PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Greetings

Blondie
April 17th, 2013, 06:29 AM

Happy Wednesday folksies!

Yes, Wednesday; that day of the week that most count as the middle of their work week or hump day. I look at it as my last day for the next three that I can actually accomplish anything. As if I have accomplished anything this week! humpph! Each day I may have something planned to do. That I actually finish it is always questionable. I can roll with the best of 'em and kinda make do with change of plans. Yesterday was one of those kinda days. I have the feeling today will be as well. I did manage early yesterday morning to play around with a few blocks. I am not thrilled with them, so they will go in the orphanage for unused blocks, eventually to be used for something or the other.

Off to watch the falling charms video again. I may give that a whirl - Jean, didn't you make two last week? Clever girl.
Since my day is already taking shape at this early hour, I need to make sure I get in some ME time. Like right now.

Blessings in abundance to each here- prayers, hugs and of course, many smiles to encourage you today.

MayinJerset
April 17th, 2013, 06:50 AM
Thank you for the great wake up message Blondie. I hope to accomplish something today as I'm getting pretty close to finishing a quilt I've been working on on and off for the past several months. JI have been spending a few hours each morning working on it. Too dark out to see if the sun is going to poke its face out today but no matter I'll try to be classy and elegant today with a nice smile on my face. As long as I don't eat anything I'll be able to stay classy and elegant but once I eat my breakfast all bets are off, LOL!

Madeforyouinma11
April 17th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Good morning Blondie and May.... Wow, I'm never up this early. I don't think I'm up for the day but I'm up now. Didn't go to bed until 2:15 and I've been tossing and turning with a couple of little naps in between. I hate those nights. Oh well, maybe I'll just put some coffee on and see what I can accomplish. Still have about 20-25 small gifties to make for the bingo game at my daughters baby shower on the 27th. Today we are going to make some homemade salt scrubs and sugar scrubs. I have some coasters and mug rugs ready for sewing too. Trying to think of a couple of quick and easy things to sew...if you have any ideas, give em up. :) Most of the Chinese auction gifts are ready, just a few minor things to do for that.
I checked on my order from M* and it should be here tomorrow. I'm making a book quilt for the shower ( I know, I only have a week), because everyone is bringing a book instead of a card, so I want to put the quilt with the baby's new library. This is the quilt I'm making, only a smaller version of it. http://www.modabakeshop.com/2013/03/read-with-me-quilt.html
I think it's adorable. I think I'm gonna whip up a small stroller/carseat quilt too.
Well, off to read a bit before I start my day. I will start my day " classy" and "elegant", but something tells me that when lack of sleep hits, I'll be spilling my food and tripping over things..lol
Have a great day everyone!

Monique
April 17th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Good morning friends. I had a good day yesterday. Hubby and I went for lunch. I even brought supper home. Chinese dumplings, mmmmm good. They had cake for me at work in the afternoon. All in all it was a good day.

Today is another work day. Snow tires are coming off the van today. Surely to God the snow is now over until next year!!

Have a wonderful day friends.

dwil23
April 17th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Up early - I was off last night and actually didn't sleep much. I'm picking up my SIL and her sweet kitty Sara to make the drive to Gainesville. Sara has cancer and we are taking her to UF Vet School to see if there is anyting they can do for her. June and Sara are alone. June's only daughter lives in Texas, so Sara is so important too her, for several reasons. Please pray that they can help her. It will be an emotional trip - the first time I have been there since we lost our sweet Dash to cancer - one year ago yesterday.

Blondie, I sure know about how plans can get changed - mine do daily. Just once, I would like for a day to go as planned, because I plan them very well!

I hope everyone has a blessed day!

p.s. I love that DD - but I am trying to be good.

MRoy
April 17th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Good morning! Nothing exciting going on here. DH is still sick with a really bad cold and I'm trying not to catch it. The redbuds are blooming and I saw my first dogwood tree in bloom yesterday. I think spring may have finally sprung.

Bubby
April 17th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Good Morning,

All is well in our little corner of Missouri. We overslept two days in a row and a new clock radio is needed.

I have no real news...I'm still babying my back.

The book quilt is the cutest thing! I love the castle quilting and everything about it! It will make a wonderful gift!

I'm cutting this short..my back really rebels over the computer chair.

Wishing everyone a good Wednesday. Hugs All Around....Barb

aliaslaceygreen
April 17th, 2013, 08:21 AM
good morning, all!

Wednesday...back to work... what DID I do with two days off, anyway?

If anyone is interested in a fantastic movie, 42 is just awesome....

It was very well acted, and it is just amazing to see what has been overcome in these past years... a great history lesson for the younger set who probably can't even imagine such segregation ... And it's about baseball...love baseball movies!

Mpyles
April 17th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Good morning! I like Wednesdays....I am usually off on Thursdays...so Wednesdays are my friend!

Not a lot going on here. Wrk work work! We are suppose to have storms...sometime...they can't seem to tell me when for sure...but I think tonight late. It is prime storm season....ick!!

My daughter graduates high school in 3 weeks! Yikes!! Somebody turn down the clock!! It's going by to fast!!

Have great day everyone!!

Jean Sewing Machine
April 17th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Hi everyone! Yes, Blondie, I made two falling charms quilts in this past week, one is complete and the other has the blocks finished, laid out, but not made into a top yet. It is such a simple block to make, I made 63 of them in just two hours. Have fun doing it.

The past two days have been lazy days as far as sewing. Last night I pulled out my patterns for 1900 vintage costumes I will need for costuming "The Secret Garden". Looking at some of the images on Google for past shows, it can really be a beautiful show, with ladies and Gents dancing in white or light pastel clothing. This is a challenge, especially for the men. Looks like I'm going to get my chance to perfect building men's Edwardian Jackets! I'd rather do ladies clothing and little girls dresses! But I like to make men look good on stage also. The show goes up during the first weekend of August, there goes my sumer quilting! And we start this weekend with auditions.

shermur
April 17th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Hey, Blondie! I wish you the best of luck "accomplishing" on your ME time! I was piecing my borders between my finished blocks last night and I'm gonna be a little short...so trip to Hobby Lobby to get just a tad more fabric for one border!

buckeyequilter
April 17th, 2013, 08:31 AM
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u83/jst8761/gm/gm0706.gif

Not much going on today. Tonight I think I'm going to clean my disaster of a sewing room. I think I'm going to let my maple leaf quilt sit until the week-end and then finish up the top and get it ready to quilt.

Today is DH's birthday and we have nothing special planned...I guess when you've had 55 of them you've done most of the special things. He did get a couple of gifts and his mom is making him a pie, so I don't even have to make that :)

Well I better get to work. Have a wonderful day! Prayers & hugs....

Iris Girl
April 17th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Good Morning all. Today the sun is shining and I have 2 loads of laundry on the line. I see spring flowers up and ready to bloom. Despite all that I feel like I need a hug today. Its class day with my quilting ladies and do medical reason 3 out of 4 will not be there , that leaves me with one. She is a great lady and we enjoy each others company so I will be there for her. Today we are making the 10 min block into a runner with a scalloped edge. My other reason I feel sad is I had made a beautiful wall hanging to send someone as a PIF and when I asked for there address, they refused saying they can't imagine why I would want to send them something and that they felt uncomfortable with it. So much for doing my PIF .. I will send my coasters out in the mail today and I hope my swap buddy likes them. well thats my day tomorrow is back to work smile all and enjoy your day.

dwil23
April 17th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Good Morning all. Today the sun is shining and I have 2 loads of laundry on the line. I see spring flowers up and ready to bloom. Despite all that I feel like I need a hug today. Its class day with my quilting ladies and do medical reason 3 out of 4 will not be there , that leaves me with one. She is a great lady and we enjoy each others company so I will be there for her. Today we are making the 10 min block into a runner with a scalloped edge. My other reason I feel sad is I had made a beautiful wall hanging to send someone as a PIF and when I asked for there address, they refused saying they can't imagine why I would want to send them something and that they felt uncomfortable with it. So much for doing my PIF .. I will send my coasters out in the mail today and I hope my swap buddy likes them. well thats my day tomorrow is back to work smile all and enjoy your day.

Oh, that is sad. Didn't they sign up for it - isn't that how a PIF works?

Iris Girl
April 17th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Oh, that is sad. Didn't they sign up for it - isn't that how a PIF works?
no this was something I was doing on my own for her and it makes me sad but nothing I can do. I have other PIF's that people did sign up for going out through out the year

Slamelung
April 17th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Good morning, hope everyone has a great day. That is sad that they didn't want your gift but don't let it keep you from doing nice things just pick another person you think would like it and send it to them.

Iris Girl
April 17th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Good morning, hope everyone has a great day. That is sad that they didn't want your gift but don't let it keep you from doing nice things just pick another person you think would like it and send it to them.

yes you are correct I should not let it bother me. so here is the deal if its ok to post this. It is a cute wallhanging about 27 x 17 It is a hospitality pineapple that you gift to someone moving into a new home. If anyone fits that category and would like it please pm me.thanks

Lisapc
April 17th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Good Morning All!

Shirley: Happy Birthday to hubby!

Blondie: Don't forget, we make plans and God laughs. He has his own plan for us.

Iris Girl: You are kind and keep moving forward, there is always someone who will appreciate that.

My daughter and her family arrived from NY last night and the first thing my GD did was call me to make plans for today. So before noon my little guy and I will head to my Mom's. Kora and Peter want to play and I need some baby time. Then Kora gets to stay a week or two while the others go back. We were supposed to go to the movies today but there won't be time so we will do it another day.

I have a case of the "I wants". No one else wants anything so I feel weird wanting such expensive stuff. I am going to have to think on it. My new dress form is on it's way. I hope I like it as much as the one that died on me.

Have a great day and live with intention. I find that if you intend on the positive then that is usually what you get back.

ConnieNana
April 17th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Good morning ladies. It is a nice cool, dry morning in Texas. Storms are moving in our direction, though. DH has retirees lunch today and car club dinner tonight. I might go with him to dinner (our favorite pizza place) and then come back home. I would rather sew than discuss car events coming up. I might do lunch with our oldest daughter.....if she isn't doing something at the elementary school.
Our son came home from the hospital, yesterday. He is glad to be home. His recupe should be 4-6 weeks.

Went to my lqs yesterday and will go again today to pick up a templete. The rest of the day should be spent sewing....we shall see.

Have a great and blessed day, everyone.

ilive2craft2
April 17th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Good Morning forum friends! Plans never seem to work out for me. For the most part, I am a pretty flexible person and just go with the flow. Lately haven't been as good at it, but I am sure I will get back to the groove soon.

Lisapc - I was also full of the wants and usually don't buy stuff for myself, but this time I took the bull by the horns and used the money from a consulting job to get a used long arm machine. I am a very happy camper. Now just need more time to practice and sew. If this is what you do for a living, you need the proper tools to do it. A machine with a bigger throat, a long arm or whatever fits your style and budget.

Blondie, I do appreciate your posts - I don't always post back, but I do read them and your positive outlook on life has helped me out tremendously. Trying to incorporate it more into my life. Thanks for your daily posts. Lisa

GinnyKNC
April 17th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Good Morning All. Cil I love that quilt and it is on my to do list. I can't wait to see yours :) It's already 10:30 and I don't feel like I have accomplished anything today. I guess that means I need to get back to work lol. Blessing to all and have a beautiful day.

CrazyMtnLady
April 17th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Good morning all. Although I am getting a late start on here, I have been up for hours.. the guys are all pooped out from all the walking they have done in the last couple days and decided not to go hunting this morning. ET made us a wonderful breakfast and it was nice not have to do the cooking for a change. Yesterday afternoon we went to town and out to dinner.

So except for dealing with these 2 goobers and putting up with their antics I have nothing planned. I did pick up some batting the other day..now just have to find a bit of "me" time and do some quilting. But I know as soon as I start to do something like that the guys will be hollering for me to do something else. But we are having a good time. :)

Have a great day. Hugs and prayers to all in need.

WendyI
April 17th, 2013, 01:53 PM

Well how sad for her!! I say her loss! I can't imagine turning down such a thoughtful gift! (((HUGS)))) I say that the person who WILL get it will be happy she did though!!

quiltingtrish
April 17th, 2013, 11:49 PM
Oh Iris Girl - how sad she didn't want your beautiful gift. Maybe she felt like she had to do a PIF herself? I think it means that there is someone else moving that it should go to. I wish I were moving or I would say 'pick me! pick me!' but I'm not so, isn't that sad? LOL!

Man, it's quiet around here. The girls moved out last Tuesday and took the dog and kitten. Seems the animals are depressed and not eating well. They might come back here, the animals - that is. We kicked the girls out so they could get on with their lives. They do have plans but I don't want to say anything just yet. I pray everything works out in their favor and pray it is in God's plans for them. He knows if everything will work out, we just have to wait and see.

I've been busy working on table runners for Christmas gifts and finally got my 2 heart girl quilts layered and pinned last weekend. I really should finish something, that might make me feel as if I am actually getting something done instead of going in circles.
Better call it a night for now though. Time to clean up the kitchen and hit the sack for another fun-filled day tomorrow.
Hugs,