PDA

View Full Version : Somewhat clean garage

Jean Sewing Machine
April 17th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Tomorrow a plumber will come to turn on my lawn sprinklers for the summer. No problem, he has to turn on the water, he has to go through the sewing room to get to the pipes, but, no problem, there is a path. But, I forgot, he has to have access to the controller which was totally inaccessible because of the junk piled up in front of it. There were costumes left over from 4 shows, office stuff from my former job, an old sewing machine, batting bargains, plus good old fashioned dirt! The dirt is still there, but the rest of it is put up off the floor on to shelves, and there s a clear path to the controller. Who knows how long this will last, but at least it is done for today!

Mom23
April 17th, 2013, 04:55 PM
That a girl, Jean! Hubby (cyclone) is leaving in the morning for a week of hunting. Once he's gone I will get started on cleaning. No sense doing it when he is here, I will just get frustrated. My plan is to clean like a mad woman tomorrow, then spend the next 6 days sewing. No cooking, just popcorn, cereal, or eating out for dinner. Love the guy dearly, but also love when he goes hunting!!

Tanya D
April 17th, 2013, 06:18 PM
That a girl, Jean! Hubby (cyclone) is leaving in the morning for a week of hunting. Once he's gone I will get started on cleaning. No sense doing it when he is here, I will just get frustrated. My plan is to clean like a mad woman tomorrow, then spend the next 6 days sewing. No cooking, just popcorn, cereal, or eating out for dinner. Love the guy dearly, but also love when he goes hunting!!

Um, I do believe this is called BLISS!!! I'm envious...I know I don't have to tell you to enjoy yourself.

WendyI
April 17th, 2013, 10:51 PM

I can imagine having your home to yourself for a week will be like a vacation! Enjoy!!

WendyI
April 17th, 2013, 10:52 PM
Tomorrow a plumber will come to turn on my lawn sprinklers for the summer. No problem, he has to turn on the water, he has to go through the sewing room to get to the pipes, but, no problem, there is a path. But, I forgot, he has to have access to the controller which was totally inaccessible because of the junk piled up in front of it. There were costumes left over from 4 shows, office stuff from my former job, an old sewing machine, batting bargains, plus good old fashioned dirt! The dirt is still there, but the rest of it is put up off the floor on to shelves, and there s a clear path to the controller. Who knows how long this will last, but at least it is done for today!

I love it when big piles of stuff get all sorted and put away...the dirt can wait! Not like it's goin anywhere! LOL!

Lisapc
April 17th, 2013, 10:57 PM
Great job on cleaning the garage. If you just don't go in there it will stay as it is or you can make a rule for yourself. Nothing goes in without two things coming out.

Mom23- have a great week to yourself.

Sew Perfect
April 17th, 2013, 11:19 PM
You go girl! A little dirt has never hurt anyone at all.

Sandy Navas
April 18th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Great job on cleaning the garage. If you just don't go in there it will stay as it is or you can make a rule for yourself. Nothing goes in without two things coming out.

Mom23- have a great week to yourself.

How many of us can truly do that? You have no idea how I wish this was always true . . . starting with the BIG stuff.

Jean Sewing Machine
April 18th, 2013, 10:08 AM
How many of us can truly do that? You have no idea how I wish this was always true . . . starting with the BIG stuff.
Me too, especially the old stove from my kitchen remodel 2 years ago that I can't bear to just put out to the curb for the trash man, but have yet to find someone to take it away for free.

jingleme
April 18th, 2013, 03:00 PM
[QUOTE=Sandy Navas;300147]How many of us can truly do that? You have no idea how I wish this was always true . . . starting with the BIG stuff.

my DHs 2 friends from waaay back have been here for a week......hmmmmmm big stuff first.... 2 things out.......more fabric in?

Slamelung
April 18th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Jean alot of times if you put items out for the trash, people will pick it up first or you could donate it to a thrift store or maybe a garage sale.

K. McEuen
April 18th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Me too, especially the old stove from my kitchen remodel 2 years ago that I can't bear to just put out to the curb for the trash man, but have yet to find someone to take it away for free.

Place it outside with a sign that says "Works, free to good home" if it works, otherwise leave that part off. I had a washing machine sitting by the house, waiting for large item pickup and someone stopped and knocked on the door asking if they could have it. I told them what needed to be repaired, and he said he just wanted it for the scrap metal. So he got it and drove away happy.

ilive2craft2
April 18th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Do you have a habitat for humanity restore shop in your town? They will take working appliances. They sell them at the shop to raise money for supplies they need at the homes they are building or remodeling.

I have a non-working dryer still sitting in the way in our basement. Our town does big item pickups regularly, but just can't seem to get the hubby and son in gear to get it up the stairs.....