PDA

View Full Version : HQ Avante' input

GrammaBabs
April 17th, 2013, 05:10 PM
Does anyone here have any pro or con info regarding the HQ Avante"..
I was told at MQX (by a Janome dealer that i found to be an honest and trustworty type,,,that the Handi Quilter has a very good track record for simplicity and repair... i am looking to increase throat space... any info out there that would be helpful???? Thanks.. Barbara

a1angiem
April 17th, 2013, 08:04 PM
Oh grandma! Are you bailing on me? I was very close to choosing an avante. Nice looking machine and the company seems good. Angela Walters uses one now and she told me it's really nice. You're lucky if you have a dealer near or someone to help you with it and service it. Here in Canada there's only one and they aren't close to me! I'm so excited for you if you get one and look forward to hearing about your experiences! Keep me posted please!

Lisapc
April 17th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Bits n Pieces in Pelham is an Avante Dealer. I would call the shop and ask them some questions. If they are anything their they are honest. I think they are selling a used one right now!

GrammaBabs
April 18th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Guess not Angie... not for this second... there was on on Ebay,, i missed it.... i've never bought anything on there, but the price just blew my mind, and was going to make a few calls this am to see if any of my repair guys could work on the HQ...Thank you for telling me about Anglea... i did use one at the expo... seemed just the simple style i like,,, for now,, i'll use the 1600 i have on the frame, i did buy 2 6" panto's just have to get up the nerve to try them... and stop this loop nonsense...LOL... I didn't know what i would do with the Janome anyway.. I may make the trip to Charlton, with DH, just to see what they have... there is a 16" for sale by owner... for about 3,,, i just want to see what they are all about... oh, and the J dealer at MQX told me not to waste my money on the stitch reg. from grace... PLUS,,, with things going on in the world today the way they are... i'm not thinking too hard about "spending" some money on myself... did that all my life in "prep" for this chapter of it... so as my kids are telling me... "Go for it Mum".... i'm not blessed with Grands... only 1 step,, he's 24 and well taken care of.... i'm sure there will be plenty left for him at the end of "all our journeys"....:) Thanks Angie... for thinking of me...
Oh grandma! Are you bailing on me? I was very close to choosing an avante. Nice looking machine and the company seems good. Angela Walters uses one now and she told me it's really nice. You're lucky if you have a dealer near or someone to help you with it and service it. Here in Canada there's only one and they aren't close to me! I'm so excited for you if you get one and look forward to hearing about your experiences! Keep me posted please!