continued to party and went to a hole in the wall bar at which there preceeded to be bottle throwing and some fights. BF's oldest and youngest son's are now sitting in jail. The youngest one with a little charge and the oldest with "assault with a deadly weapon" (!) charge. Sad and worried day for their Dad and I. A wise man once told me "nothing good ever happens after midnight".
Hoping to sew tomorrow to give my mind a break from all the worries inside it.
Thanks for listening!
Patti

Blondie
January 29th, 2011, 09:51 PM
(((((Patti)))))) I am so saddened to read this. What a terrible day you have had.
I do believe in open windows when doors close. My problem has always been that I keep banging on that durned closed door. It sounds like this has been done for you this time.

Hope that your BF can keep his cool over the boys. Don't you think it is the most difficult time when they are adult children? Each has to find their own way and that to me is the most difficult thing. I cut the apron strings a lot time ago - just hard to keep my mouth shut. Most times I am successful at keeping my nose in my own house. They know to just not ask my opinion. LOL. Double barrels then.

Glad you vented; hope it helped. Here's another hug for you.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b380/rullyrules/hugs.jpg

patticakes
January 29th, 2011, 11:13 PM
Awww...Blondie...thank you! I needed that hug! Such a good feeling to know someone understands...brings me to tears.
When it is your own kids it's a little easier to give some tough love, but these are the BF's grown sons so I have to filter my words. The oldest is just a big bully but does not pull that card with me because he knows I won't put up with it. The youngest, who is also in trouble but a less so, is a sweetheart of a kid who was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. There are two other brothers (yes there are 4 boys!) who are so angry at the oldest brother for dragging the youngest into this situation.
I'm just trying to support my BF as he is worried. At least it's kept me from worrying all weekend about my job and made me grateful that I have two grown boys who would rather be playing sports or ice fishing than hanging out in bars!
Thanks again Blondie, your message meant so much to me.

debinmalaga
January 29th, 2011, 11:31 PM
patticakes, I'm so sorry to hear about everything you're dealing with. Hang in there and vent here anytime.

quiltingtrish
January 29th, 2011, 11:40 PM
Oh Patti - my HUGS are with you too. Blondie - they don't get better as they get older? I heard they do and have been waiting for that. Katie, once again is on her thing to move out of here and find another place. She is almost 17 and anytime we say no to something which is rare - guess it should have been more no's the past few years - she gets on her high horse. Looks like I'll be up most of the night. Good thing I have found something fun to do.
I have always just used a regular straight stitch and then have done quite a bit free motion quilting, but never a decorative stitch of any kind. I'm using something that looks like a small feather on this Winter Garden panel and I LOVE IT! There are 12 sections with a garden winter theme in them and they all have a narrow border around each one. This stitch is perfect to go down thru the borders - looks so pretty! One section is done - I'm going very slow to make sure I don't mess it up. I don't think it would be pretty to try to take it out - the fabric is one of those light flannels and it's not easy to take out stitches without grabbing a flannel thread.
Off to sew some more~ I'll show a photo tomorrow. Stay tuned.....

Oh - no phone call yet but hear he might get his phone back tomorrow!!

Hugs,

Onetiredmomma
January 29th, 2011, 11:42 PM
Patticakes, I just said a prayer for you. He knows best, you know:)

I spent the entire day at work. I run a therapeutic riding center and am so blessed to love my job. I spent half the day today working on grantwriting and the other Hal riding. We don't have students right now because the road into the stable is very snowy. I came home tonight and had the best evening with my husband and babies. The dishes were done, and the house was in better shape than how I left in which is more than I can ask for! Tomorrow is my favorite day. There is nothing better than having a morning at church and then a fun day at home with my family! It rejuvenates my soul.

Sandy Navas
January 30th, 2011, 12:37 AM
A I needed that hug! Such a good feeling to know someone understands...brings me to tears.

Don't cry - you have a lot of friends here pulling for you. Life just ain't easy being green!! Sometimes it isn't easy being Sandy. Today it just ain't easy being Patti!

Prayers and hugs and lots of good vibes headed your way.

toggpine
January 30th, 2011, 01:37 AM
Patti, I know how hard it is to deal with kids that aren't really yours. You want to do the right thing by them, but you have to couch your words to keep from offending their parents. No Fun! You have my hug to go with the others on this one.
As for your job, it sounds like your boss has been leading you down the garden path over the eviction issue. It is too bad that the situation can't be worked out with the building owner. It super sucks that you are stuck in the middle though. Your vacation to FL may just be what you need to get your mind clear. You get another hug for that too.

Trish, I wish I could say they get better as they get older, but it seems as if the troubles just change. It sounds like Patti's almost step-kids are headed for a blot on their criminal records. Mine is headed for parenthood by September. I hope that Katie doesn't drive you completely insane! Let's hope that Odie calls you soon!

We got another load of hay put up today, and my sweet husband decided that we should go out for supper. I have such a good guy! He bucked hay all day and then bought dinner just so I wouldn't have to cook or clean up. He's a keeper for sure.

I have a giraffe snout to sew on and an elephant to get under way. You all have a good evening!
Take care! Cathy

janluna
January 30th, 2011, 02:47 AM
Patti, Joe and I are praying for you. We were evicted once. Only it was from a house. I was pregnant with our first child. The people next door to us had their house fumigated and all there "pets" came to our house. I called the landlord and told him. He said "oh everyone has to live a few little bug now and then." I told him these weren't little bugs they were roaches( we had to ask somebody what they were, that's how young and dumb we were) and I told him I wasn't bringing my newborn home to a house infested with roaches. He refused to help us and with the baby coming we couldn't afford to fumigate.
So I called my mom and she came and helped us get our clothes out and we left everything else behind, the furniture included. We took our clothes and washed them in hot water at the laundry mat three times and then dried them and moved in with Mom.
We had paid that months rent. He sent the cops and told us we were evicted and all our stuff was being sold at an auction. We told the cops why we left, he ripped up the ticket and told us he didn't blame us. We asked him to make sure people didn't buy our stuff because it was probably infested. It happened so fast. We were out within a week it was that bad. Still the stigma of that eviction is awful. I hurt for you honey. Maybe it's best you get away from that landlord. Something better will come to replace your store. A better store with a nicer landlord for one. Sometimes landlords are bad, bad people and you are better off without them. God will bless you. Hang in there. Hugs, Jan