PDA

View Full Version : It's Friday...Um....the Giveaway for Jan 28 isn't available...right?

stlgal
January 28th, 2011, 12:29 PM
I always seem to always miss the Giveaway.
Either the current week isn't posted when I'm on line or I miss it because I didn't get back on line in time.
Sooooooooooo...if I'm looking at this right....the Giveaway should say "Giveaway Week 4 - January 28, 2011...right?
Just wanna play is all.

toggpine
January 28th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Stlgal, You haven't missed the giveaway!
They try to get them done on a weekly basis, but sometimes it just doesn't happen. My guess is they are swamped with orders from the daily deals, then there are all of those wonderful tutorials they make, and on top of that, they have actual people coming into the store wanting to buy stuff. Having never had the privilege of shopping there in person, but only online, I imagine those walk-in customers are treated to excellent customer service too. My guess is somethings just slip through, and this is one of them.
Can we really complain about the chance to win free fabric no matter what the schedule?
My method is to look for the most recent date and enter a comment on that thread. We don't have a "Week 4" yet, so my guess is "Week 3" is still viable.
Good luck on winning the prize!

stitchywoman
January 28th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Toggpine is right! You can never miss a giveaway! Because our timing is not an exact science you can enter any giveaway until the new one is posted! Yay all that does is give you extra time :) See how I fliped that time issue around :) We try to post each friday but it might show up on a saturday! If it gets into the next week most likely we'll wait to post until the next friday!

But don't ever feel like you've missed it! :icon_woot: There's always a giveaway going, so, there's always time to enter!:icon_woohoo:

debinmalaga
January 28th, 2011, 05:13 PM
When you first click on "community" from the MSQC home page, you then scroll down until you see "the weekly giveaway". Click on that, and you'll see all the posts. Click on the most recent week's post, read the question, and answer it.

toggpine
February 1st, 2011, 06:38 AM
It looks like they are 'locking' the old threads as they post the new weekly giveaway.
That ought to help a lot. It seems as if we can still read the posts, but can't comment on the thread. This will keep them from becoming 'active' and popping to the top and creating confusion as to which one is currently running.
Good job YSGLCG!
:icon_tup: