PDA

View Full Version : Afternoon!!

WendyI
April 17th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Well I COMPLETELY missed the morning thread....the NERVE of work interfering with my M*Forum time! :icon_heh:

I had to do an information session for 35 people today...started out rough with people asking questions that were outside the scope of my presentation but then smoothed out and I apparently did awesome although I was nervous...I have given presentations before to volunteer groups that I've belonged to...but it's different when you are presenting information to your peers!

I have another meeting this afternoon and somewhere in there I have to go buy books for my course that starts May 1st! There are four texts for the course so I hope it's not overwhelming! I loved the first course I took but I think this will be a bit more challenging. I'm excited, but a little freaked out to be doing university at 47! LOL!

So...hopefully that won't interfere too much with quilting! Also need to bring our RV (trailer) out of storage and get ready for summer camping! FINALLY we have SUN today!! It's about TIME!

Hoping you all have a WONDERFUL day!!

pcbatiks
April 17th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Wendy...........how dare they........letting work interfere with your forum time!! :D Don't they know how important it is!!

Congrats on your presentation.........and good luck with your upcoming courses! :)

bkthomas
April 17th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Proud of you! You Go Girl!!!

ilive2craft2
April 17th, 2013, 06:00 PM
I am sure you did a great job on your presentation. Good for you going to college. My brother also went later in life and wanted to quit, but I reminded him that he would get to that same age if he didn't finish, but wouldn't have his degree. He stuck with it and got his degree. He immediately got a raise at work and then got a couple of promotions after that. You will do great!

CountryHut
April 17th, 2013, 06:05 PM
camping -- did I hear someone say camping? . .

Tanya D
April 17th, 2013, 06:15 PM
16 sleeps until we head to the lake!!! I'm so freaking excited!!!!!!!!

Tanya D
April 17th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Oh sorry, I got so excited I totally forgot to address what you were actually posting about :D

Congrats on the presentation and good for you for taking some classes.

WendyI
April 17th, 2013, 10:56 PM
Oh sorry, I got so excited I totally forgot to address what you were actually posting about :D

Congrats on the presentation and good for you for taking some classes.

LOLLOLOL! Thanks. Do you have a cottage on a lake?!? I am SOOOO jealous if you do! We have a friend who had a family cottage on a lake. My DH went there one long weekend, every summer, since he was 14. When we met I started going and then when our son came along we all went. Then three years ago, Christmas eve, our friends cousin was spending the night...something went wrong and the cottage burned to the ground and his cousin perished in the fire. We have not been back and I'm so sad...the lake was incredible! Clean, warm water, a wonderful dock you could dive from just wonderful. It's really difficult to find places like that to camp at...everyone camps now.

Next summer, we are going to start touring the States and I can hardly wait!!

WendyI
April 17th, 2013, 10:56 PM
camping -- did I hear someone say camping? . .

LOL! I take it you enjoy camping?

Lisapc
April 17th, 2013, 11:00 PM
I hope that work realizes they have no business interfering with your time even if you are on business premises.

If you tour the states be sure to let us all know where you are heading so we can recommend the best places to go locally.

WendyI
April 17th, 2013, 11:07 PM
I hope that work realizes they have no business interfering with your time even if you are on business premises. .

I know right!?!

If you tour the states be sure to let us all know where you are heading so we can recommend the best places to go locally.

I will definitely do that!