PDA

View Full Version : Am I Wonder Woman?

Sew Perfect
April 17th, 2013, 03:11 PM
There is so much work to do and so little time to finish it by May 12. Only about 5% of the parquet flooring still needs to come up. It has been a long haul, but finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel on those. After doing 1/2 of that on my own, So glad Greg took over on those so I could concentrate on painting the kitchen cabinets and Jordan's bedroom. Greg, Daniel and I will start putting down our new hardwood floors this Saturday. Can't wait to have that done, although, it will only be the front of the house. I am looking forward to a time to rest, but for now...I am not going anywhere unless it's to Lowe's or Home Depot and I'm not resting until the job is complete. I will post before and after pictures once it's finished.

P.S. Not to mention the things I've been making to be sold at our sale on Mother's Day weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_17fVl7QUA

kensington
April 17th, 2013, 04:02 PM
Yes, Yes in deed. You are a wonder, Wonder Woman! Keep up the good work!

GuitarGramma
April 17th, 2013, 05:16 PM
I'm tired just reading all that you're doing -- it's quite impressive. So swing your magic lasso, because YES, you are Wonder Woman!

Tanya D
April 17th, 2013, 06:19 PM
I'm with Toni...I need to take a nap after reading.

It will be wonderful when it's all done!

BMG Gran
April 17th, 2013, 07:05 PM
I have never been one to do that kind of manual labor. When DH was alive he did all of that. Now that he has passed, I hire out for those kind of jobs. So, yes you are a wonder woman.

Bubby
April 17th, 2013, 07:42 PM
You sound like WW to me! One of my favorite sayings is, "I may not be Wonder Woman, but I can do things that will make you wonder!" You're definitely a very hard worker...Hugs, Barb

Lisapc
April 17th, 2013, 08:00 PM
You can do it because you are Wonder Woman! When you are done please take a day or two before you start your next project.

alliek
April 17th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Oh wow! and do you wear the blue short shorts too? Seriously, you are my hero!

Sew Perfect
April 17th, 2013, 09:37 PM
I am done working for the day. So tired. No wonder construction workers are so skinny...lots of hard labor!

Musical_Starling
April 17th, 2013, 09:55 PM
I am done working for the day. So tired. No wonder construction workers are so skinny...lots of hard labor!

You've obviously never seen my BIL. He's a carpenter, owns his own business, and looks like he's about 9 months along! lol You've got lots of hard work to do, but it will be SO worth it when it's all done :)

WendyI
April 17th, 2013, 10:49 PM
Oh boy do I feel your pain! We did hardwood throughout the upper floor of our house and the living room on the main floor ourselves...WHAT a JOB! My back was killing me by the time we were done. We took turns, but even with that whacky tool thing, it's still hard on the back. Sadly we chose poorly on the wood and it all has to be re-done..ugh.

You ARE WonderWoman for sure! That's a TOUGH job!

SallyO'Sews
April 18th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Git' er done, Wonder Woman! We're rootin' for ya!

Sew Perfect
April 19th, 2013, 02:01 AM
Today was another busy day for me. I woke up and got right to work at 7:30 this morning. I painted a second coat on the rest of the lower cabinets, finished pulling up the last of the parquet flooring in the foyer, and painted in the room our daughter moved out of. I chose a nice calm color for the room...Welcome Ivory or something like that. Now I'm sewing on the falling charms quilt a little bit. Just have one last row to sew on then will start the border. Thinking a piano key or something.

I'm warn out, but the sewing is relaxing while my DH is at work tonight.

Evilynn
April 19th, 2013, 02:51 AM
Wow. You're very busy that's for sure! I am pretty sure I couldn't do that kind of hard physical labour. Oo So yes, you are Wonder Woman!